Protiviti

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in October 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied through my university career site. Within two weeks I had a scheduled interview on campus with two managers. The first one asked several behavioral and work experience questions. They also had me conduct a basic case study of a situation that simulated a routine process that a consultant would experience (this one in particular dealt with the varying stages of how a bank grants an individual a loan). The second manager asked me similar behavioral and work experience questions. After making it past this round, I was invited to a pre-superday dinner in the city. All of the associates were very nice and welcoming and very open to answering questions. The final round was conducted in their Philadelphia office. The superday consisted of an introduction, presentation, two in office interviews, a role play, and lunch.

Interview Question – Can you give me a time that you had to think outside of the box?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – Campus interview. 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute technical. Behavioral was easy, "Why *insert school*?" "Why *insert major*?" etc. Technical consisted solely of the case study and you asking the interviewer questions.

Interview Question – Questions asked during case study were somewhat unexpected but not too hard. Just pay attention to the details in the case study.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – On campus interview. There were 2 sessions; behavioral and case study review

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – Great and difficult questions, both knowledge based and interactive/open-ended

Interview Question – Placed in a real-life audit scenario and asked to quickly respond with my recommended solution   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is little to no room for negotiation with this company. That left a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth, given that I had a very reasonable request and a well-thought out and logical rationale. They have a fairly take-it-or-leave it negotiation style

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Protiviti in March 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an internship and then was offered a full-time position after I completed my internship. For my first interview, I interviewed with 2 managers for 30 min each. One interview was more conversational based just to get to know me. The other interview was a list of behavioral questions. Then I went to an office visit where I had a final interview discussing my solutions to a case study given the night before with a director.

Interview Question – I can't remember specific questions, but being prepared to talk about specific examples of my leadership, teamwork, meeting deadlines, etc. examples helped with the list of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – On campus interview first, followed by an in office visit with 2 more interviews and group presentation with other candidates

Interview Question – Your 2 biggest weaknesses   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Protiviti in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is simply behavioral interviews where they are really just looking to gain an understanding of your personality and how you would fit in with their company. The interviewers are very easy to talk to and ask the most basic behavioral questions, both of my interviewers asked a couple of them and then moved on to questions about myself.

Interview Question – Describe a time when something you were working on went wrong and how you solved it?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Protiviti in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Screening with HR Recruiter
Phone Interview with Manager
1:1 Interview with Director [ In Person ]
1:1 Interview with Manager [ In Person]

Resume based questions.
Smooth conversation like interviews.

Interview Question – Why Protiviti instead of other consulting firms?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Protiviti in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a response within 72 hours. A phone interview was scheduled for the next week. Was a simple phone interview consisting of basic fit and behavioral questions. Lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Why Protiviti?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview Details – I got an interview through my university's career center. First round was just a 30 min standard behavioral, although my interviewer mainly just wanted to walk through my resume and have a conversation rather than asking a set list of questions. I was called back that night for a second round interview the following day. The second interview was similar to the first, definitely more of a conversation than a typical behavioral interview.

A few days later I was called again to set up an final round office visit. The office visit didn't really have any additional interviews except a brief conversation with a manager at the end of the day. It was mainly about getting to know the people of the company, very relaxed and actually kind of fun. Still waiting to hear back about a final offer.

Interview Question – Why are you here? What is your purpose in life?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Protiviti

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!

Protiviti Videos

Protiviti – Why Work for Us?

About Us We believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. The Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Protiviti Process Consultant interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Protiviti employees and interview candidates.