Protiviti Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.5

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

Very simple and quick. Applied online and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. Had a recruiter screening and then a half day onsite. They then checked references and extended an offer. Offer was NOT competitive and they tried to bring me in at a full level lower than individuals that I had more consulting experience than. Please be careful bc as I expressed that this was very far off from my other opportunities in terms of salary and leveling the recruiter got nasty. I have heard that they love to underprice females particularly. The salary they wanted to give was at least 15K below my minimum.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior consulting experience and what attracted you to this role   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Protiviti

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

My interview process included five separate interviews, including an initial screening, a second phone interview with a manager, then three back-to-back on site interviews at the Chicago office. The screening interview was very conversational as expected and was not difficult whatsoever. The second interview with the manager included more direct questions such as "Why do you want to go into consulting?" and "Why Protiviti?". The Manager also asked about more in depth industry related topics as they want to confirm you actually know what you're talking about. The on site interviews were extremely conversational as well, and seemed to be more of an attempt to gauge personality/intelligence rather than to test what I knew about arbitrary topics. This was refreshing to experience, as it seems to be an indicator of their orientation to prioritize the quality of a person over their ability to memorize interview techniques.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group and how you were successful in doing so.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was efficient and very professional. It began with a 30 minute phone screening with an internal recruiter, who ended the call stating I will have a call later in the week with a Director. I then had a 1 hour interview with the Director, which was 50% informative and 50% questions/walking through my resume. Later that day, the internal recruiter reached out to me letting me know that I made it to the next round at the New York office. She worked with me to accommodate my schedule, so about 2 weeks after later, I had 4 in person interviews in New York, each about 30 minutes. The interviews were with all different levels of employees which allowed me to get a good perspective of the culture at Protiviti because I could ask candid questions to my future peers (which they encouraged). Overall, I was very impressed with the Protivti and the recruiting team (Shelley Piontek). I accepted the offer and so far everything has either reached or exceeded my expectations.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

The interviews were pretty straight forward, HR, 2 phone interviews, finally in-person with 3 managers. All about 30mins. They really just want to know your background. And it was very specific to the group you were interviewing for. Just make sure you know exactly what position you are interviewing for. They paid for the travel.

There was an initial offer negotiated but after that they tried to low-ball me with the actual written contract. Very unprofessional

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti in July 2014.

Interview

Many rounds of interviews - many levels of the company participated. Found it to be a long process but not a painful one. Questions were fair and well thought out. Really do not have anything bad to say about the process other than the amount of times I interviewed with someone.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

Women- don't apply here. I interviewed a few months back and met with three individuals from Manager to Managing Director levels. Two were okay, the third was argumentative and seemed to want to give a case interview but didn't really know how. Her questions were all over the place and she was combative with everything I said. So, okay. After the last interview with the MD, the recruiter came in. She asked what I thought of the company and if I had any lingering questions. Then she brought up salary, and said "when we spoke before I know you were looking for something around 85k, but the max we could do for you is high 60s or maybe 70. Is that still ok?" I was floored. That is less than I make now, and well below the average for senior consultants in Chicago. I said I would have to think about it, but fit/opportunity was most important to me. The kicker is that I had a friend interviewing for the same role. A man, with less consulting experience. So I asked him if the salary question came up, and he said he wanted 90k and the SAME RECRUITER said "we could definitely do that for you". Ladies, the pay gap is real, and Protiviti thrives on it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

This is a three step interview process: HR on the phone, Director on the phone and In person with several members of the team. The whole interview process was very conversational. There wasn't really any scripted questions or behavioral analysis. The one question you should get ready to answer if you are coming in as an exprienced hire is, "Why are you leaving your current job and what makes this opportunity different?"

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Protiviti (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter which wast mostly validating lawful employment, my pay requirements, and collecting high level experience/fit. Lunch with two directors. Very casual conversation talking about the role, intrest, fit, etc. Meeting with partner. Also very casual talking about experience and fit. Very casual overal. Employees like to talk about their careers. Met some really great people with lots of experience. Seemed like a great place to work hearing their experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen is performed by HR recruiter to determine if your expectations/experiences align with the role. Potential phone interview with management to determine potential fit within Protiviti. Last round is typically three interviews in the office with questions focuses on the candidate's past work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

interviewed at Protiviti (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

There were phone screen calls and interviews with individual staff. Pretty exhaustive and representative of who was on the team. Process congenial, not difficult. Interviews in Chicago and NY. Weird lunch interview: cell phones, etc., not much conversational skill for work or non work topics.

Interview Questions

• Could I work in a male dominated group.   1 Answer