Protiviti Technology Risk Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.7

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

There were two parts- one about past experiences/behavior and the other a case study. The interviewers were very nice and likable. And each part takes about 15 mins, so 30 mins in total. I was told that I would her from them in about a week or week and a half about whether or not I would get a second interview. I believe the 2nd interview would be in the office location that you applied to.

Interview Questions

• There were a bunch of questions that were "explain a time when you...."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Protiviti

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY).

Interview

Started off with campus recruiting - case study which wasn't too hard but wasn't a walk in the park either, and also a behavioral interview as well. Then second round in the office there were 2 interviews. Both were just casual conversations so they could get to know you. Some random behavioral questions were thrown in, but they were more integrated into the conversation so they weren't stressful. Then there is a group presentation you give.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very selective and engaging. They were actively interested in our educational endeavors along with our personal lives. Partitive does a great job at identifying top talent and personality. You will notice that everyone at Protiviti is very easy to talk to and get along with. It is amazing, and the culture is great here. Protiviti has several recruiting initiatives and spends a vast amount of resources recruiting talent.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the following process and explain any risks that you notice?   Answer Question
    • How would you work in a high stress team environment? Explain when, where and why? Who was it handled?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arizona State University, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Arizona State University, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

1. Schmooze recruiters at various events 2. Attend pre-interview social gathering, receive materials for case-based questions 3. First round interview - Behavioral questions / Case-based questions 4. Protiviti office visit, 4-5 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• Case based question, involved the most actual thinking; as opposed to just BSing.   Answer Question

Technology Risk Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti.

Interview

I heard about Protiviti through campus recruiting. I applied for a position on the campus career center and got accepted to a first round interview. The first round consisted of back to back 45 minute interviews. A week later and I got accepted to an office visit. The office visit also consisted of back to back 45 minute interviews. They took us out to lunch with some of the current employees. They get back to you in 2-3 weeks time about their decision.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time where you had to work with a difficult person and how did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Protiviti (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I began by meeting employees at 2 campus information sessions, first round of campus interviewing, and eventually to the office visit. Five days later I was called by the Regional Managing Director for a position. Throughout the 2 months I felt that the employees really cared about m e. I never felt like I was just another candidate or fish in the ocean. Great experience, great company, and great people.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions based on my resume. They are mainly looking if you are a cultural fit and do a lot of on the job training.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online directly through their website. Heard back the following week and scheduled a phone interview with an campus recruiter. The recruiter is just trying to get a sense of your personality and whether your past work experiences are applicable to the position you applied for. Really laid back and conversational. Later that week I was invited to an in-office visit the next month. The in-office visit was very professional. There's a pre-interview dinner the night before and they put you up in a very nice hotel that night. The in-office visit consisted of an hour-long presentation about Protiviti, followed by two 1:1 30-minute interviews with directors and managing directors. Again, these interviews are very basic and conversational. You're just asked a few behavioral questions and then go over your resume. Be sure to come to the interviews with questions already prepared. After the interviews, they take you out to a nice, long lunch with the other applicants. You finish up the day with a group presentation on what you've learned about the company. I received an offer the following day. Just be yourself during the entire interview process. They're trying to gauge whether you can work well on a team and if your personality meshes with the young, energetic culture of the firm. Everyone in the office is very approachable and easy to talk to. I definitely felt at home by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

Great people! Super comfortable process. If you have what they are looking for you will be golden

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Protiviti   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

First, I met with two employees 1 on 1 for 30 minutes each. One interviewer was laid back and easy going while the other was much more direct and to the point. After getting called back for a second round, I went to the office and met with 2 more employees, 1 on 1 each time. Both were very laid back and asked more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss were at a client and your boss just got out of a meeting where the CIO is now upset with your boss and thinks your company is just interested in selling them products, how do you approach the CIO to get his approval for a deliverable due tomorrow?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Protiviti (Denver, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was great - mostly all behavioral questions. The first round was at the career services department at my university and consisted of a 2 on 1 interview. Then, if you were called back, you attended an office visit where you participate in two 1 on 1 interviews and 4 round table discussions. They also take you out to a really nice lunch. Nothing to stress about, they just want to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Why Protiviti? Have you considered interviews with any of the Big 4?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict, and how you handled it.   Answer Question