Providence Health & Services

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services.

Screening by hiring manager. then panel interview with hiring manager and about 4 others where panel interview was virtual, some in same room, some on screen.
    Behavioral interviewing. They want situation, what you did, and outcome. They listen for that, they did ask follow up questions.
    About an hour long, and not enough time to have discussion in the panel or ask enough questions to help you know if you want to work with them.
    Thankfully I had a good discussion in phone screen with manager.

Interview Questions
    Made offer, I countered on salary and time off, they would not change in the time off. they did accept my counter on salary. Since annual raises are minimal, I took strategy to get highest salary in the beginning and did receive upper quartile pay.

Marketing Interview

The interview process was pretty painless. From the first phone call to start of orientation was only six weeks. I had a phone interview then was brought in for a face-to-face interviews with my potential manager and coworkers. The culture seemed great.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked basic interview questions about my background, why I was interested in the position and there were standard HR questions that had to be asked to every candidate.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services.

1st interview was a phone interview, which was great - one on one with the Manager - a week after I applied. Got called in for an in-person panel interview a week later. Panel interview was unorganized, awkward and uncomfortable - for the interviewers! It felt like it was the first interview they'd ever been a part of, which is shocking because they're Recruiters. After that interview I never heard back, not even an email. I have heard from other colleagues that they also went through multiple interviews, only to never hear back again.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were extremely specific behavioral interview questions. They were very specific to the role they are hiring for, and not the roles the candidate has previously filled. Prepare to get very creative, and dig into the far reaches of your experiences!   Answer Question

Access Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Went back and forth with a recruiter by email for a week or so to set up an interview. Never talked to them by phone. Finally set a date and went to the interview. I sat at a conference table for 20 minutes past the start time and 3 managers/directors finally came in. They had no idea what job I was applying for so I showed them a copy of the job description. They seemed very uninterested in being there with gazes out the window and yawns as if I was disturbing there nap time. Interview lasted about 17 minutes. We just went over my resume and they kept picking random things to ask me about from my resume that had little to do with the position. Lots of long pauses and stares at each other on what was next. Not one behavioral question was asked, which is what I mainly prepared for based off of other reviews. I'm pretty good at interviewing so I felt prepared. Didn't hear anything back and didn't expect too or really want to hear back after that experience. I don't think this is the norm for PHS so hopefully your experience will be better. I think PHS is a good company to work for; however, everything I have read points to lower than average pay unless you are upper management or a nurse with many years under you belt. No discussion about religion.

Interview Questions
    • None. Almost offered to buy them coffee to wake them up and get the party going.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in October 2014.

Was not bad, very pleasant and easy. They asked questions like any other companies would ask you. Ask you stuff about what you can work on and how to show team work etc

Customer Service/Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in September 2014.

Interview was casual with basic customer service questions. It was distracted to see the interviewers writing down my responses as I'm talking to them. Interview lasted an hour and the people are friendly.

Inventory Coordinator Interview

A panel interview of the most generic questions, the entire interview is based off of what you answer, not your experiences, work history, education or references. Each person on the panel asks you one question that they themselves were given to ask, not one that they came up with themselves. It is a very controlled environment and hard to succeed if you do not know anybody on the panel beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • All generic interview questions, i.e. have you ever had a problem with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Senior Business Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in August 2014.

i applied through linkedin. i was very surprised and pleased when i received a call from the hiring manager literally within the day. upon an intial phone screen and some emails we had the proverbial phone screen. i really wasnt too interested (i was about to hang up on him) until the he slyly mentioned the salary and then my ears perked up and he had my undivided attention! :) although i had already accepted an offer from my current employer, i still agreed for an onsite visit. the headquarters are beautiful and the office spaces are well designed. he met me in the lobby and invited me in. lets just say that the interview went extremely well. all the things you hear and read about were present. mirroring body language, agreeing with my answers, asking me when i could start, etc. he told me he was hiring for three positions and there were five candidates (including me) in the running. we wouldnt start until dec etc etc. he seemed incredibly honest and straight forward. in fact, at the end of the interview he asked me if i had his personal contact numbers to reach him if i had any questions. although it appeared to go well, i just had the gut feeling that things were not what they seemed.
    and my gut feeling was right.
    there is another entry on this site about a similar job, i believe a "six sigma/lean" position. this is the same job under a different moniker. and from reading that review, the gentleman is correct in his assesements. apparently they are/were extremely disorganized and chaotic. although my experience was just as bad only slightly different. and heres why...
    i followed the proverbial steps. i sent the follow up email. and i waited a week and followed up on his personal cell (remember, he told me to utilize it.) i heard nothing. nothing at all. based on the review i read, i thought maybe i would get a call or notification out of the blue, as he did mention he didnt plan on hiring until november. my girlfriend worked for a nonprofit before, and told me that they are a little different in their hiring processes. she told me to call him back as it has been at least a month to two months, and perhaps hes just busy.
    im glad i followed her advice.
    i called the hiring manager on his cell out of the blue and from a restricted line. he sounded very pleasently surprised to hear from me, and told me that they had hired for one position but were still interviewing for the last two and to call him back in a week to follow up. my thought at this time was that if i was a top contender i would have a job. but the tone and demeanor in his voice still had me wondering what his angle is/was.
    well, at 7:28 pm PST i received the rejection letter! what a piece of work! i mean, this guy sounded completely sincere. and as i said, the primary interview seemed incredibly positive. my advice to people who are applying to non-health related position is to beware. based on my review and other reviews, this company seems to be completely machvallian in its culture.
    oh by the way, they pray at meetings etc. so if you have an issue with prayer and nuns, this place is definitely not for you.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Providence Health & Services.

I received a phone interview that was followed up by an on site interview with a few people from the department. They asked pretty basic interview question then proceeded to get to know me a little better by asking about my past school and work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Describe when a patient became unruly and how you handled it   Answer Question
    didnt happen, I was offered a pay and took it

Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Providence Health & Services.

I initially applied and then heard nothing for months. I assumed they weren't interested. Out of the blue they contacted me after I already accepted a position elsewhere. I applied again some time later and the process went downhill from there. First, I had a phone screening interview, which went well. Then, an in-person group interview, which went ok, but apparently not. I was contacted a few days later and was encouraged to apply for a position that better fit my industry experience and was told I wouldn't be considered for the job I applied for. I re-applied for the new position and was interviewed again with a different group, which seemed to go well. I was asked back for another interview, but some of the influential decision makers never showed up. A follow up phone interview was scheduled and not all of the people showed up for that, and the ones that did weren't scheduled and they asked questions that didn't fit with how the first group described the job. The key hiring manager then went on vacation for a few weeks, and about a month after her return, a follow up in-person interview was scheduled. Two days after this I received a rejection call, which is ok- I would have turned it down at that point anyway based on the chaos during the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • "How comfortable are you with clinical language?"   View Answer
    • "Are you comfortable with praying or leading a prayer before each meeting?"   View Answer
    • "What is your experience with ITIL?"   Answer Question