Providence Health & Services

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.9

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Providence Health & Services.

The manager who contacted me was pleasant. The other nurse and provider were pretty rude and as soon as I left the room they were laughing. They made me feel extremely uncomfortable by looking down at me.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are pretty basic, explain the situation, what's your strength and weakness..etc.   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Providence Health & Services.

After discussions with recruiter, I had a round table interview with peers and hiring manager. They each asked questions and bounced ideas against each other during the interview. They made a decision to hire shortly after the interview. The interview gave good insight into the work environment.

no negotiations on initial offer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Providence Health & Services.

Initial interview is usually pleasant. They ask about 8 questions by 6 to 8 employees from current employees. Prospective employees should come to interview dress appropiately and be smiling during interview. Make sure to have a list of questions you wish to ask. Take bottle of water to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had a problem with authority at a job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Department they wanted me to move to was very unfriendly so I took time off to look for another job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services.

Screening by hiring manager. then panel interview with hiring manager and about 4 others where panel interview was virtual, some in same room, some on screen.
    Behavioral interviewing. They want situation, what you did, and outcome. They listen for that, they did ask follow up questions.
    About an hour long, and not enough time to have discussion in the panel or ask enough questions to help you know if you want to work with them.
    Thankfully I had a good discussion in phone screen with manager.

Interview Questions
    Made offer, I countered on salary and time off, they would not change in the time off. they did accept my counter on salary. Since annual raises are minimal, I took strategy to get highest salary in the beginning and did receive upper quartile pay.

Marketing Interview

The interview process was pretty painless. From the first phone call to start of orientation was only six weeks. I had a phone interview then was brought in for a face-to-face interviews with my potential manager and coworkers. The culture seemed great.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked basic interview questions about my background, why I was interested in the position and there were standard HR questions that had to be asked to every candidate.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services.

1st interview was a phone interview, which was great - one on one with the Manager - a week after I applied. Got called in for an in-person panel interview a week later. Panel interview was unorganized, awkward and uncomfortable - for the interviewers! It felt like it was the first interview they'd ever been a part of, which is shocking because they're Recruiters. After that interview I never heard back, not even an email. I have heard from other colleagues that they also went through multiple interviews, only to never hear back again.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were extremely specific behavioral interview questions. They were very specific to the role they are hiring for, and not the roles the candidate has previously filled. Prepare to get very creative, and dig into the far reaches of your experiences!   Answer Question

Access Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Went back and forth with a recruiter by email for a week or so to set up an interview. Never talked to them by phone. Finally set a date and went to the interview. I sat at a conference table for 20 minutes past the start time and 3 managers/directors finally came in. They had no idea what job I was applying for so I showed them a copy of the job description. They seemed very uninterested in being there with gazes out the window and yawns as if I was disturbing there nap time. Interview lasted about 17 minutes. We just went over my resume and they kept picking random things to ask me about from my resume that had little to do with the position. Lots of long pauses and stares at each other on what was next. Not one behavioral question was asked, which is what I mainly prepared for based off of other reviews. I'm pretty good at interviewing so I felt prepared. Didn't hear anything back and didn't expect too or really want to hear back after that experience. I don't think this is the norm for PHS so hopefully your experience will be better. I think PHS is a good company to work for; however, everything I have read points to lower than average pay unless you are upper management or a nurse with many years under you belt. No discussion about religion.

Interview Questions
    • None. Almost offered to buy them coffee to wake them up and get the party going.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in October 2014.

Was not bad, very pleasant and easy. They asked questions like any other companies would ask you. Ask you stuff about what you can work on and how to show team work etc

Customer Service/Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in September 2014.

Interview was casual with basic customer service questions. It was distracted to see the interviewers writing down my responses as I'm talking to them. Interview lasted an hour and the people are friendly.

Inventory Coordinator Interview

A panel interview of the most generic questions, the entire interview is based off of what you answer, not your experiences, work history, education or references. Each person on the panel asks you one question that they themselves were given to ask, not one that they came up with themselves. It is a very controlled environment and hard to succeed if you do not know anybody on the panel beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • All generic interview questions, i.e. have you ever had a problem with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   View Answer