Providence Health & Services Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Jul 10, 2015

3.2

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

Contacted by e-mail by unit manager. Arranged interview with her and then group interview with other staff nurses. Typing test administered at that time. Job offer the next day via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Select interview process is used. Other questions by staff nurses included some to assess critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate salary.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

Initial interview is usually pleasant. They ask about 8 questions by 6 to 8 employees from current employees. Prospective employees should come to interview dress appropiately and be smiling during interview. Make sure to have a list of questions you wish to ask. Take bottle of water to interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a problem with authority at a job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Department they wanted me to move to was very unfriendly so I took time off to look for another job.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in October 2010.

Interview

Common practice interview... HR is slow, however once you get past HR you round with interview panel rapidly. Overall, you end up answering common industry questions such as "tell me about a time where you failed." You round with manager, interview with service line director and then progress to panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, "Tell me about a time where you failed yourself and a client?" Seemed like a get you question   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not very detailed... They have a cap, and typically like to start you just shy of mid-range.

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview was low stress and not overly formal. It felt like a natural give-and-take conversation and did not include any difficult or "got-cha" questions. The interviewer, who had a calm demeanor, asked about my background and interests and then described the job duties and schedule. The location (hospital common space) and format of the interview put me at ease and allowed me to field the questions in a relaxed manner.

Inbound Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 supervisors, each took turns asking questions. Mostly questions about your experience and how you handle situations. The interview was about 20-30 minutes total. Interview/work attire is business casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for more pay due to my experience.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Was not bad, very pleasant and easy. They asked questions like any other companies would ask you. Ask you stuff about what you can work on and how to show team work etc

Customer Service/Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was casual with basic customer service questions. It was distracted to see the interviewers writing down my responses as I'm talking to them. Interview lasted an hour and the people are friendly.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone screen with Recruiter, in person interview with hiring manager/s. Discuss the scope of the position as well as work experience and how that fits with position you are applying for.

AR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a two person interview that lasted appx twenty minutes and was positive and engaging. The questions were moderately challenging and gave a chance to highlight skills. The people interviewing were friendly.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a difference of opinion or disagreement with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied, was emailed by manager, set up time to interview, was interviewed by four people, two similar level people and two managers, went around the table each asking questions and occasional further questioning, many based on scenarios, what would I do if this happened? How do you get along with co-workers etc

Interview Questions

• How do I get to know co-workers? What have I done with most difficult patient? Who was the best patient?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate