Providence Health & Services

3.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Providence Health & Services.

Contacted by e-mail by unit manager. Arranged interview with her and then group interview with other staff nurses. Typing test administered at that time. Job offer the next day via e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Select interview process is used. Other questions by staff nurses included some to assess critical thinking skills.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate salary.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Providence Health & Services.

Initial interview is usually pleasant. They ask about 8 questions by 6 to 8 employees from current employees. Prospective employees should come to interview dress appropiately and be smiling during interview. Make sure to have a list of questions you wish to ask. Take bottle of water to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had a problem with authority at a job and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Department they wanted me to move to was very unfriendly so I took time off to look for another job.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Providence Health & Services in October 2010.

Common practice interview... HR is slow, however once you get past HR you round with interview panel rapidly. Overall, you end up answering common industry questions such as "tell me about a time where you failed." You round with manager, interview with service line director and then progress to panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, "Tell me about a time where you failed yourself and a client?" Seemed like a get you question   View Answer
    Not very detailed... They have a cap, and typically like to start you just shy of mid-range.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in October 2014.

Was not bad, very pleasant and easy. They asked questions like any other companies would ask you. Ask you stuff about what you can work on and how to show team work etc

Customer Service/Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in September 2014.

Interview was casual with basic customer service questions. It was distracted to see the interviewers writing down my responses as I'm talking to them. Interview lasted an hour and the people are friendly.

Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

interviewed at Providence Health & Services in February 2013.

Group interview with supervisor and peers.

Interview Questions
    • What did I do with a patient that was beyond expectations for my position?   View Answer

Data Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in June 2010.

I received a call to schedule a phone screen. Basic questions just going over your resume and specific experience. Then I was asked to come in for an interview. This was with the manager of the department and a high ranking Analyst, it took me about 1hr 45mins to complete the interview w/ Q&A. I was told it would take about 3 week to figure out if there would be a job offer or another interview with the director, but less than a week and I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    They called me and offered me the job, and said HR would be in touch with me with the next steps. I did not negotiate because it was more than I thought I would make and what other pay sites said I was worth based on my experience

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in January 2010.

Phone intereeview followed by panel interview. Pre difined questions not related to work just to measure fir in work envirbnment.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in June 2013.

Got a call from the hiring manager two days after submitting application. Interviewed two days later. The interview was entirely behavioral. All of the questions are based on past experiences. The hiring manager told me about the interview style during our initial phone conversation, so I was more than prepared. The questions were job specific, but I believe they use the behavioral style of interview throughout the company. An example question might be: "Talk about an experience where you've dealt with conflict in the work place and how you responded". I received an offer from a recruiter within a week and began the on-boarding process. The hiring manager remained in contact throughout the entire process. The background checks, drug test, health screen, etc takes at least a couple of weeks following an official offer.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were with the recruiter, which made it less awkward than negotiating with the supervisor. The recruiter made an offer, I asked for more than I was actually expecting to get, but they met me above the middle mark, which was a nice surprise.

Clinical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Providence Health & Services in February 2010.

Started off with an initial phone call with the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was informal and consisted of 4 people who asked a battery of questions about work experience, career goals, and a general explanation of the position. After the phone interview, waited about two weeks before being invited for a 10+ person panel interview. The day before the interview, I was introduced to the IT team and sat in a steering like committee. Everyone was very pleasant and nice. The panel interview was very formal and everyone had a packet of behavioral and situational questions. This was very difficult but I was given as much time to think and answer the questions. At the end of the formal questions, it was an open session for everyone to ask their own questions. Overall, the interview went well but I do have to emphasize it was a little nerving. The work environments (hospitals) seemed pleasant but office space was lacking. Job position that was offered had lots of opportunity to learn various programming languages, improve on current systems, build database, build new relationships with clinical departments, and so forth. People are very nice. Programs/languages/systems: Centricity, McKesson, HTML, JAVA, UNIX, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you resolve any issues.   Answer Question