Providence Hospital

2.4

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Providence Hospital in August 2014.

Application was online. Interview was arranged by a recruiter and conducted by two managers. Interview was less than 30 minutes. Hiring process has been delayed, perhaps due to holiday. Two of the four positions have been filled, the rest of us are still waiting to hear. If this is your first interview since graduation, and you really want a position here, I suggest getting some interviews for some jobs that you don't want as much so that you can get some practice in before the real deal.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: Tell me about a conflict with a colleague, how you handled it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Clinical Educator/Simulation Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Providence Hospital in January 2012.

There were at least 8 persons asking questions. The setting was informal and I felt comfortable going into the interview. We discussed what my position would entail and how my past experiences could enhance the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "How will you cope in the education field when you have so much experience in a high "adrenaline" type environment?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Providence Hospital.

Hiring took 3 weeks, interview very easy

negotiation phase was about 2 days

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Providence Hospital in March 2011.

I was called by hiring manager and few questions about my availability, interest on job, background. Scheduled inperson interview. Inperson interview started in time, very courtesious, well organized, suddenly requested me to meet with team of employees as if courtesy call, but it turned out to be "Interviewed by employees of Group" in behavioral, managerial, communication, alertness etc They just followed handouts to ask questions.

Interview hapened to be lunch hour, they didnt offer lunch or travel expenses as I was out of state candidate travelled by car for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your background   View Answer
    • All our employees pray before every meeting, are you comfortable with it?   View Answer

Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Providence Hospital in May 2011.

Submitting online, called for interview on a Thursday, interview took place on the following Tuesday. Interview was done by interviewer (department manager) reading an interview script then writing my responses word for word. Basic interview questions/behavioral & situational/how my experience & training related to position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement or misunderstanding with a supervisor or co-worker. What was the situation, was it resolved and if so, how?   Answer Question

Senior Human Resoureces Manager Interview

Initial interview by healthcare recruiter. 2nd interview by department manager. If manager interested in candidate HR does background check, references, education verification, experience vertiication. etc.

Interview Questions
    Offer was non-negotiable take it or leave it

Medicical Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Providence Hospital in June 2011.

The manager of the department called me asking if the HR has arranged an interview date. I told them no, so she went ahead and scheduled a direct interview with her. The day of my interview, HR called me and told me that they were supposed to see me before the manager. Luckily I was able to meet with HR right after my interview. The HR interview was short, asked me questions like what is my biggest motivation and what am I most proud of. I was given a packet of my job description, benefit information and other pamphlets that I thought was unnecessary if someone was not given a position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand that if you make a mistake, you could kill someone?   Answer Question
    When called for offer of employment, I was told my salary. I asked if there was room for negotiating, and was told yes. So I asked for $2 more and she said no, because I have no experience, but she was going to see if I could get an additional $1. I didn't like how she said there was room for negotiating when it really wasn't. The manager told me during my first interview that they didn't pay very much, so I was expecting a low rate. This position is a great stepping stone so I knew that I was going to accept it regardless of pay.

I'm a recent grad, in fact I'm not completely done with my degree program, so I knew that my pay was going to be low, but it doesn't hurt to negotiate. The worst thing that they could happen is that they can tell you no.

Dietary Aide Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Providence Hospital in August 2008.

Basically they just called me up! Asked if I wanted the job. I accepted. I met with the lady the next day. Had a 1 on 1 interview and went to orientation within that week and started the very next day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Providence Hospital? Contribute to the Community!