Providence Hospital

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Medicical Technologist Interview

Medicical Technologist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Providence Hospital in June 2011.

Interview Details – The manager of the department called me asking if the HR has arranged an interview date. I told them no, so she went ahead and scheduled a direct interview with her. The day of my interview, HR called me and told me that they were supposed to see me before the manager. Luckily I was able to meet with HR right after my interview. The HR interview was short, asked me questions like what is my biggest motivation and what am I most proud of. I was given a packet of my job description, benefit information and other pamphlets that I thought was unnecessary if someone was not given a position.

Interview Question – Do you understand that if you make a mistake, you could kill someone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When called for offer of employment, I was told my salary. I asked if there was room for negotiating, and was told yes. So I asked for $2 more and she said no, because I have no experience, but she was going to see if I could get an additional $1. I didn't like how she said there was room for negotiating when it really wasn't. The manager told me during my first interview that they didn't pay very much, so I was expecting a low rate. This position is a great stepping stone so I knew that I was going to accept it regardless of pay.

I'm a recent grad, in fact I'm not completely done with my degree program, so I knew that my pay was going to be low, but it doesn't hurt to negotiate. The worst thing that they could happen is that they can tell you no.

Worked for Providence Hospital? Contribute to the Community!