Providence Hospital

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Medicical Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Providence Hospital in June 2011.

The manager of the department called me asking if the HR has arranged an interview date. I told them no, so she went ahead and scheduled a direct interview with her. The day of my interview, HR called me and told me that they were supposed to see me before the manager. Luckily I was able to meet with HR right after my interview. The HR interview was short, asked me questions like what is my biggest motivation and what am I most proud of. I was given a packet of my job description, benefit information and other pamphlets that I thought was unnecessary if someone was not given a position.

Interview Questions
  • Do you understand that if you make a mistake, you could kill someone?   Answer Question
When called for offer of employment, I was told my salary. I asked if there was room for negotiating, and was told yes. So I asked for $2 more and she said no, because I have no experience, but she was going to see if I could get an additional $1. I didn't like how she said there was room for negotiating when it really wasn't. The manager told me during my first interview that they didn't pay very much, so I was expecting a low rate. This position is a great stepping stone so I knew that I was going to accept it regardless of pay.

I'm a recent grad, in fact I'm not completely done with my degree program, so I knew that my pay was going to be low, but it doesn't hurt to negotiate. The worst thing that they could happen is that they can tell you no.