Provident Funding

Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.5

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Provident Funding.

First is the phone screen. Make sure you have your resume in front of you when you do this as they will look to point out inconsistencies and punch holes in your resume. Next is the in person interview with a lead or manager. They will ask you a set list of open ended questions. Answers should be honest, not too damaging if you go the honest route and make sense. A second in person interview is to tie up any loose ends, if they call you in for a 2nd interview, it is more of a chance for you to put your foot in your mouth and lose the job than it is to win the job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to be nice to someone when you did not want to be   Answer Question
No negotiation, they have a set price they are willing to give you depending on the state in which you are hired. if having a difficult time filling a certain area, ie bay area, they will bump up the base to try and attract talent

Other Interview Reviews for Provident Funding

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Provident Funding.

2 Interviews. The interviewer asked behavioral questions in both. If you get the second interview you pretty much get the job.

Wasn't interested in the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Provident Funding.

1. Initial phone call- short interview
    2. Office interview
    3. 2nd interview- usually they make a decision after the 2nd interview

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions
      i.e. how do you organize yourself?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Provident Funding.

Applied online through my school job board and shortly received a call from an individual in HR. We had a fairly standard conversation where I went through my resume and he explained details for the position. We then set up an in-office interview where I answered behavioral questions and situational questions. The office was bare with white walls and cubicles.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you faced adversity and were forced to prioritize tasks. What did you do and why?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Work environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Provident Funding.

Initial basic phone interview, then invited to a 1 on 1 interview. Phone interview was very general with questions like: "tell me about yourself". The 1 on 1 interview was fairly easy with questions such as: "what are your strengths, weaknesses?", "what is a challenge that you had to overcome in your life?".

Interview Questions
    • No technical or case questions. All questions were expected, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Provident Funding.

At first, I got a phone call regarding my resume. It was basically a phone-screen interview. After a 30 minute conversation, the interviewer went over details about the position and the and offered me an interview with the branch manager.
    At the on-site interview, the branch manager also put me on the phone with the district manger. The branch manager asked basic behavioral questions and some regarding my resume. Both of them seemed professional.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the philosophy of the company differ from that of you?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Provident Funding.

I had a phone interview a few weeks after I applied on my university's job site. At the end of the phone interview I was invited in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the branch manager and district manager and was pretty standard fit questions. They told me about the job and the company. A week or so after I was invited back for round 2. In my second interview I met with the the branch manager and one employee and I was allowed to ask anything I wanted about the job. At the end of the interview they hinted that I would be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too irregular. The 10 page application was a bit tedious.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Provident Funding in April 2013.

I had a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes where I pretty much just ran through my resume. I then received a call, literally ten minutes later from the phone interviewer, to schedule a face-to-face interview. They then sent me a ten page application to fill out which included personal information, and questions such as why do you want to work for Provident Funding.

On the day of my interview they called two hours before my scheduled interview and wanted to rescheduled for an hour later. Due to traffic, weather conditions, and road construction I was 3 mintues late to the interview. One of the branch managers brought me in the interviewing room and said it is company policy that if you are late you are automatically out of the running for the position. I told him if this is how you run your company I am not interested in a position, and proceeded to leave.

Interview Questions
    • If this is how you treat your candidates I wonder how the actual job is.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Provident Funding in April 2013.

I sent my resume to their careers email address. After about a month, I randomly got a call from an HR rep late in the afternoon asking if I had time to speak about the position... at that moment. I said yes and had about a 5 minute phone interview. Why the mortgage industry? Why did I choose my particular major? Then he asked what location/city would be most desirable for me. I told him Atlanta, and he said the only position available there was a Credit Analyst position. He said he'd send the job description and more info, and set up an interview for a week later. The job description turned out to be extremely vague and even after interviewing with the company and asking questions, I'm not totally sure if the position is what I would call "Credit Analyst."

I received a phone call on the day of the interview from a woman from the local office saying the Branch Manager was out with the flu. Probably would not have been a big problem if I hadn't driven up to the city the night before because it's a 4 hour drive from my university to the office AND if I hadn't confirmed the interview with the manager the day before. Either way though, since there is one additional interview step after this particular one, I felt there should've been someone who could fill in (e.g. another branch manger or second in command) and interview me and the other candidates scheduled for the day.

Anyways, we rescheduled the interview for the following Tuesday. I made sure not to make the mistake of driving up the night before again. The office is in the middle of Buckhead (but some reason they call it Duluth) tucked in a hole. The parking garage is tight and scary. I would be afraid to work after hours from fear of being mugged there. When I entered the office, I noticed that there was no receptionist and the office was oddly silent. I turned the corner and saw employees working at their prospective cubicles. They all looked up at me, then continued working. Eventually the same woman who had rescheduled the interview greeted me and offered me a seat at the front. She informed me that the branch manager was still in an interview with another candidate.

Skipping to the interview, the branch manager was suprisingly chatty . I thought I had a good shot at getting the job, but didn't receive the offer. This company has LOADS of negative reviews on this website and from my experience, they probably are all accurate. This office, just so happens to have a seemingly personable branch manager. But I still encourage anyone who needs a position to apply and interview. Who knows, you may like the environment even though I found the silence extremely awkward. But if you have other promising offers on the table and get a call from PF for an interview, I encourage you to not waste your time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Questions like Greatest Strength/Weakness, Name a time when you made a mistake, how do you prioritize. I made a list of questions from all the other PF interview questions and prepared answers. Every question he asked was one from that list.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Provident Funding.

The person called me a day after I submitted my application but did not schedule a phone interview first.

Questions:
    -Asked about my two most recent experiences.
    -Asked about my GPA