Provident Funding

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Provident Funding.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews. The interviewer asked behavioral questions in both. If you get the second interview you pretty much get the job.

Reason for Declining – Wasn't interested in the work.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Provident Funding.

Interview Details – 1. Initial phone call- short interview
2. Office interview
3. 2nd interview- usually they make a decision after the 2nd interview

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions
i.e. how do you organize yourself?
  Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Provident Funding.

Interview Details – Applied online through my school job board and shortly received a call from an individual in HR. We had a fairly standard conversation where I went through my resume and he explained details for the position. We then set up an in-office interview where I answered behavioral questions and situational questions. The office was bare with white walls and cubicles.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Work environment

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Provident Funding in April 2013.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to their careers email address. After about a month, I randomly got a call from an HR rep late in the afternoon asking if I had time to speak about the position... at that moment. I said yes and had about a 5 minute phone interview. Why the mortgage industry? Why did I choose my particular major? Then he asked what location/city would be most desirable for me. I told him Atlanta, and he said the only position available there was a Credit Analyst position. He said he'd send the job description and more info, and set up an interview for a week later. The job description turned out to be extremely vague and even after interviewing with the company and asking questions, I'm not totally sure if the position is what I would call "Credit Analyst."

I received a phone call on the day of the interview from a woman from the local office saying the Branch Manager was out with the flu. Probably would not have been a big problem if I hadn't driven up to the city the night before because it's a 4 hour drive from my university to the office AND if I hadn't confirmed the interview with the manager the day before. Either way though, since there is one additional interview step after this particular one, I felt there should've been someone who could fill in (e.g. another branch manger or second in command) and interview me and the other candidates scheduled for the day.

Anyways, we rescheduled the interview for the following Tuesday. I made sure not to make the mistake of driving up the night before again. The office is in the middle of Buckhead (but some reason they call it Duluth) tucked in a hole. The parking garage is tight and scary. I would be afraid to work after hours from fear of being mugged there. When I entered the office, I noticed that there was no receptionist and the office was oddly silent. I turned the corner and saw employees working at their prospective cubicles. They all looked up at me, then continued working. Eventually the same woman who had rescheduled the interview greeted me and offered me a seat at the front. She informed me that the branch manager was still in an interview with another candidate.

Skipping to the interview, the branch manager was suprisingly chatty . I thought I had a good shot at getting the job, but didn't receive the offer. This company has LOADS of negative reviews on this website and from my experience, they probably are all accurate. This office, just so happens to have a seemingly personable branch manager. But I still encourage anyone who needs a position to apply and interview. Who knows, you may like the environment even though I found the silence extremely awkward. But if you have other promising offers on the table and get a call from PF for an interview, I encourage you to not waste your time.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Questions like Greatest Strength/Weakness, Name a time when you made a mistake, how do you prioritize. I made a list of questions from all the other PF interview questions and prepared answers. Every question he asked was one from that list.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Provident Funding.

Interview Details – Initial basic phone interview, then invited to a 1 on 1 interview. Phone interview was very general with questions like: "tell me about yourself". The 1 on 1 interview was fairly easy with questions such as: "what are your strengths, weaknesses?", "what is a challenge that you had to overcome in your life?".

Interview Question – No technical or case questions. All questions were expected, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Provident Funding.

Interview Details – At first, I got a phone call regarding my resume. It was basically a phone-screen interview. After a 30 minute conversation, the interviewer went over details about the position and the and offered me an interview with the branch manager.
At the on-site interview, the branch manager also put me on the phone with the district manger. The branch manager asked basic behavioral questions and some regarding my resume. Both of them seemed professional.

Interview Question – What would you do if the philosophy of the company differ from that of you?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Provident Funding in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes where I pretty much just ran through my resume. I then received a call, literally ten minutes later from the phone interviewer, to schedule a face-to-face interview. They then sent me a ten page application to fill out which included personal information, and questions such as why do you want to work for Provident Funding.

On the day of my interview they called two hours before my scheduled interview and wanted to rescheduled for an hour later. Due to traffic, weather conditions, and road construction I was 3 mintues late to the interview. One of the branch managers brought me in the interviewing room and said it is company policy that if you are late you are automatically out of the running for the position. I told him if this is how you run your company I am not interested in a position, and proceeded to leave.

Interview Question – If this is how you treat your candidates I wonder how the actual job is.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Provident Funding.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview a few weeks after I applied on my university's job site. At the end of the phone interview I was invited in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the branch manager and district manager and was pretty standard fit questions. They told me about the job and the company. A week or so after I was invited back for round 2. In my second interview I met with the the branch manager and one employee and I was allowed to ask anything I wanted about the job. At the end of the interview they hinted that I would be offered a job.

Interview Question – Nothing too irregular. The 10 page application was a bit tedious.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary

San Bruno, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Provident Funding in November 2011.

Interview Details – PF usually hires directly from college, so you may be able to find their ads on a college employment listing.

Your resume will usually be reviewed by HR. If they like you, you will be contacted by phone and a one on one interview will be set up. Then you will be directed to print out the application from the Provident Funding website.

**Be sure to bring your application and resume to the interview!

One on one interview with the lead. If he/she likes you, you should receive a call back for a second interview. This particular step has changed over the years, but sometimes you'll be called back for a second interview and sometimes you'll get called back to be offered the job.

Interview Question – If you knew your co-worker was behaving unethically, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Credit Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Provident Funding.

Interview Details – The person called me a day after I submitted my application but did not schedule a phone interview first.

Questions:
-Asked about my two most recent experiences.
-Asked about my GPA
-Asked where I see myself/what kind of job I want

Interviews for Top Jobs at Provident Funding

Worked for Provident Funding? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Provident Funding Credit Analyst interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Provident Funding employees and interview candidates.