Provident Funding

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.2

Servicing Analyst Interview

Call from a 1800 number for interview. Total of 2 interviews with the same person. Relaxed and casual. They follow up pretty quickly. Got an offer within a few days.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Provident Funding.

First is the phone screen. Make sure you have your resume in front of you when you do this as they will look to point out inconsistencies and punch holes in your resume. Next is the in person interview with a lead or manager. They will ask you a set list of open ended questions. Answers should be honest, not too damaging if you go the honest route and make sense. A second in person interview is to tie up any loose ends, if they call you in for a 2nd interview, it is more of a chance for you to put your foot in your mouth and lose the job than it is to win the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to be nice to someone when you did not want to be   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they have a set price they are willing to give you depending on the state in which you are hired. if having a difficult time filling a certain area, ie bay area, they will bump up the base to try and attract talent

Production Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Provident Funding.

Pretty simple, just went in and did the same old same old. Honestly, you don't have to be brilliant to get the interview or pass it. Just say the normal stuff, hard worker, love people, can handle stress.

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Provident Funding.

2 Interviews. The interviewer asked behavioral questions in both. If you get the second interview you pretty much get the job.

Wasn't interested in the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Provident Funding.

1. Initial phone call- short interview
    2. Office interview
    3. 2nd interview- usually they make a decision after the 2nd interview

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions
      i.e. how do you organize yourself?

Answer Question

Mortgage Closer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Provident Funding.

Initial callback to verify resume information and set appointment; 1st interview I felt was more focused on me the candidate; 2nd more focused on the job expectations.

Best preparation, I think, is to have stories of your real-life experiences ready fitting certain common scenarios (conflict resolution or teamwork, dealing with failure, self-motivation or goal-setting, etc).

Interview Questions
    • Questions are rather straightforward, interviewer is not looking for hidden psychological clues or deconstructed problem solving.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Provident Funding.

Applied online through my school job board and shortly received a call from an individual in HR. We had a fairly standard conversation where I went through my resume and he explained details for the position. We then set up an in-office interview where I answered behavioral questions and situational questions. The office was bare with white walls and cubicles.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you faced adversity and were forced to prioritize tasks. What did you do and why?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Work environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Provident Funding.

Initial basic phone interview, then invited to a 1 on 1 interview. Phone interview was very general with questions like: "tell me about yourself". The 1 on 1 interview was fairly easy with questions such as: "what are your strengths, weaknesses?", "what is a challenge that you had to overcome in your life?".

Interview Questions
    • No technical or case questions. All questions were expected, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Provident Funding.

At first, I got a phone call regarding my resume. It was basically a phone-screen interview. After a 30 minute conversation, the interviewer went over details about the position and the and offered me an interview with the branch manager.
    At the on-site interview, the branch manager also put me on the phone with the district manger. The branch manager asked basic behavioral questions and some regarding my resume. Both of them seemed professional.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the philosophy of the company differ from that of you?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Provident Funding.

I had a phone interview a few weeks after I applied on my university's job site. At the end of the phone interview I was invited in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the branch manager and district manager and was pretty standard fit questions. They told me about the job and the company. A week or so after I was invited back for round 2. In my second interview I met with the the branch manager and one employee and I was allowed to ask anything I wanted about the job. At the end of the interview they hinted that I would be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too irregular. The 10 page application was a bit tedious.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary