Provincial Health Services Authority

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Director Interview

Clinical Director
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Provincial Health Services Authority.

Interview Details – Two panel interviews, each one hour in length. The first panel had four executives and the second panel had four, however two of them were different. After a job offer, there is an invite to come and work in the office for a day and meet the entire team and understand the office dynamics.

Interview Question – All questions were expected, however they were asked in a distracting manner.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not negotiation. The make an offer and tel you what your salary is, the salary band has a range.

Very Difficult Interview

Leader, Patient Safety Interview

Leader, Patient Safety

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Provincial Health Services Authority.

Interview Details – There were three interviews, each one was more intense. All three interviews are panel interviews and each panel member asked several questions. One panel was at least 2 hours in length.

Interview Question – A lot of questions around business cases and whether or not you have worked on one - and if so what was your contribution and how was it received. All questions are multi -faceted.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation - if they offer they then tell you what wage and benefits you will receive.

Support Staff Interview

Support Staff
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Provincial Health Services Authority.

Interview Details – I did two interviews, they mostly talked about past experience and did a data entry testing and typing test.

Interview Question – Asked a lot about ability to handle stress and how to deal with conflict and ability to multi-task.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Provincial Health Services Authority in April 2012.

Interview Details – Excellent panel interview where I was promised the moon. You may have a similar experience while being interviewed, tip - get it in writing.

Interview Question – All the questions were expected - tip - read up about the department that you are interviewing with. I read up a lot about C&W Redevelopment before my interview and was fine.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Provincial Health Services Authority.

Interview Details – One interview. Scenario questions. Be prepared to be asked how to deal with clients like Medical Doctors, Dentists, and so on.

Interview Question – Questions regarding your "care" for health care.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth; Resonable

Very Easy Interview

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Provincial Health Services Authority.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume to a recruiter and was hired over the phone.

Interview Question – It was a phone interview asking if I was available and able   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not given any negotiations.

Quality Analyst Interview

Quality Analyst
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Provincial Health Services Authority.

Interview Details – 1 interview

Interview Question – questions were standard behavioural interview questions as one would expect   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation for salary or benefits

Project Coordinator

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Provincial Health Services Authority.

Interview Details – The majority of interviews are from within the company and the best way to get an interview is to join the temporary pool and then apply to internal postings.
Many temporary workers are eventually made permanent without interview.
If you do go to an interview, it is a board style interview with at least three people on the panel.

Interview Question – As a project coordinator the interview questions are not surprising or difficult, it depends on the department you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Transcription Interview

Transcription
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Provincial Health Services Authority.

Interview Details – Applied for jobs through internal processes. Testing was done in their main clerical office and consisted of a typing test for speed and accuracy. you were given three tries to meet the minimum words per minute (60). My first go at it was 100% accuracy and 82 words per minute so they waived the other two tries. Then I answered a multiple choice test on prefixes and suffixes of medical terms. Third phase was a basic grammar test consisting of where the quotation mark would go in (two weeks' time, one week's duration). After the testing had been done, it was evaluated and then you were brought into their office for the results and whether or not you were hired, when/if you started and what shifts you preferred.

Interview Question – Asking what I did in my social life was a bit surprising. Did not understand why they needed to know what hobbies I had as it was not relevant to the work I was applying for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – unable to negotiate anything other than hours/shift preferred. there was an information package they gave me with the basic questions answered, forms to fill out for medical, union, insurance, criminal records check, etc.

Worked for Provincial Health Services Authority? Contribute to the Community!