Prudential

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Examiner Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – I applied online. I received a call by a recruiter. Scheduled an interview for a week later. The interview was done by 2 senior administrative personel within the department. The interview was your average interview. They asked jobe related situational questions. Personality questions and also gave me a general math test. I received a call 2 weeks later from HR making an offer. The starting salary was $35,000 per year.

Interview Question – All questions were fair and your averega interview questions such as strengths and waeknesses.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner

I applied online and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – 1 interview by 2 people. 1 person at a time.

Interview Question – all of the questions were the basic and typical interview questions. No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Roseland, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Prudential in December 2012.

Interview Details – had 4 interviews in 2 months. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Interview with person on skype. I didn't know if the camera was on at one point. I was nervous enough without adding cameras to it   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Roseland, NJ

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in May 2012.

Interview Details – Started with a group interview and then later the cadidates split up and were interviewed by different people. Very hard to evaulate a candidate when they were interviewed by diffrerent people.

Interview Question – Past work experience and how it related to the job   Answer Question

Dresher, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential in May 2011.

Interview Details – After applying on-line, I received a phone call from a Prudential HR representative within an hour. They only asked me a few basic questions on how I'd describe myself. An interview followed two weeks later. Two weeks after the interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer or situation in your previous positions?   Answer Question
  • What kind of quota and/or feedback did you recieve regarding your work in your previous position? Also, how did you improve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation being that this was an entry level position.

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – First question was self introduction, following a series of questions related to my experience mentioned in the introduction. Most of the questions are about the previous job duties and the difficulties. And when the interview was about to end, the interviewer ask me some behavioral type questions. The whole interview lasted for around 1 hour.

Interview Question – How you deal with the difficulties in your job.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call about 3 weeks later from a recruiter. She was very friendly and explained the position to me and asked if I was interested. I said yes, and she scheduled me for an interview about 2 weeks later. When I arrived for the interview, there were about 6 other people interviewing for the same position, which made me nervous even though I was told there was more than one open position. We were called in one by one and interviewed by 2 members of HR at the same time. Both were very nice, they first asked me about my resume and past experiences, then asked 4-5 behavioral questions. After, I was led back to the conference room where I was given a written assessment to complete. It was fairly simple; just given a scenario and asked some questions about it. After, I was interviewed by another member of HR. She also asked me a few behavioral questions, and concluded by saying they had another day of interviews and would be making a decision within the next few weeks. One week later, I got a call from the recruiter with an offer.

Overall, the process lasted about an hour and a half and was very organized and straightforward. I liked that they did both of the interviews and the writing assessment all at once rather than calling and having you come back for a second interview. The people were all very friendly and professional and made me feel comfortable there.

Interview Question – Questions were not really difficult or unexpected, just your typical "Tell me about a time when you ______" interview questions. There weren't any questions that I had not already seen in interviews before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were straightforward from the beginning with what the salary would be, however I did not bother trying to negotiate because this is basically my first job and I was happy to even get it at all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Prudential

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Prudential Claims Examiner interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Prudential employees and interview candidates.