Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is kind of a joke. If you're presentable and literate they will hire you (as long as you get your state license and pass the aptitude tests). The best thing to do is to try to get on the team of a high-ranking associate. Once you get your sea legs, you can go out on your own.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. Everyone starts at the same fee structure and then as you hit certain annual sales marks you can negotiate for a higher percentage of your fees.

Licensed Agent Interview

Licensed Agent
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate.

Interview Details – Elliman's recruiter was pursuing me for a while and I met with a manager who was a little arrogant while trying to come off as self-assured. But still the company was interesting, and coming from a much smaller firm, I enjoyed the corporate setting and the interview process. At the same time of course it was a little intimidating, which I'm not sure was the intention, but that's how I felt.

Interview Question – Why have you decided against taking a position with (a high-payout brokerage in Manhattan)?   Answer Question

Licensed Real Estate Salesperson Interview

Licensed Real Estate Salesperson

Interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate

Interview Details – Hiring was very seamless, applied online and got contacted within weeks. Interviewed with multi offices and selected office that fit my needs. Both managers were great and had a lot of Real Estate experience.

Interview Question – Am I okay with sharing a desk until I gross over 100k.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate.

Interview Details – Was brought in to interview with specific team at Elliman. Met with associate broker individually, went over past sales record and potential client base.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table that we do not already have?   Answer Question

Sales Team Manager Interview

Sales Team Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate in February 2011.

Interview Details – Company posted position online asking that prospective employees call and leave a message for why they'd be a good fit and why they should call you back - they emailed me asking to come in for an interview. Office was outdated, very small office space. Broker had not reviewed my resume prior and was not paying attention to what I was telling her regarding my experience. Interview was cut short, met some other team members, not a fan of the team dynamic.

Interview Question – What mechanisms did you use to motivate your employees?   View Answer

Interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate

Interview Details – Must know someone to get in as new agent at the top offices.

Worked for Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate? Contribute to the Community!