Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate

Licensed Real Estate Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate in January 2011.

I knew a couple of agents who worked with this firm so, through networking, I was able to schedule an interview on short notice. Manager was "all business", but welcoming. The usual questions, regarding my commission history, reason for wanting to leave my current firm, and whether I got along with my colleagues. Showed me the substantial office equipment, promotional materials, website, and other advantages of affiliation with this major brand. I was coming from a smaller firm, so I was looking for a more sophisticated situation.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was several years ago, during a severe downturn in the RE market. I was warned that just about all agents were struggling. I was asked if I had the financial resources to to survive until the market turned around. I appreciated his honesty.   Answer Question

Just a gut reaction. I chose another major firm where I felt that there was more camaraderie.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate in February 2010.

The interview is kind of a joke. If you're presentable and literate they will hire you (as long as you get your state license and pass the aptitude tests). The best thing to do is to try to get on the team of a high-ranking associate. Once you get your sea legs, you can go out on your own.

There is no negotiation phase. Everyone starts at the same fee structure and then as you hit certain annual sales marks you can negotiate for a higher percentage of your fees.

Licensed Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate.

Elliman's recruiter was pursuing me for a while and I met with a manager who was a little arrogant while trying to come off as self-assured. But still the company was interesting, and coming from a much smaller firm, I enjoyed the corporate setting and the interview process. At the same time of course it was a little intimidating, which I'm not sure was the intention, but that's how I felt.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you decided against taking a position with (a high-payout brokerage in Manhattan)?   Answer Question

Licensed Real Estate Salesperson Interview

Hiring was very seamless, applied online and got contacted within weeks. Interviewed with multi offices and selected office that fit my needs. Both managers were great and had a lot of Real Estate experience.

Interview Questions
    • Am I okay with sharing a desk until I gross over 100k.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate.

Was brought in to interview with specific team at Elliman. Met with associate broker individually, went over past sales record and potential client base.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the table that we do not already have?   Answer Question

Sales Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate in February 2011.

Company posted position online asking that prospective employees call and leave a message for why they'd be a good fit and why they should call you back - they emailed me asking to come in for an interview. Office was outdated, very small office space. Broker had not reviewed my resume prior and was not paying attention to what I was telling her regarding my experience. Interview was cut short, met some other team members, not a fan of the team dynamic.

Interview Questions
    • What mechanisms did you use to motivate your employees?   View Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Must know someone to get in as new agent at the top offices.

Worked for Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate? Contribute to the Community!