Prudential Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my friend who works there. 3 weeks later I got an email to schedule an interview. Good but intense interview with 4 people. Did not hear back until 2 weeks later to schedule another interview. Went very well and got an email 2 days later to take this assessment test. It was tough one. I think I failed it, because after that they went mum on numbers of my follow up emails..... it has been 2 weeks already.

Interview Questions

• Many accounting questions. Hot to treat accrual, revenue, depreciation etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

They hired through my college career website. I received a response that week. They asked very straightforward questions about your background and why you are interesting in the position. During the first round they asked you to choose five adjectives to describe yourself. In the second round they told you more about the position and asked why you are interested.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. They asked questions to make sure you were committed enough to bring in your own clients.   Answer Question

Commission based and I did not want to bring in a list of 200 of my own clients.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

-It was very straightforward and understood. They are up front with you and give you feedback, it is very relaxed as a matter of fact. The leadership there is good. It is usually just you and 2-3 of the managers/supervisors they are very professional throughout the entire process. I worked there before and when interviewing again you can how the culture is understood across the regional offices.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through school career website and had on-campus interview after about a month. It took me only 2 weeks for first interview, and asked me about basic questions regarding my resume and experiences. Also, they asked me 5 behavioral questions, it was pretty hard questions to answer unless prepared.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific situation and asked me to solve the problem from the view of different roles such as project manager, new employee, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

Most of the interview involved behavior related questions. Some questions related to excel skills and how to manage large amounts of data (tables, charts, pivots). The interview was less formal than expected and was more geared towards getting to know the candidates background.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and what you did to fix the problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Hartford, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied for the job online and then a month later received a e-mail stating they wanted to bring me in for an interview. Went in for the interview and met with the director and manager of the position. Interview went well with the director. She praised Prudential as a good company to work for and was very interested. Manager was not so enthusiastic and very hard to read. After a week, I called the HR representative and did not get so I left a message, I called back three days later and did not reach him. After another week I emailed him and no response. I kinda figured I did not get the job. A friend of mine who work on the floor informed me that they went with someone in house. After a another week, I received a email from the HR rep stating they went with another person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online directly thru Prudential.com. Standard interview questions by the book. Least challenging or interesting interview I have ever done. Received offer 2 weeks after interview. Expect a thorough background check from LexusNexus and urinalysis thru Quest Diagnostics: the background check took over 2 weeks for me and was patently annoying because of my long work history.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prudential in October 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 1:1 interview in which I was asked some general questions pertaining to my resume and field of interest. Then I had to take a test that tested my mathematical abilities. Though that test was pretty simple and was not great shakes. Then i was told that i would be contacted for a personality test.