Prudential Financial Professional Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.4

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

This process took a long time, it took more than 2 weeks after I applied. The interviewer talked a lot about this position and their company before asking questions. Interview questions were pretty straightforward. Questions were about sale and working experience, and how you well sale the financial products if you get a job like this.

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Prudential in March 2015.

Spoke on the phone to set up an interview date.

Start out the process by filling out a survey about yourself and different things of the company.

First interview is telling you about the job and also going over your resume and how you might fit the position.

Two more interviews are done afterward if you keep moving forward. You'd come back and meet and talk about the market segment and different area's of the job, etc.

Then you'd come back and speak with a few people and be given a structured interview which we mostly know to include behavior questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Prudential in February 2015.

The interview was brief but informative. Benefits were discussed and we talked about what kind of work I would be doing. The interview was a breeze with no difficult questions asked and it seemed that they had already decided to hire me before I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about our products   View Answer

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in January 2015.

Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview and then in person interview. The interview was mostly personality and behavioral questions to get an idea of your networking skills. You start off part time at $10/hour during training and start full time after you get your licensing. They say they reimburse you for the licensing.

completely based on sales

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Applied online through my university's website. Prudential sent an email and I completed a preliminary application. They then sent me a link to a web-based inventory which asked interview questions with multiple choice answers. Ex: If a coworker was angry at you how would you respond? A: Yell at them B: Take it to HR and so on. It only took about 20 minutes. After this I was notified that they would not be offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have much experience so some of the questions were tough to answer/had to answer them hypothetically.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in October 2014.

process was 3 weeks, wanted the project 200 so they could figure out potential clients. promoting themselves way to much. I felt they were trying to get as many people to fill position. my buddy from college was offered as well he turned it down as well

Interview Questions

dont feel comfortable asking friends and family to purchase policys form me. also fully commission. not fully full time for 6 months.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview with HR recruiter, training manager and sales manager. Both training manager and sales manager pretend that they are the Principal, but neither is, and you probably won't meet the branch principal for months. If you can meet the background check requirements (ie) you are not a convicted felon still on probation; and you say you can pay for your training upfront, and also say that you are willing to sell the 5 policies to your family and friends; you will get accepted. Pru is making money off of you and you will have to pay them for your series 6 and 63 exams, and for email access, etc... They don't tell you that the 5 accounts and $7500 in GDR is really about $800,000 in policy sales; and those 5 family and friends who you convince to help you out to get a new job will never speak to you again; after they start feeling the pinch of those high Pru premiums and service charges galore; for a policy that they can't get out of for the rest of their lives; without possibly ruining their credit.

Interview Questions
    • You have to complete a Project 200 list where you list 200 of your family and friends, and contacts that you will attempt to sale insurance to. They will ask you when and how soon you can sell as many of these people as you can sell life insurance policies too.   View Answer
    One way, and you sign an employment agreement that they will not give you a copy of (excuse is that you will get a copy after the managing principal signs off); but you will never get a copy; so you can't sue them later on.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

They found me through an external job board site. Said they wanted to schedule an interview after completing a series of questionnaires, two to be exact, to see if I was suited for the job and their company. Filled it out. Went to the interview. They talked more than I did. The only questions they asked were how big was my network in Los Angeles and if I could leverage that network to sell their product, life insurance. All commissioned based salary. Said I had to pay for certification and some additional schooling, etc. They were nice enough, but from what I could tell, they were trying to sell themselves more than I was and from what it seemed, they were more interested in tapping my social network, ie my friends and family, to sell them life insurance.

Interview Questions
    • How large is your network in Los Angeles? And could you sell them our policies?   View Answer

Didn't want to sell insurance to my friends and family. And the salary was totally commissioned based. Didn't seem like a wise choice to follow through

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Prudential.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out an application. After doing so, I received another email asking me to complete an 88 question character assessment. The assessment covered my past experience as well as hypothetical situations that asked what would I be most/least likely to do and asked me to select from a list of choices that were generic and not particularly close to what I would actually do. No opportunity for explanation was given and "none of the above" was not an option.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the logic of the hiring process. I received an email from a recruiter, timestamped at 11:30 PM on a Monday evening, requesting that I apply. I completed the application and assessment on Tuesday afternoon and received a letter informing me that I had not been hired (via email) on Thursday morning with no explanation as to why.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Prudential in August 2014.

You must first complete an on line job application and then a personality assessment test. After completing these you will go over some of the details on the phone. This includes going over what you need to accomplish before your commissions and benefits begin. You must be willing to invest time and money to pass required tests. Then after training work with your hiring manager you must close first 5 cases to begin your career.