Prudential Financial Professional Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out an application. After doing so, I received another email asking me to complete an 88 question character assessment. The assessment covered my past experience as well as hypothetical situations that asked what would I be most/least likely to do and asked me to select from a list of choices that were generic and not particularly close to what I would actually do. No opportunity for explanation was given and "none of the above" was not an option.

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the logic of the hiring process. I received an email from a recruiter, timestamped at 11:30 PM on a Monday evening, requesting that I apply. I completed the application and assessment on Tuesday afternoon and received a letter informing me that I had not been hired (via email) on Thursday morning with no explanation as to why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

3 stages, meeting with manager, then agency trainer, then managing director. Pretty simple process. Pretty structured. the final interview with the managing director was the most intimidating because it was very structured. Make sure you are prepared for the interview questions. They can be very difficult. The agency trainer was very nice. Didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Anonymous Employee  in  Northborough, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

I went to a job fair and was approached by one of the managers. I attended a few interviews and everyone was very nice. I felt like they cared about me and my success. I attended an in person interview, a phone interview, then a final interview where they make sure you are the right fit for the job. They tell you about the sales structure for earning commission, then set you up for the orientation. A skills test is required, as well as a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to financially support yourself through the training until it has been completed?   Answer Question

I declined because I'm not a spot in my life where I can work without earning money because I don't have any saved at the moment, just coming out of college. This position would be better for someone who is doing a career transition.

Anonymous Employee  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential in March 2014.

They are very friendly but it is completely commission. Personally, I didn't really mind that is completely commission. But, I really did not like how you have to sell to your family and friends. They were extremely competitive in selling life insurance. It wasn't a good fit for me. Also, you have to pass a bunch of tests before you even work. Essentially, to work for Prudential you need to be all in from the start which is a big commitment from a company that doesn't offer you everything from the start.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. What do you look for in a company?   View Answer

I didn't want to sell life insurance to my family and friends.

Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

They had me take an online personality test to see if I was suited for a sales job. During the interview they were most interested in whether or not I knew a lot of high net-worth individuals who could become my clients. They were also interested in whether I was a good networker.

Interview Questions

I declined because they'd sponsor me for a Series 6 license to sell mutual funds, and I want a Series 7 license to also be able to sell individual stocks.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

For a large company like Prudential I expected more professionalism. After being in touch with the Recruiter through several e-mail exchanges she wasn't slightly aware of my background and experience when I went for an interview. It's understandable that they're dealing with hundreds of candidates but at least they should take a minute to refresh their minds before calling in someone. Like others have mentioned, the position seemed so cheap since the whole time they were trying to sell their position instead of me selling myself to them. Didn't really get into the salary detail, but they did mention that there's never any lay off in that position, make your own schedule and you also make based on how much you sell. So it's pretty much like a Mary Kay business, instead of selling cosmetics you're selling insurance with a fancy title.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult part. The overall interview was smooth and casual.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

I was recruited from a job fair. I set up an initial interview with the manager who explained the position. Then I did a phone interview with a second manager, who liked to talk. I was required to do a skills test and a personality test. To them, the personality test is more important. Then I did a third interview to go over compensation details.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you need to do to be successful at this position?   View Answer
    No, it is 100% commission. Make sure this is what you want before committing.

Anonymous Employee  in  Needham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

encouraged to apply online by a manager in training at a career fair, applied online, filled out a lengthy personality assessment, quickly received call from a secretary to set up an interview, interviewed with a recruiter at the office, scheduled for a follow up interview with the manager

Interview Questions
    • Who is your closest friend? How would they describe you?   View Answer

After reading reviews on this site, I discovered that they lied when they said no cold calls, also, I did not realize that it would take so long before I see a paycheck, and they failed to mention that my expenses would not be reimbursed in any way
    Also, any job that is being sold to you should be questioned. Typically, you sell yourself to the employer, not the other way around. They attempted to dazzle me with large numbers, but my interviewer was young and had only been working there for a short period of time. It just felt too good to be true.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

applied on school career link Guy was very friendly called me on a sunday told me about a great program wasn't interested in sales however and the location would recommend it to someone who was interested in sales and location though

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

First send me a email and tell me about the role. Then tell me to have a online personality test and get my first and second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly talking about the CDP program and background screening.   Answer Question

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!