Prudential Financial Professional Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.4

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview with HR recruiter, training manager and sales manager. Both training manager and sales manager pretend that they are the Principal, but neither is, and you probably won't meet the branch principal for months. If you can meet the background check requirements (ie) you are not a convicted felon still on probation; and you say you can pay for your training upfront, and also say that you are willing to sell the 5 policies to your family and friends; you will get accepted. Pru is making money off of you and you will have to pay them for your series 6 and 63 exams, and for email access, etc... They don't tell you that the 5 accounts and $7500 in GDR is really about $800,000 in policy sales; and those 5 family and friends who you convince to help you out to get a new job will never speak to you again; after they start feeling the pinch of those high Pru premiums and service charges galore; for a policy that they can't get out of for the rest of their lives; without possibly ruining their credit.

Interview Questions
  • You have to complete a Project 200 list where you list 200 of your family and friends, and contacts that you will attempt to sale insurance to. They will ask you when and how soon you can sell as many of these people as you can sell life insurance policies too.   View Answer
One way, and you sign an employment agreement that they will not give you a copy of (excuse is that you will get a copy after the managing principal signs off); but you will never get a copy; so you can't sue them later on.

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out an application. After doing so, I received another email asking me to complete an 88 question character assessment. The assessment covered my past experience as well as hypothetical situations that asked what would I be most/least likely to do and asked me to select from a list of choices that were generic and not particularly close to what I would actually do. No opportunity for explanation was given and "none of the above" was not an option.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the logic of the hiring process. I received an email from a recruiter, timestamped at 11:30 PM on a Monday evening, requesting that I apply. I completed the application and assessment on Tuesday afternoon and received a letter informing me that I had not been hired (via email) on Thursday morning with no explanation as to why.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Prudential in August 2014.

You must first complete an on line job application and then a personality assessment test. After completing these you will go over some of the details on the phone. This includes going over what you need to accomplish before your commissions and benefits begin. You must be willing to invest time and money to pass required tests. Then after training work with your hiring manager you must close first 5 cases to begin your career.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

Pretty easy interview process, focused on your network, project two hundred is a big part of things. They did three interviews for me, each time they really sold themselves more than me selling to them. I took the job so we'll see how things go. You have to pay for your licenses but they supposedly reimburse you after you start working. We'l see.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

I was recruited from a job fair. I set up an initial interview with the manager who explained the position. Then I did a phone interview with a second manager, who liked to talk. I was required to do a skills test and a personality test. To them, the personality test is more important. Then I did a third interview to go over compensation details.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you need to do to be successful at this position?   View Answer
    No, it is 100% commission. Make sure this is what you want before committing.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

For a large company like Prudential I expected more professionalism. After being in touch with the Recruiter through several e-mail exchanges she wasn't slightly aware of my background and experience when I went for an interview. It's understandable that they're dealing with hundreds of candidates but at least they should take a minute to refresh their minds before calling in someone. Like others have mentioned, the position seemed so cheap since the whole time they were trying to sell their position instead of me selling myself to them. Didn't really get into the salary detail, but they did mention that there's never any lay off in that position, make your own schedule and you also make based on how much you sell. So it's pretty much like a Mary Kay business, instead of selling cosmetics you're selling insurance with a fancy title.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult part. The overall interview was smooth and casual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

They had me take an online personality test to see if I was suited for a sales job. During the interview they were most interested in whether or not I knew a lot of high net-worth individuals who could become my clients. They were also interested in whether I was a good networker.

Interview Questions

I declined because they'd sponsor me for a Series 6 license to sell mutual funds, and I want a Series 7 license to also be able to sell individual stocks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

I went to a job fair and was approached by one of the managers. I attended a few interviews and everyone was very nice. I felt like they cared about me and my success. I attended an in person interview, a phone interview, then a final interview where they make sure you are the right fit for the job. They tell you about the sales structure for earning commission, then set you up for the orientation. A skills test is required, as well as a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to financially support yourself through the training until it has been completed?   Answer Question

I declined because I'm not a spot in my life where I can work without earning money because I don't have any saved at the moment, just coming out of college. This position would be better for someone who is doing a career transition.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

applied on school career link Guy was very friendly called me on a sunday told me about a great program wasn't interested in sales however and the location would recommend it to someone who was interested in sales and location though

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

First send me a email and tell me about the role. Then tell me to have a online personality test and get my first and second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly talking about the CDP program and background screening.   Answer Question

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!