Prudential Financial Professional Associate Interview Questions

2.4

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlton, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in December 2013.

Through different recruiting avenues, a Manager of Financial Services (MFS) or an agency recruiter will get in touch with a prospective hire. The next step is sitting down in person with an MFS for an informal discussion of experience and goals to identify if there is a fit. The MFS is your immediate boss while working in this role, so you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. During this phase, you are also required to take an aptitude and an ethics test which are very easy and can be completed in office in an hour. However, you can be passed along or moved to another MFS in that office if the MFS decides that they do not want you on their team. Next is a phone interview with form questions from corporate that every hire must answer. Typical "explain a time when you faced a deadline and how you handled the pressure to complete a project" type of questions. Lastly you meet with the Managing Director of the agency in the last interview to take care of any remaining questions or issues and to offer you employment.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the last time you disobeyed a direct order from a superior.   View Answer
There is no negotiation. You work for yourself and make exactly what you are willing to work for.... commission based sales.

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

Pretty easy interview process, focused on your network, project two hundred is a big part of things. They did three interviews for me, each time they really sold themselves more than me selling to them. I took the job so we'll see how things go. You have to pay for your licenses but they supposedly reimburse you after you start working. We'l see.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview with HR recruiter, training manager and sales manager. Both training manager and sales manager pretend that they are the Principal, but neither is, and you probably won't meet the branch principal for months. If you can meet the background check requirements (ie) you are not a convicted felon still on probation; and you say you can pay for your training upfront, and also say that you are willing to sell the 5 policies to your family and friends; you will get accepted. Pru is making money off of you and you will have to pay them for your series 6 and 63 exams, and for email access, etc... They don't tell you that the 5 accounts and $7500 in GDR is really about $800,000 in policy sales; and those 5 family and friends who you convince to help you out to get a new job will never speak to you again; after they start feeling the pinch of those high Pru premiums and service charges galore; for a policy that they can't get out of for the rest of their lives; without possibly ruining their credit.

Interview Questions
    • You have to complete a Project 200 list where you list 200 of your family and friends, and contacts that you will attempt to sale insurance to. They will ask you when and how soon you can sell as many of these people as you can sell life insurance policies too.   View Answer
    One way, and you sign an employment agreement that they will not give you a copy of (excuse is that you will get a copy after the managing principal signs off); but you will never get a copy; so you can't sue them later on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out an application. After doing so, I received another email asking me to complete an 88 question character assessment. The assessment covered my past experience as well as hypothetical situations that asked what would I be most/least likely to do and asked me to select from a list of choices that were generic and not particularly close to what I would actually do. No opportunity for explanation was given and "none of the above" was not an option.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the logic of the hiring process. I received an email from a recruiter, timestamped at 11:30 PM on a Monday evening, requesting that I apply. I completed the application and assessment on Tuesday afternoon and received a letter informing me that I had not been hired (via email) on Thursday morning with no explanation as to why.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

3 stages, meeting with manager, then agency trainer, then managing director. Pretty simple process. Pretty structured. the final interview with the managing director was the most intimidating because it was very structured. Make sure you are prepared for the interview questions. They can be very difficult. The agency trainer was very nice. Didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

I went to a job fair and was approached by one of the managers. I attended a few interviews and everyone was very nice. I felt like they cared about me and my success. I attended an in person interview, a phone interview, then a final interview where they make sure you are the right fit for the job. They tell you about the sales structure for earning commission, then set you up for the orientation. A skills test is required, as well as a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to financially support yourself through the training until it has been completed?   Answer Question

I declined because I'm not a spot in my life where I can work without earning money because I don't have any saved at the moment, just coming out of college. This position would be better for someone who is doing a career transition.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential in March 2014.

They are very friendly but it is completely commission. Personally, I didn't really mind that is completely commission. But, I really did not like how you have to sell to your family and friends. They were extremely competitive in selling life insurance. It wasn't a good fit for me. Also, you have to pass a bunch of tests before you even work. Essentially, to work for Prudential you need to be all in from the start which is a big commitment from a company that doesn't offer you everything from the start.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. What do you look for in a company?   View Answer

I didn't want to sell life insurance to my family and friends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

They had me take an online personality test to see if I was suited for a sales job. During the interview they were most interested in whether or not I knew a lot of high net-worth individuals who could become my clients. They were also interested in whether I was a good networker.

Interview Questions

I declined because they'd sponsor me for a Series 6 license to sell mutual funds, and I want a Series 7 license to also be able to sell individual stocks.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

For a large company like Prudential I expected more professionalism. After being in touch with the Recruiter through several e-mail exchanges she wasn't slightly aware of my background and experience when I went for an interview. It's understandable that they're dealing with hundreds of candidates but at least they should take a minute to refresh their minds before calling in someone. Like others have mentioned, the position seemed so cheap since the whole time they were trying to sell their position instead of me selling myself to them. Didn't really get into the salary detail, but they did mention that there's never any lay off in that position, make your own schedule and you also make based on how much you sell. So it's pretty much like a Mary Kay business, instead of selling cosmetics you're selling insurance with a fancy title.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult part. The overall interview was smooth and casual.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

I was recruited from a job fair. I set up an initial interview with the manager who explained the position. Then I did a phone interview with a second manager, who liked to talk. I was required to do a skills test and a personality test. To them, the personality test is more important. Then I did a third interview to go over compensation details.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you need to do to be successful at this position?   View Answer
    No, it is 100% commission. Make sure this is what you want before committing.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!