Prudential Financial Professional Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

3 stages. 1st is one on one with the recruiting manager. Second stage is a group interview they say it's to save time. It's mostly an introduction to the company and a short video on how NOT to sell. Third and final stage is to meet with the manager of the that branch. Standard one two three

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in sales Why do you think you're a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in August 2015.

Interview

Agency Recruiting Manager found my resume on Monster and contacted me. I applied for the position on line. The Recruiting Manager discussed the position with me on phone. Cleared online personality test. Interview with the Managing Director of the group was fixed and confirmed. On the interview date fixed I went to the venue. The MD was reported to be out of town. Instead, the Recruiting Manager 'interviewed' me. I would have expected them to inform me before hand that the MD is unavailable. The interview experience was positive. The Recruiter informed that a formal interview with MD will be fixed shortly.

Interview Questions

• The discussion with the Agency Recruiting Manage was easy and positive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (White Plains, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I arrived at White Plains, made my way upstairs and joined a few potential candidates in the presentation room. The presentation was interactive in that the presenter would ask us questions throughout. The presentation does take a little long but it feels a bit like orientation at a new job and they teach you about the process that is required to become an official FPA. After the presentation we were split into groups of two to speak with a Prudential professional. That second meeting took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to answer any questions that we had rather than bombard us with questions. They will ask a few questions based off of the information on your resume to get a better understanding of you.   1 Answer

Just not for me. I also considered the cost of training materials, the small gap of time in which they wanted the business plan and the fact that it was a sales/commission job. If this is truly your path the whole process should be a walk in the park.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Presentation by one of the managers. The presentation gave an insight in the training and job of a Financial Professional. Details about the different types of Commission and benefits were given.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential in June 2015.

Interview

The interview started off with light conversation after which you were asked to talk about yourself and your resume. The recruiter was really good at speaking and talked about the job, opportunity for career growth, and the next interviews. He really sold me on this job and made me feel pretty comfortable during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Moosic, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Saw a job posting online, applied and within 15 minutes I was called and asked to fill out an 88 questioned questionnaire. After being told I passed, I went in for an interview a couple of days later. They gave me a tour, sat me down saying you can do this, this, and this, and be this successful. Met one or two people and was basically told I have the job as soon as they submit the papers.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you think a typical day will be like.   1 Answer

The whole thing seems rather shady. First, you need over a grand to pay for your own licenses and background checks with no guarantee you get the job. Also, they want you to sell to all of your friends and family. Basically, the entire position is based around commissions and if you can't sell, you're out. They kept saying I could be a millionaire, there are millionaires that work here. I don't trust anyone trying that hard for a sell just to get someone to work there.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

This process took a long time, it took more than 2 weeks after I applied. The interviewer talked a lot about this position and their company before asking questions. Interview questions were pretty straightforward. Questions were about sale and working experience, and how you well sale the financial products if you get a job like this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Marlborough, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was smooth. Basically explained in what consist the job and explained how the hiring process go. At the end explained that you need to have a training and a license that cost 1200$ but that would be refund by the company once you are in and pass the test.

Interview Questions

• When start you interest in financial field? What type of education you had? Are you a outgoing person and you experience in sales?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prudential in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke on the phone to set up an interview date. Start out the process by filling out a survey about yourself and different things of the company. First interview is telling you about the job and also going over your resume and how you might fit the position. Two more interviews are done afterward if you keep moving forward. You'd come back and meet and talk about the market segment and different area's of the job, etc. Then you'd come back and speak with a few people and be given a structured interview which we mostly know to include behavior questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief but informative. Benefits were discussed and we talked about what kind of work I would be doing. The interview was a breeze with no difficult questions asked and it seemed that they had already decided to hire me before I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about our products   1 Answer