Prudential

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Downers Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential in March 2014.

Interview Details – They are very friendly but it is completely commission. Personally, I didn't really mind that is completely commission. But, I really did not like how you have to sell to your family and friends. They were extremely competitive in selling life insurance. It wasn't a good fit for me. Also, you have to pass a bunch of tests before you even work. Essentially, to work for Prudential you need to be all in from the start which is a big commitment from a company that doesn't offer you everything from the start.

Interview Question – Nothing really. What do you look for in a company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to sell life insurance to my family and friends.

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

Interview Details – They had me take an online personality test to see if I was suited for a sales job. During the interview they were most interested in whether or not I knew a lot of high net-worth individuals who could become my clients. They were also interested in whether I was a good networker.

Interview Question – How will you build your book of business?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because they'd sponsor me for a Series 6 license to sell mutual funds, and I want a Series 7 license to also be able to sell individual stocks.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Professional Associate

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

Interview Details – For a large company like Prudential I expected more professionalism. After being in touch with the Recruiter through several e-mail exchanges she wasn't slightly aware of my background and experience when I went for an interview. It's understandable that they're dealing with hundreds of candidates but at least they should take a minute to refresh their minds before calling in someone. Like others have mentioned, the position seemed so cheap since the whole time they were trying to sell their position instead of me selling myself to them. Didn't really get into the salary detail, but they did mention that there's never any lay off in that position, make your own schedule and you also make based on how much you sell. So it's pretty much like a Mary Kay business, instead of selling cosmetics you're selling insurance with a fancy title.

Interview Question – There was no difficult part. The overall interview was smooth and casual.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – I was recruited from a job fair. I set up an initial interview with the manager who explained the position. Then I did a phone interview with a second manager, who liked to talk. I was required to do a skills test and a personality test. To them, the personality test is more important. Then I did a third interview to go over compensation details.

Interview Question – What do you think you need to do to be successful at this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, it is 100% commission. Make sure this is what you want before committing.

Needham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

Interview Details – encouraged to apply online by a manager in training at a career fair, applied online, filled out a lengthy personality assessment, quickly received call from a secretary to set up an interview, interviewed with a recruiter at the office, scheduled for a follow up interview with the manager

Interview Question – Who is your closest friend? How would they describe you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After reading reviews on this site, I discovered that they lied when they said no cold calls, also, I did not realize that it would take so long before I see a paycheck, and they failed to mention that my expenses would not be reimbursed in any way
Also, any job that is being sold to you should be questioned. Typically, you sell yourself to the employer, not the other way around. They attempted to dazzle me with large numbers, but my interviewer was young and had only been working there for a short period of time. It just felt too good to be true.

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – applied on school career link Guy was very friendly called me on a sunday told me about a great program wasn't interested in sales however and the location would recommend it to someone who was interested in sales and location though

Interview Question – Would you like to move forward with your application?   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

Interview Details – First send me a email and tell me about the role. Then tell me to have a online personality test and get my first and second interview.

Interview Question – Mostly talking about the CDP program and background screening.   Answer Question

Coral Gables, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Prudential in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview with team manager, second with Managing Director and third with agency trainer. Very straight forward interviews.

Interview Question – very professional but casual, no tricky or hard questions, they mainly want to know your background and expectations and see if the match what the company is looking for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everubody starts in the CDP program

Shelton, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in July 2013.

Interview Details – Many interviews with smiling, friendly subordinates to the MD. Think of a time-sharing experience. They will lie outright to entice prospects into the office. Their approach is one of rambling misrepresentation. One must submit to lengthy vetting through credit checks and month-long internal evaluation by individuals with fewer credentials and less experience. Run, do not walk, to the exit.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was keeping the interviewers focused on the interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations and no truth in the process at all.

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – I was contacted through my school email as a potential applicant and told to apply online. Within 2 days I was contacted by phone and instructed to take an 88-question online assessment test before scheduling an interview. It was essentially a personality test to screen for people aggressive enough for a sales job.

Interview Question – It just asked about your personality and how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!