Prudential

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential in October 2009.

Interview Details – On the day of my interview I was briely told about the company and the position and was giving a in office test. The test consist of math and english problem solving skills. Which took about 2 hours after that, I was sent home to tak a in home test which was basically a personality test. As os today I have passed both test and I am waiting to hear from them.

Interview Question – Then test was somewhat difficult   Answer Question

Melville, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Prudential in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a representative of Prudential who found my resume on-line. She Scheduled an interview with my manager. I met with him briefly very comfortable and easy interview. I then was introduced to the recruiting manager who briefly met with me and put me on the computer to fill out the application. I was then told they would schedule me to come back for a math test. I returned about 2 days later and met briefly with the recruiter who asked me some great questions and made me feel at ease. She described more about the process and asked if I had any questions. She then set me up to take the math test it took about an hour. Very easy math concepts just take your time and its easy. I was then told they would review it and call me. The next day I was sent a link for the personality test . No problem just answer the questions truthfully or you will wash out. You are only cheating yourself. I was then contacted by phone and told I did extremely well. I was then scheduled to come in for a meeting with my manager. I first met with the recruiter who described more of the process .. very informative. I then met with my hiring manager he went over a book I received and how I was to complete it along with project 200 This is all designed to help you and get you in the frame of mind that you are going to need to be in. It also includes 10 interview you need to do 5 on the phone 5 in person. I am now waiting for the next interview . However I am extremely happy so far. All this time and steps taken have done nothing more than help reassure me that I am making the right decision . You need to keep in mind you will need some sort of way to make money other than Prudential during this time it is long and you do not find out when you start if you start for some time. Look at it as an investment into your future. All good things take sacrifices.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not yet there.

Richmond, VA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Prudential in August 2009.

Interview Details – Overall interview process took over 3 months from completing market surveys to meeting with various managers. I had a total of 5 interviews and then waited a month and a half until the legal paperwork was completed. The interviewing branch manager was very knowledgable and in my opinion had an excellent sales skillset which an entry level FSA could learn a lot from.

Interview Question – Tell me your 5 minute life story.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was told I qualified for a 10 week salary compensation program and was then told that I couldnt be paid an initial salary due to failing the "phone module."

Financial Service Associate Interview

Financial Service Associate
Charlotte, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Prudential in August 2009.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume thru an online ad and was contacted IMMEDIATELY (within 5 minutes) by
phone to schedule an "interview", which I did for the following week. What they didn't tell me is
that the interview was actually a logic/math test which I had no problem with (BS in Math and
an MBA probably helped...) taken on a laptop.

Some others in the room probably failed it since they didn't stay very long and hardly used a bit
of scratch paper, so it may be hard for someone with just a HS diploma (again, I am assuming
based on looking at applicants and their behavior).

From there was an online "personality" test which I thought was fairly transparent. It would have
been easy to "game" the test. They are looking for aggressive sales types and people who at
least THINK others have a high opinion of their abilities.

Many questions were "how would your last supervisor say you..."

I have to admit that I had already decided I did not want the job based on similar "interviews"
in the past for sales jobs and the fact that I heard two employees talking about what an
a-hole their boss was at that location as I was walking in for the first "interview"/test.

I answered honestly and put a few answers I figured would get me rejected.

Sure enough. Reject e-mail came 4 days later. No human response or followup.

Interview Question – Some question about people sitting next to each other according to a set of rules like A left of B, C right of A, D within 2 seats of A, etc.

Then having to answer questions like Can A sit in an odd numbered seat?

Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Prudential in August 2009.

Interview Details – I met the Prudential Hiring manager at a Job Fair. She scheduled an initial interview at their downtown Charlotte office. It turned out to be a brief group information session (with four other candidates) followed by a skills/aptitude/IQ test taken on a laptop PC provided to each of us. The next day, those that scored high enough in the first test received an email with instructions on how to take the online test that evaluates personality and decision-making. The next step is an interview with a senior manager followed up by a background check for those who pass this step.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself in this business after 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – You are required to get several licenses such as Series 6, etc. Prudential will provide the training/education you need to qualify for the license but there is no compensation for the whole time until you get all the licenses.

Champaign, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the local recruiter via email. After reading over a hundred reviews on sales positions at various companies i.e. farmers, metlife, northwester mutual, etc. I decided Prudential was the best of the group and decided to contact the recruiter and go in for an interview.

The first interview was 1:1 with a relatively young lady who asked me some very basic questions about myself based on the information on my resume. Most of her questions were aimed at my networking ability, work ethic, and commitment. Next she told me a little about the company and asked if I had questions. Following that, I took an aptitude test that lasted about 1.5 hrs. Before I left, I was told to take a personality assessment online within the next 24hrs.

I did extremely well on both and was told to come back in for another meeting with the manager of sales and training about 1 week later. I began to have second thoughts due to my ability to quickly establish networks that would generate sales (college grad/non-local). After talking more with the recruiter I decided to go back in and speak with her concerning those issues. The meeting went well and I committed myself to finishing the interview process.

Next week, I went in and discussed the marketing project. I had 4 days to complete it. Upon completing it I went in to meet with the manger of training and of sales sequentially. Both meetings went extremely well. I learned more about my future bosses and the work atmosphere which I describe as one filled with a strong work ethic, positive thinking, personal growth oriented, and mentorship, which is great if you are a very competitive/durable individual.

About 10-15 mins after I left, I received a phone call from the recruiter who told me they both liked me as a very solid candidate as well as her of course and the next step is to get the ok from the big guy which is pretty much a yes with a nod from all three of them. She even told me the start date.

I'm going back in next week to meet with the big guy and presumably to accept the offer.

In summary its a very intense and through interview process. I can tell this is certainly not a job for the weak hearted.

Interview Questions

• The aptitude test consisted of questions such as:

Is the quantity in column A greater than the quantity in column B given X is..... and 2x+y
      View Answer
  • Personality test: would you describe yourself as: a) hostile b) easy going c) .....

Should the 1st ppl you contact to sell to be your family members? yes or no

Albany, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in August 2009.

Interview Details – I talked to a recruiter on the phone for 1 week, and then i went into the local office for an interview and test. The test consisted of "choose the best answer" questions. If you score a 55 or better you make it to the next step... and that is where I am

Interview Question – Where do I see myself 5 years from now   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential in March 2009.

Interview Details – I arrived at the office expecting an interview. The person I was supposed to interview with was not there, so I met with someone else for about 5 minutes, then spent an hour taking what was basically a math test. After that I left, and that was basically the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of different quantitative situations, (Example-- Jim has 10 dollars, Stacy and Frank have X dollars, and the total amount is Y) How much information is needed to answer the question?) The questions were much more difficult versions of this, still not too bad though.   Answer Question
  • Other math questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in April 2009.

Interview Details – Promptly received a call from hiring represetative for a brief phone interview. I then received several tests to take and submit online. Afterwards had an onsite interview that mostly consisted of intelligence and skills tests. The next process included another assesment on my personality test and barely missed the passing point. This meant, I was not able to move onto the next steps in the hiring process.

Interview Question – Describe a recent challenge you've had to overcome   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in January 2008.

Interview Details – The Penn Agency was efficient at describing the position and offering...

Negotiation Details – The negotition phase is roughly non-existent the position is performance based and entraprenurial with only a 20% margin for negotiation... you choose your compensation package based on your future growth desire...