Prudential Financial Services Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.7

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Applied online. After applying online I received interview phone call then after all of that I received an in-person interview. Everyone was very pleasant. Seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

The process moves fast. I get the impression that they try to hire as many people as they can so they can leverage their contacts. They are very up front and transparent about the process. Be prepared to do several more background tests after you accept a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our products   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is straight commission. They also will tell you that you will be able to work independently, but you will find out after you are hired, that even though you will be 1099'd. They will expect you to be at mandatory meetings every morning so that everyone can talk about how they did their job yesterday and will do it again today.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Met with Regional Sales Manager and Senior Financial Services Associate after a referral from the Senior Financial Services Associate. Interview process consisted of an online assessment test as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason you left the same position at the last company you worked for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Prudential (Jackson, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

Got an interview with this company because my brother's co-worker worked for the manager of this (Jackson, MS) office. The interviewer was well put together, and extremely personable. Some concerns though were that I never had much time to respond to questions nor did I feel like I had time to talk in general. The interviewer was very good at trying to persuade you to really look hard at accepting the position with the company.

Overall, the interview was a little overwhelming at first, but soon, it was okay. Be prepared to answer questions about the services Prudential offers as well as some other questions based on your personality (are you personable, are you an introvert/extrovert).

Interview Questions

• If you were to enter an elevator and there were 9 other people in the elevator, what would you do?   2 Answers

The job is all commission. Or at least, the job offer I got was. At this point in my life, that was too big of a risk for me.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I met the company at a college fair and gave them my résumé. I had to fill an online information questionaire and later they sent me a personality test. After I passed the personality test they invited me for an interview. During the first interview they gave me a brief overview about the company and asked me to tell them a little about myself. It was overall a good experience and they invited me to a second round. They did not tell me anything about their salary package and told me that would be discussed in the next round. I started to get the feeling that this job is commission based. They did tell me that I have to take classes to be licensed, go through training and that I would not be working their technically until that is done, about 6 months. After the interview they wanted to sign up for classes right away and pay for them, as well as an extensive background check. I opted out of continuing further because I did not want a commission only job.

No salary

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prudential (Bethesda, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I started my interview process through my campus recruiting services. The entire process involved three face-toface interviews; the first to get acquainted with the company, the hiring manager and to see if there was a potential fit with the company and the applicant (myself). The second meeting went more in depth about the job's duties, required licenses for the state of application (in my case, the series 7 & 63, and cad., life & health), and their personalized business plan -- which involved putting together a 'Project 200' excel workbook (i.e. compiling a list of 50+ personal/professional references and their personal demographical information, which was suppose to be my "natural market"). This particular part was a little much, considering that it seemed as though I would have to use my friends and relatives to make cold calls to sell financial services to.. The third round interview was with the office's managing director -- the last gateway before an employment offer was determined. All in all, the company seemed straight forth with a solid training and mentoring platform to set new employees up for success.

For licensing, Prudential stated that they'd reimburse me for tests and material, provided I passed all three on the first attempt. They also stated that they'd pay a salary plus bonuses and commissions for the first two years while I built my book of business (only after acquiring all necessary licenses), then I would fall into a 10-99 status as an agent w/out a salary base (strictly commissions, etc.).

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me how I'd feel soliciting financial services to my family members, and how exactly would I go about doing so.   1 Answer

Found a better job opportunity in a different industry that was more relevant to my past work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Orange, CA).

Interview

3 separate interviews. First interview is informal and conversational. Second interview goes into responsibilities and expectations. Third interview is split into two halves. First half goes over compensation and benefits. Second half is with the managing director and is more detail/background oriented.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 things you want to accomplish professionally and personally within the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Need to pass licensing exams and training in order to be hired full time.

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Prudential (Melville, NY).

Interview

I first received a telephone interview with the Howard Beach office of prudential, afterwards the Uniondale office, and then Melville. It should have struck me odd that there was so much competition over my entry level resume.
       The interviews consisted of a first general meeting, describing the company, and the second on marketing strategies, the third would have been a marketing presentation by myself, on my own internal market. The company does require you to submit the names and information of at least 200 of your friends and family to generate leads. If you are uncomfortable with this, do not apply.
       I was told training is unpaid, but i may receive reimbursement. Pay is commission, plus draw for your first year. The draw is variable, so it can and will go up and down based on performance. Marketing costs are only partly subsidized by Prudential, and will also fluctuate based on performance.
       I decided not to go further in the process, as I was not interested in a job wich may require me to put more into it financially than I would get out for the first couple years.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, this company seems more bent on hiring you, than you might be on getting the Job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Moosic, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Once you have received a call back and you passed the candidate assessment quiz you are pretty much hired. The questions that they ask you are situational and standard just like any other company. It seems like they want to see if you are able to communicate effectively, because you are going to be in a client facing role.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a drink, what kind of drink would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Received a phone call from their internal recruiter, followed by a call from a manager and a personality test. There were three in person interviews. The first was a light intro interview with my manager. He gave me a project 200 to complete. The second interview was with two managers. We went over my project 200. The third interview was with the managing director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. 100% commission.