Prudential

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Met with Regional Sales Manager and Senior Financial Services Associate after a referral from the Senior Financial Services Associate. Interview process consisted of an online assessment test as well.

Interview Question – What was the reason you left the same position at the last company you worked for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Jackson, MS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

Interview Details – Got an interview with this company because my brother's co-worker worked for the manager of this (Jackson, MS) office. The interviewer was well put together, and extremely personable. Some concerns though were that I never had much time to respond to questions nor did I feel like I had time to talk in general. The interviewer was very good at trying to persuade you to really look hard at accepting the position with the company.

Overall, the interview was a little overwhelming at first, but soon, it was okay. Be prepared to answer questions about the services Prudential offers as well as some other questions based on your personality (are you personable, are you an introvert/extrovert).

Interview Question – If you were to enter an elevator and there were 9 other people in the elevator, what would you do?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – The job is all commission. Or at least, the job offer I got was. At this point in my life, that was too big of a risk for me.

Moosic, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in December 2011.

Interview Details – Once you have received a call back and you passed the candidate assessment quiz you are pretty much hired. The questions that they ask you are situational and standard just like any other company. It seems like they want to see if you are able to communicate effectively, because you are going to be in a client facing role.

Interview Question – If you could be a drink, what kind of drink would you be and why?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Prudential in May 2013.

Interview Details – I started my interview process through my campus recruiting services. The entire process involved three face-toface interviews; the first to get acquainted with the company, the hiring manager and to see if there was a potential fit with the company and the applicant (myself). The second meeting went more in depth about the job's duties, required licenses for the state of application (in my case, the series 7 & 63, and cad., life & health), and their personalized business plan -- which involved putting together a 'Project 200' excel workbook (i.e. compiling a list of 50+ personal/professional references and their personal demographical information, which was suppose to be my "natural market"). This particular part was a little much, considering that it seemed as though I would have to use my friends and relatives to make cold calls to sell financial services to.. The third round interview was with the office's managing director -- the last gateway before an employment offer was determined. All in all, the company seemed straight forth with a solid training and mentoring platform to set new employees up for success.

For licensing, Prudential stated that they'd reimburse me for tests and material, provided I passed all three on the first attempt. They also stated that they'd pay a salary plus bonuses and commissions for the first two years while I built my book of business (only after acquiring all necessary licenses), then I would fall into a 10-99 status as an agent w/out a salary base (strictly commissions, etc.).

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me how I'd feel soliciting financial services to my family members, and how exactly would I go about doing so.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Found a better job opportunity in a different industry that was more relevant to my past work experience.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – I met the company at a college fair and gave them my résumé. I had to fill an online information questionaire and later they sent me a personality test. After I passed the personality test they invited me for an interview. During the first interview they gave me a brief overview about the company and asked me to tell them a little about myself. It was overall a good experience and they invited me to a second round. They did not tell me anything about their salary package and told me that would be discussed in the next round. I started to get the feeling that this job is commission based. They did tell me that I have to take classes to be licensed, go through training and that I would not be working their technically until that is done, about 6 months. After the interview they wanted to sign up for classes right away and pay for them, as well as an extensive background check. I opted out of continuing further because I did not want a commission only job.

Interview Question – I didn't encounter any difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No salary

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from their internal recruiter, followed by a call from a manager and a personality test. There were three in person interviews. The first was a light intro interview with my manager. He gave me a project 200 to complete. The second interview was with two managers. We went over my project 200. The third interview was with the managing director.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. 100% commission.

Orange, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – 3 separate interviews. First interview is informal and conversational. Second interview goes into responsibilities and expectations. Third interview is split into two halves. First half goes over compensation and benefits. Second half is with the managing director and is more detail/background oriented.

Interview Question – Name 5 things you want to accomplish professionally and personally within the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Need to pass licensing exams and training in order to be hired full time.

Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – I first received a telephone interview with the Howard Beach office of prudential, afterwards the Uniondale office, and then Melville. It should have struck me odd that there was so much competition over my entry level resume.
   The interviews consisted of a first general meeting, describing the company, and the second on marketing strategies, the third would have been a marketing presentation by myself, on my own internal market. The company does require you to submit the names and information of at least 200 of your friends and family to generate leads. If you are uncomfortable with this, do not apply.
   I was told training is unpaid, but i may receive reimbursement. Pay is commission, plus draw for your first year. The draw is variable, so it can and will go up and down based on performance. Marketing costs are only partly subsidized by Prudential, and will also fluctuate based on performance.
   I decided not to go further in the process, as I was not interested in a job wich may require me to put more into it financially than I would get out for the first couple years.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, this company seems more bent on hiring you, than you might be on getting the Job.   Answer Question

East Hanover, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential in June 2010.

Interview Details – Started with an on campus recruiter and submitted the online app there. Then took the aptitude and personality test in the office which finished off with an information session. Was asked to compile a detailed list of 200 potential clients. Then had an interview with a panel of managers which was actually not a tough one once getting over the initial discomfort of being so outnumbered. Was faced with rather generic questions.

Interview Question – Explain the focus of the potential client list and why chose to target this specific niche.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Process was dragged out so long and being that I was finishing grad school at nights they wanted me to start part time, rather than full time which they said I qualified for.

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Prudential in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got called right after I applied online, really fast. They told me to go to their office and have a test. I went there and the test was mainly behavior questions regarding to your work ethics. Then I was told to watch a video about general information of this position and how people achieve their goals at Prudential. After that two managers came in to interview me. They said I did really well for the test. They asked some simple questions about my background. Then they said that for this position Prudential cannot offer any sponsorship (I'm an international student). So I didnt get the job.

Interview Question – what do you expect to be at Prudential?   Answer Question

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!