Prudential Financial Services Associate Interview Questions

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in January 2011.

Seemed like a great employer with good training opportunity, I would recommend it to anyone that is a self starter and willing to develop a local client base.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most difficult thing you've ever done?   View Answer
  • Where do you see your self in 5 years?   View Answer

Am looking for a travel opportunity and this position required a lot of sales and being tied down to a specific region.

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in August 2010.

First went in for a pretty informal 1 to 1 interview, they basically told you about the company and the position. Then completed a aptitude test the same day (which took 1-2 hours). They emailed a personality test for you to complete within 48 hours.
    Then went in for a 2nd interview with the manager. It was not very formal either. The manager was nice, he described your tests results, and guide you through deciding whether you would like to do this (giving you a head up that this is a straight commission job and you won't be making any money the first 3 months during your licensing & training period). If you think that's ok, they will give your Project 200 to complete (put down a name, telephone, address, etc. list of 200 people you know). Together with Project 200, you must do marketing survey with 10 people.
    After finishing the project, they contact you and ask you to go in for a Structured interview (with Manager and Trainer 2-3 people), which they are supposed to ask some standard interview questions. And then there should be two more interviews after this: 4) Career Presentation Meeting, and 5) Career Decision and Planning Meeting as indicated on their website.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok working straight-commission?   Answer Question
    • How would you find your clients if you just opened up your own business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential in August 2010.

I interviewed with a recruiter and sales manager at a career fair. I gave them my resume and followed up the following Monday. I received a call back within 24 hours asking that I fill out an extensive application online before going to their financial offices to begin the skills assessment. The online application is very detailed and requires a list of 10 years employment history, and other background info.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Prudential in July 2010.

Basically, I e-mailed someone who was a campus recruiter. The day after I had a reply in my inbox and now will be interviewing with him. Seems easygoing and you just have to be assertive and know what you want.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go into the insurance field?   Answer Question
    • Describea time when you had a problem with a customer. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    It was pretty laidback. I feel that if you walk in there and you know a little about the company and you want to go in the insurance, then this will be a no brainer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in June 2010.

I felt very comfortable with the the initial interview with the hiring manager. I was reluctant to get back into the Insurance field, but the name recognition and the interview process changed my mind. Waiting for final interview and I will take the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get back into the insurance field?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential in June 2010.

First I took an aptitude test with several word problems (some that you didn't even have to solve, simply say whether or not there was enough information to answer). Then a sales-based test was applied as well. After that I listened to a presentation of what the job entails/how the company runs. I am now working on the 200 name project, which is a bit of a pain...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in June 2010.

Started with an on campus recruiter and submitted the online app there. Then took the aptitude and personality test in the office which finished off with an information session. Was asked to compile a detailed list of 200 potential clients. Then had an interview with a panel of managers which was actually not a tough one once getting over the initial discomfort of being so outnumbered. Was faced with rather generic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the focus of the potential client list and why chose to target this specific niche.   Answer Question

Process was dragged out so long and being that I was finishing grad school at nights they wanted me to start part time, rather than full time which they said I qualified for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Prudential in May 2010.

I received a email from Prudential Financial said that they found my resume on Monster.com and felt that I am suitable for the Financial Services Associate positon. I emailed them back and they scheduled me a interview. That interview actually more like a presentation. They presented the positon description in more details and the expected salary. Later we were asked to completed a math test. 1-2 weeks later I got a phone call from Prudential Financial told me they would like a 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview lasted about 30 minutes and it went pretty well. Then 2 weeks later (after the background check) they asked me if I would like to start the 3-month training.

Interview Questions

They hardly offer any salary in the first 3 months. After the first 3-month training, you earn your salary mostly out of the commission. I wanna a real salary

Financial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in May 2010.

I first heard about an information session that Prudential was hosting and decided to attend. When I arrived, I filled out an application and took a skills test that took about 2 hrs. The test consisted of about 50 multiple choice questions, some which were challenging and others which were easy. I then was sent a personality test, and afterwords contacted to come in again. We met in the same group that attended the information session, minus a few people, and further discussed what a career at prudential is like and the hiring process. Afterwords, we were given the 'project 200', which consists of a list of 200 people and their information such as address, telephone number, marital status, number of children, occupation, hobbies, interests, household income, ect. It was very tedious to complete and I was uncomfortable giving some of the information to Prudential. It also consisted of several 'exercises'. This is a 30+ hour project. I then met with the hiring manager, who evaluated my project 200 and asked me a few basic interview questions. I then returned and met with the office manager who did a more extensive interview. I am now waiting to meet with the regional manager, which will be my final interview. If I am offered a job, I will take a drug test before finalizing employment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an ethical situation you were in and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Prudential in April 2010.

Met a recruiter at a school fair; recent college grad (returning student) extensive sales experience. Declined offer because of straight commission; i didnt go back to college to get my degree in business for a non salary job, I could do that without the degree.