Prudential

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in January 2011.

Interview Details – Seemed like a great employer with good training opportunity, I would recommend it to anyone that is a self starter and willing to develop a local client base.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you've ever done?   View Answer
  • Where do you see your self in 5 years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Am looking for a travel opportunity and this position required a lot of sales and being tied down to a specific region.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview seemed the company spent more time informing me on Prudential what the position entailed than getting to know me. The personality test was standard and the skills test was fairly easy. Both interviews were almost identical. The interview was very informative for me which was good.

Flushing, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Prudential in May 2010.

Interview Details – I received a email from Prudential Financial said that they found my resume on Monster.com and felt that I am suitable for the Financial Services Associate positon. I emailed them back and they scheduled me a interview. That interview actually more like a presentation. They presented the positon description in more details and the expected salary. Later we were asked to completed a math test. 1-2 weeks later I got a phone call from Prudential Financial told me they would like a 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview lasted about 30 minutes and it went pretty well. Then 2 weeks later (after the background check) they asked me if I would like to start the 3-month training.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – They hardly offer any salary in the first 3 months. After the first 3-month training, you earn your salary mostly out of the commission. I wanna a real salary

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in August 2010.

Interview Details – First went in for a pretty informal 1 to 1 interview, they basically told you about the company and the position. Then completed a aptitude test the same day (which took 1-2 hours). They emailed a personality test for you to complete within 48 hours.
Then went in for a 2nd interview with the manager. It was not very formal either. The manager was nice, he described your tests results, and guide you through deciding whether you would like to do this (giving you a head up that this is a straight commission job and you won't be making any money the first 3 months during your licensing & training period). If you think that's ok, they will give your Project 200 to complete (put down a name, telephone, address, etc. list of 200 people you know). Together with Project 200, you must do marketing survey with 10 people.
After finishing the project, they contact you and ask you to go in for a Structured interview (with Manager and Trainer 2-3 people), which they are supposed to ask some standard interview questions. And then there should be two more interviews after this: 4) Career Presentation Meeting, and 5) Career Decision and Planning Meeting as indicated on their website.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Prudential in April 2010.

Interview Details – This is basically a position that requires you to sale their product starting with your close friends and familis. Though their manager assure going door to door is not requested, the following 1-1 interview will show how the job style is. I was sent a letter saying that I am lacking of interests, which is 100% true.

Interview Question – Are you legally working in the United States?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential in August 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a recruiter and sales manager at a career fair. I gave them my resume and followed up the following Monday. I received a call back within 24 hours asking that I fill out an extensive application online before going to their financial offices to begin the skills assessment. The online application is very detailed and requires a list of 10 years employment history, and other background info.

Interview Question – Why prudential?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Prudential in April 2010.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at a school fair; recent college grad (returning student) extensive sales experience. Declined offer because of straight commission; i didnt go back to college to get my degree in business for a non salary job, I could do that without the degree.

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential in July 2010.

Interview Details – Basically, I e-mailed someone who was a campus recruiter. The day after I had a reply in my inbox and now will be interviewing with him. Seems easygoing and you just have to be assertive and know what you want.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It was pretty laidback. I feel that if you walk in there and you know a little about the company and you want to go in the insurance, then this will be a no brainer.

Saint Louis, MO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in June 2010.

Interview Details – I felt very comfortable with the the initial interview with the hiring manager. I was reluctant to get back into the Insurance field, but the name recognition and the interview process changed my mind. Waiting for final interview and I will take the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to get back into the insurance field?   View Answer

Portsmouth, NH

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in May 2010.

Interview Details – I first heard about an information session that Prudential was hosting and decided to attend. When I arrived, I filled out an application and took a skills test that took about 2 hrs. The test consisted of about 50 multiple choice questions, some which were challenging and others which were easy. I then was sent a personality test, and afterwords contacted to come in again. We met in the same group that attended the information session, minus a few people, and further discussed what a career at prudential is like and the hiring process. Afterwords, we were given the 'project 200', which consists of a list of 200 people and their information such as address, telephone number, marital status, number of children, occupation, hobbies, interests, household income, ect. It was very tedious to complete and I was uncomfortable giving some of the information to Prudential. It also consisted of several 'exercises'. This is a 30+ hour project. I then met with the hiring manager, who evaluated my project 200 and asked me a few basic interview questions. I then returned and met with the office manager who did a more extensive interview. I am now waiting to meet with the regional manager, which will be my final interview. If I am offered a job, I will take a drug test before finalizing employment.

Interview Question – Describe an ethical situation you were in and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Prudential