Prudential

Prudential Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

2.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential.

Interviewed after meeting with someone at a networking event. Smooth interview, standard questions. Job involves a lot of sales. They want to see that you are a positive and confident person.

Interview Questions
  • None. Most important question was to explain why you wanted the job/why you wanted to work for prudential.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

It is a presentation like they would give to large groups not personal at all.

Financial Services Representative Interview

interviewed at Prudential in September 2013.

so far just finished online app and waiting for call back from Recruiter from the Pittsburgh Region.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Pretty standard interview questions.Run me through your resume etc... But felt like I was being harassed during the interview to buy life insurance. There is over 4 rounds of "interviews" but stages 3-4 are mostly about convincing you to begin to work for them. I stopped after round 4 because it no longer interested me. You have to pay for all materials associated with obtaining your sales license and will not get reimbursed if you fail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview process outlining the career followed by a personality test and intelligence test.
    Compile a list of 200 names and numbers of friends and family and others including occupation and so on. Then you must pass licensing tests with the state and SEC.
    You have 26 weeks to do this as well has make 5 sales and 5000 of revenue.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions that you would expect. Expect ethics questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Prudential in June 2011.

Got one call from a person in Kansas just as a preliminary. She scheduled me for a 1 on 1 interview with the Tampa hiring manager. The hiring manger made a great presentation with all these promises of financial riches if one works hard enough. They want you to give them 200 contacts and try to sell to them. Its not what you think it is, if you know people with money then you can make some cash quickly but there's too many competing insurance firms and if your customer cancels a policy, then you have to give back your commissions. Its good for people who don't need a constant stream of cash and its a significant initial investment of time and MONEY. Money because you have to pay for your own licensing exams and you have to make a lot of calls and drive to a lot of places to pitch your product. Also, you have to create your own leads, and that takes money.

Interview Questions

It was a commission only job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Prudential in January 2011.

I was called at the office to take two tests and then a follow up 1:1 interview. The tests took 3 hours and after that the recruiter met with me. He went over the test results. If you scored within their hiring range he will let you know and he did. I did well. I was a good fit for their program. Then he explained the process. The individual needs to fill out a form that they call it Project 200. Usually, you suppose to list all your friends and if you can't provide this, there is no further interview. You get disqualified immediately. So, I decided not to write my friends and family names and called the recruiter to let him know that I am not interested in the position anymore.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter did all the talking and I had some questions such as security licenses and so forth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in November 2010.

The interviewing process took a couple weeks - 2 face to face interviews, the first of which included a skill set test. Not a very hard position to obtain, as long as you choose the "common sense" answers on the skills test. They really like enthusiasm, and appreciate those who are able to bring their own clients to the table. They only provide you with 20% of the leads and you're responsible for obtaining the rest. Commission only for the most part....

Interview Questions
    • Are you apart of any social organizations?   View Answer

I'd just graduated from college and all of my "leads" were friends who would've probably been to broke to pay for some life insurance....comission failure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Prudential in July 2010.

Started off with an easy one-on-one interview, just glancing over the highlights of my resume. Then had to complete a skills test, Intelligence test, and a personality test. Even though I failed my personality test (for some reason...) they began to tell me about the job descriptions, pay and work for the first year. After that, I was taken to the interviewer's office, where he told me I had to write down 200 names of people I knew that would need life insurance.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about about a situation you had that proved to be difficult for you?   View Answer

All commission and no base - would result to only 15,000 a year. They withheld about $300-$600 of your paycheck in case you didn't meet commission. Only hired me to get my clients. Too much work for the money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential in May 2010.

The senior financial representative that interviewed me was very easy to talk to, funny, and made me feel very at home. At the time, I thought I was interested in insurance; however, after giving it some thought, I decided that although Prudential is a great company, it wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

Wanted to look for other options.