Prudential

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

Sales Training Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Prudential.

Prudential put me through an in person series of interviews. The HR recruiter told me that I was the only candidate and it turns out, I was one of six candidates for a half day series of interviews. I took a day off from work and drive 4 hours to their Hartford office and stayed over night - they paid for my hotel and meal expenses. The recruiter asked me to do two writing assignments and submit them prior to the interview and do a work style assessment to see if I was a good culture fit. Be careful of companies who ask you to do a written assignment - they are just using you for their own benefit of free work...I worked for three days to make perfect so they would see how competent I am because I thought I was the top candidate and it was the final round of interviews. That was sooo not true.

I met with four people in the department. They seemed nice but none of the four had any sales training experience - I am a seasoned sales training leader and bring deep experience.

They declined me without even progressing me to the next round saying that the person they hired was a sales professional in the industry and they would learn how to do training.

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall any difficult questions just the writing assignments.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in November 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter about another position but I wasn't interested in it. However, established a relationship with the recruiter over several months, which led to my applying for other roles that were a better fit. Phone interview, in person interview in CT and then panel interview in NJ. Assessment exercise was rigorous - took a total of 20 hours to complete, but my goal was to make the deliverable over-the-top so that it would stand out. I had to present it to a panel.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were standard. The most challenging part of the process was the assessment exercise. I was surprised by the breadth of it's scope - write a comms plan and present it - for the launch of six deliverables (listed in the exercise overview given to me) throughout the year. Putting a comms plan together is easy for me - it's what I do. However, I had to research each product and was not familiar with specific comms channels within the company. It was an extremely time consuming exercise taking a cumulative 20 hours to complete. I admit to going over-the-top with it - but I really wanted the job and my goal was to hit it out of the park. Later, I learned that they were beyond impressed with it, so my hard work truly paid off. No other candidate went into the detail that I did. My mock comms plan was about 25 pages; other candidate's mock comms plans were sometimes 2 pages and very high level.   View Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential in April 2013.

The interview process was very long - a phone interview, two different panel interviews (weeks apart), another phone interview, and then an offer. This spanned about 3 months. The hiring team was very friendly and couldn't have been more thorough and helpful throughout the process. After each step they contacted me frequently to keep me updated on the process.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly broad questions about how different situations would be handled versus technical questions about the specific work. They seemed to be analyzing my mentality - whether I had a positive, hardworking, and team focused outlook - versus my actual experience. They are very good with offering training sessions for associates so it is understandable that they were so focused on the mentality more so than direct experience.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Prudential in February 2012.

Applied for the job online and then a month later received a e-mail stating they wanted to bring me in for an interview. Went in for the interview and met with the director and manager of the position. Interview went well with the director. She praised Prudential as a good company to work for and was very interested. Manager was not so enthusiastic and very hard to read. After a week, I called the HR representative and did not get so I left a message, I called back three days later and did not reach him. After another week I emailed him and no response. I kinda figured I did not get the job. A friend of mine who work on the floor informed me that they went with someone in house. After a another week, I received a email from the HR rep stating they went with another person.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential in January 2011.

Everyone interviewed with was extremely genuine and welcoming. Some people read from interview question lists, but the main manager looked more into the person as a proper fit to the team and the work. The process took longer than expected, multiple rounds, though with many of the same people. The decision process went 3 months after the initial date given.

Interview Questions
    • What is your reason for leaving your current company / position.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate sign on bonus

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in August 2010.

Great in person interview experience. General questions about why you would like to work there and specific past customer service experiences you have had. Example: Name a time you had to deal with an upset customer and what did you do to resolve the issue?

Interview Questions
    • How have you resolved conflict in a previous work experience?   Answer Question
    No real negotiation.

Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in May 2010.

A good interview with the Office Manager. I also interviewed with other companies and felt that Prudential gave the most opportunities. I realized it was the right move for me.

Interview Questions
    Good, there was some leeway

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential in March 2009.

My interview was barely an interview. I had only one short interview and I got in. They basically want to know that you are motivated and willing to put in effort to make money for their compnay.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They were all very basic..like "Why do you think you would be a good fit for our company?"   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate much regarding compensation. There really isn't much room for negotiation when you start. They are a big company and have set rules on compensation.