Prudential

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward, Interviewed once at school, they asked strictly behavioral question. Final round interview more industry and market based. Make sure you know about fixed income and bonds

Real Estate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prudential.

Long process, up to three different rounds of interviews. First round isn't terrible, but second round is a mix of regional colleges. Then final round is a super day with up to eight different interviews.

PCG Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in October 2014.

Applied through target school. A lot of behavioral questions and a few technicals. I had to submit a writing sample after my interview and was notified a day later for superday. Super day is two days, one for dinner and presentation, and the next has a written test and interviews all day. Pretty technical and accounting focused.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to invest in debt, what statements would you look at, what items on the statements and why? Walk me through the Cash flow statement.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in October 2014.

process was 3 weeks, wanted the project 200 so they could figure out potential clients. promoting themselves way to much. I felt they were trying to get as many people to fill position. my buddy from college was offered as well he turned it down as well

Interview Questions

dont feel comfortable asking friends and family to purchase policys form me. also fully commission. not fully full time for 6 months.

Operations Associate Interview

It’s easy to find the interview place. 4 people interviewed me one by one. Every one lasted for 30 minutes. Very nice people and relax interview process. Easy questions like what are your strengthens and weakness, tell me about yourself and what was your favorite and least favorite class you've taken..

STD Claims Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Prudential.

Called for a phone interview first and then an on site interview. Was a basic interview and very easy questions. Phone interview lasted about 5 minutes and interview about 30m. Was made an offer while driving home from the interview.

Interview Questions
    • basic interview questions such as: name a time you had to give unfavorable news and how did you overcome this.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Agent Interview

Group Hiring Process. A lot of time selling the company. Utilized a screening software to determine if someone was aggressive enough. Everyone was very cordial and high energy. The Interviewer did make a point to everyone to discuss this opportunity with their spouse and how important it was for a total commitment. Also indicated that there was about a 90% drop out rate within a year.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the financial backing for the building phase.   Answer Question

No Salary and did not have monies set aside for the building process

Sales Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Prudential.

Prudential put me through an in person series of interviews. The HR recruiter told me that I was the only candidate and it turns out, I was one of six candidates for a half day series of interviews. I took a day off from work and drive 4 hours to their Hartford office and stayed over night - they paid for my hotel and meal expenses. The recruiter asked me to do two writing assignments and submit them prior to the interview and do a work style assessment to see if I was a good culture fit. Be careful of companies who ask you to do a written assignment - they are just using you for their own benefit of free work...I worked for three days to make perfect so they would see how competent I am because I thought I was the top candidate and it was the final round of interviews. That was sooo not true.

I met with four people in the department. They seemed nice but none of the four had any sales training experience - I am a seasoned sales training leader and bring deep experience.

They declined me without even progressing me to the next round saying that the person they hired was a sales professional in the industry and they would learn how to do training.

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall any difficult questions just the writing assignments.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Interviewed on campus originally where I was asked about general behavioral questions. We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on some of my resume points. Later we had a random discussion about an online website I used and how his wife and son were addicted to the same site. I didn't hear back for like 3 weeks and then received a call to come in the next day. The on site interview was two 30min interviews with two people at the time. The next day I got the offer. Never had a technical question.

None

Senior Associate, Actuarial Interview

one round of phone interview, on site interview with 5 people. Better to get internal referral to increase the success rate. Interview is half half on behavior question and technical questions.