Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.7

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Scranton, PA).

Interview

I was interviewed by three other managers for a manager position. I was dissapointed that no director or VP was present. Neither manager described the actual job. It was very generic and I was over qualified based and much more professional than the actual interviewers

Interview Questions

• All generic questions. As a current manager, I could have just interviewed myself for the job.   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

On Campus Interview for Round 1 - one on one interview
    Called in for second round months later at Newark NJ Washington building for round 2
    2 sets of interviews for round 2 - first with two GBTS employees and three HR employees

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked with people to accomplish a goal   1 Answer
    • Do you have any special skills that you think we should know about   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Just an offer that I accepted

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I applied on-line. Several months later a recruiter asked for some time to discuss the role. When the time came for the call the phone never rang. Called the recruiter: no answer. Emailed the recruiter, no response. After 2 days I sent a follow up email. The response: "Sorry for the confusion. I just learned we are moving forward with some other candidates we have in the mix.". No apology for not calling or not getting back to me.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked beyond what's a good time to call.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential in June 2015.

Interview

The interview started off with light conversation after which you were asked to talk about yourself and your resume. The recruiter was really good at speaking and talked about the job, opportunity for career growth, and the next interviews. He really sold me on this job and made me feel pretty comfortable during the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Prudential (Somerset, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through email to see if I was interested in the position. After a brief phone call to explain the job, you will need to complete a 88 question personality test. Get use to this type of test as it seems to be everywhere. After passing it, you will go in for an in person interview as well as take an aptitude test regarding logic and basic math knowledge. Test can take between an hour to two. The actual interview was actually very pleasant and I enjoyed the lecture. It really made me feel like I was back in school. Basically a review of the job, the requirements and if your a good match. Knowing 200 people for your target will be needed or it will be toough.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential (Shelton, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online ,HR recruiter called me about a week later. Very easy phone interview with recruiter. A few weeks later a phone interview with the hiring manager. 2 weeks after that i was brought in for a series of 5 face to face or phone interviews on site. None of the questions were difficult at all. What I found amusing was it seemed HR printed up behavioral questions for the interviewer to ask me. During one session the interviewer handed me the questions and just had me read it out loud and then answer the question. All in all each of the interviewers was very cordial and personable.
    One thing I did not like was that each interviews allotted time was 30 min and not a second more,on a few occasions i was cutoff mid sentence when the interviewer said. "Times Up!".

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you took an unpopular course of action and had to convince the broader team it was the right way to proceed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

Was given a phone interview by a person who gave a referral for me and was given about 4 interviews over the phone to make sure I was a good fit. Went in and talked to the secretary who asked me basic questions then led me to the district managers office where he went into detail of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I would be a good fit and what I had to offer.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Met in person and asked a couple of basic questions (what do I know about Prudential, etc), probably to gauge how I sound over the phone since the job is basically a (tele)marketing assistant with some administrative work. Came in another night to watch someone who worked as a marketing assistant to see how a call might go, and then tried it myself another night. Scored a couple of appointments and got hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Prudential?
      How are your phone skills?

Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moosic, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Prudential (Moosic, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Saw a job posting online, applied and within 15 minutes I was called and asked to fill out an 88 questioned questionnaire. After being told I passed, I went in for an interview a couple of days later. They gave me a tour, sat me down saying you can do this, this, and this, and be this successful. Met one or two people and was basically told I have the job as soon as they submit the papers.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you think a typical day will be like.   1 Answer

The whole thing seems rather shady. First, you need over a grand to pay for your own licenses and background checks with no guarantee you get the job. Also, they want you to sell to all of your friends and family. Basically, the entire position is based around commissions and if you can't sell, you're out. They kept saying I could be a millionaire, there are millionaires that work here. I don't trust anyone trying that hard for a sell just to get someone to work there.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Prudential (Brick, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

For my first time meeting with them, I walked in, we sat down and I was asked a few basic interview questions. Then they had me take an hour long test. It was math based with a little common sense mixed in. Many, if not most, of the questions seemed to have 2 correct answers. Overall the test was fairly easy, I passed. Then once the interviewer had seen I passed the test, she went on with the interview process and asked other questions.
    The only thing I didn't like is that I was told that I was just coming to take a test and to do the first part of the interview. Then once I got there they changed their mind and said, "actually let's do all of the interview right now". I didn't feel prepared for that. So, warning, just be prepared.
    Also, I didn't like that the position was more focused on sales than actually advising. It was more about selling their insurance, that's more so how you make your money.