Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

You will meet with multiple people in one day when you come to interview. They typically all try to speak with you for the same amount of time, however that can change as the interview goes on. Some teams will require a second round of interviews with multiple people, however if you are doing well, they will pull in upper management to get a feel for you that day to speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this job? Why do you think you would be a fit on the team?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was sent a recruiting email so I then applied online. I received a call asking if I would take a skills assessment. It ended up being an 88 question online test I did from home. They called me in for an interview after that. It was a one hour sales pitch to try and get me to join up with them. To get to the next level I was required to turn in 200 contacts with their name, age, income, ect. That is when I decided this "profession" as the interviewer kept calling it was not for me.

Interview Questions

• Could I support my myself just on my husband's income or were we dependent on two incomes?   Answer Question
    • Who did I know and what were my "networks" like?   Answer Question

I believe that they probably offer most people "the job" because you have 23 weeks to gain 3 certifications then bring in $7500 in revenue to be part of their "team." This is pulling from your own network. They do not give you any existing clients to work with.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

3 stages. 1st is one on one with the recruiting manager. Second stage is a group interview they say it's to save time. It's mostly an introduction to the company and a short video on how NOT to sell. Third and final stage is to meet with the manager of the that branch. Standard one two three

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in sales Why do you think you're a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Grants Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was very quick. The person who interviewed me was clearly not interested from the beginning. They hired internally so my interview was a formality. The office didn't seem like a great fit for me, either. It seemed "stuffy."

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential in August 2015.

Interview

Agency Recruiting Manager found my resume on Monster and contacted me. I applied for the position on line. The Recruiting Manager discussed the position with me on phone. Cleared online personality test. Interview with the Managing Director of the group was fixed and confirmed. On the interview date fixed I went to the venue. The MD was reported to be out of town. Instead, the Recruiting Manager 'interviewed' me. I would have expected them to inform me before hand that the MD is unavailable. The interview experience was positive. The Recruiter informed that a formal interview with MD will be fixed shortly.

Interview Questions

• The discussion with the Agency Recruiting Manage was easy and positive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (White Plains, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I arrived at White Plains, made my way upstairs and joined a few potential candidates in the presentation room. The presentation was interactive in that the presenter would ask us questions throughout. The presentation does take a little long but it feels a bit like orientation at a new job and they teach you about the process that is required to become an official FPA. After the presentation we were split into groups of two to speak with a Prudential professional. That second meeting took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to answer any questions that we had rather than bombard us with questions. They will ask a few questions based off of the information on your resume to get a better understanding of you.   1 Answer

Just not for me. I also considered the cost of training materials, the small gap of time in which they wanted the business plan and the fact that it was a sales/commission job. If this is truly your path the whole process should be a walk in the park.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Prudential (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Presentation by one of the managers. The presentation gave an insight in the training and job of a Financial Professional. Details about the different types of Commission and benefits were given.

Annuities Customer Service Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Dresher, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position on August 5th. On August 6th I received an email from an HR recruiter requesting to speak with me for a telephone interview. The telephone interview was scheduled for the 10th. I spoke with the representative briefly about why I was interested in the company and in the position. After the conversation I was sent an assessment to take. I took the assessment on the same day. On the 12th I was sent another email requesting for a face to face interview on site at the Prudential office in Dresher, PA. The interview was scheduled for the 14th. The interview went very well in my opinion. I was asked specific questions related to customer service and my work experience. The initial interview was with one manager and one associate manager. After they excused themselves from the interview another associate came in to ask some additional questions. The following Thursday which was Aug. 20th I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a time when you solicited feedback from your supervisor, and how did you use it to improve your work? Q: Can you tell me a time when you had a customer that you could not help? Q: How do you handle being given several assignments at once? Q: Can you tell me your 3 strengths? 3 weaknesses?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

After having a phone interview with the hiring manager I was invited to the office to speak to seven other individuals. Each staff member asked nearly the same questions with a few variations.

Manager, Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (White Plains, NY).

Interview

What a waste of time. 4 interviews a background check then spent hours putting together an awesome marketing plan. All to be declined the offer. In the end I believe it was because there is too much risk with the comp plan. You get paid a decent salary the first year but then it gets reduced to a tiny base pay. A heck no situation.