Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.7

Real Estate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prudential.

Long process, up to three different rounds of interviews. First round isn't terrible, but second round is a mix of regional colleges. Then final round is a super day with up to eight different interviews.

PCG Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in October 2014.

Applied through target school. A lot of behavioral questions and a few technicals. I had to submit a writing sample after my interview and was notified a day later for superday. Super day is two days, one for dinner and presentation, and the next has a written test and interviews all day. Pretty technical and accounting focused.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to invest in debt, what statements would you look at, what items on the statements and why? Walk me through the Cash flow statement.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

It’s easy to find the interview place. 4 people interviewed me one by one. Every one lasted for 30 minutes. Very nice people and relax interview process. Easy questions like what are your strengthens and weakness, tell me about yourself and what was your favorite and least favorite class you've taken..

STD Claims Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Prudential.

Called for a phone interview first and then an on site interview. Was a basic interview and very easy questions. Phone interview lasted about 5 minutes and interview about 30m. Was made an offer while driving home from the interview.

Interview Questions
    • basic interview questions such as: name a time you had to give unfavorable news and how did you overcome this.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Agent Interview

Group Hiring Process. A lot of time selling the company. Utilized a screening software to determine if someone was aggressive enough. Everyone was very cordial and high energy. The Interviewer did make a point to everyone to discuss this opportunity with their spouse and how important it was for a total commitment. Also indicated that there was about a 90% drop out rate within a year.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the financial backing for the building phase.   Answer Question

No Salary and did not have monies set aside for the building process

Sales Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Prudential.

Prudential put me through an in person series of interviews. The HR recruiter told me that I was the only candidate and it turns out, I was one of six candidates for a half day series of interviews. I took a day off from work and drive 4 hours to their Hartford office and stayed over night - they paid for my hotel and meal expenses. The recruiter asked me to do two writing assignments and submit them prior to the interview and do a work style assessment to see if I was a good culture fit. Be careful of companies who ask you to do a written assignment - they are just using you for their own benefit of free work...I worked for three days to make perfect so they would see how competent I am because I thought I was the top candidate and it was the final round of interviews. That was sooo not true.

I met with four people in the department. They seemed nice but none of the four had any sales training experience - I am a seasoned sales training leader and bring deep experience.

They declined me without even progressing me to the next round saying that the person they hired was a sales professional in the industry and they would learn how to do training.

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall any difficult questions just the writing assignments.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Interviewed on campus originally where I was asked about general behavioral questions. We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on some of my resume points. Later we had a random discussion about an online website I used and how his wife and son were addicted to the same site. I didn't hear back for like 3 weeks and then received a call to come in the next day. The on site interview was two 30min interviews with two people at the time. The next day I got the offer. Never had a technical question.

None

Senior Associate, Actuarial Interview

one round of phone interview, on site interview with 5 people. Better to get internal referral to increase the success rate. Interview is half half on behavior question and technical questions.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

They found me through an external job board site. Said they wanted to schedule an interview after completing a series of questionnaires, two to be exact, to see if I was suited for the job and their company. Filled it out. Went to the interview. They talked more than I did. The only questions they asked were how big was my network in Los Angeles and if I could leverage that network to sell their product, life insurance. All commissioned based salary. Said I had to pay for certification and some additional schooling, etc. They were nice enough, but from what I could tell, they were trying to sell themselves more than I was and from what it seemed, they were more interested in tapping my social network, ie my friends and family, to sell them life insurance.

Interview Questions
    • How large is your network in Los Angeles? And could you sell them our policies?   View Answer

Didn't want to sell insurance to my friends and family. And the salary was totally commissioned based. Didn't seem like a wise choice to follow through

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the HR for a 15 mins phone screening. The HR sent me a link for logical and personal assessment. Then I was invited for in person interview and met with senior analyst, director and two principals 30mins each. A week and half was invited for final round and met the managing director for 30 mins. No response for over two weeks after the final interview and I followed up several times with the HR but still no feedback at all... I will have to assume that I didn't get the offer.