Prudential

Relevance Date Difficulty

Life Product Specialist Interview

Life Product Specialist
Plymouth, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – I applied and was asked several days later to do some additional testing. Included some fast paced coding questions, a mock calling portion, and a personality assessment.

Interview Question – The most difficult portion was the coding. Had 20 minutes to answer 10 questions that required table reading and code interpretation. I found it difficult because the position was supposed to be entry-level.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

N/A

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Generic interview process. Internal hiring makes it difficult to obtain perm. employment. No surprises. Very friendly yet professional. Standard security and escort procedure. Interviewed by 3 execs and spoke with 2 admins.

Manager of Financial Services Interview

Manager of Financial Services

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Typically 3-5 interviews with territory management and local management. Some are very structured asking about past experience, most are more focused on current skills and vision. They also have you do a variety of background and drug tests to make sure your not a criminal which I guess is good. Although the education and employment verification process is very slow.

Interview Question – How will you focus on hiring a diverse team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, they only offer you 1 option and you either take it or leave it. There is no transition money given either which can be very difficult if moving from another company.

Disability Case Manager Interview

Disability Case Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Your are not provided correct information on work loads. Salary lower than other companies . Advised of promotional opportunities that never seem to be viable after starting. They are not honest about processes/procedures.

Negotiation Details – they did not negotiate

Financial Reporting Associate Interview

Financial Reporting Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview, interviewer showed up late, 4 people interviewed me for 3 1/2 hours straight, no breaks or water, mostly ask typical behavioral questions though.

Interview Question – Was asked to decipher and provide details about an excel spreadsheet that was presented before me.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – The total process took a little over 4 months from the time I initially applied until I started. I only interviewed once and really didn't hear anything until I received a call asking if I was still available. The interview lasted for about an hour or so. I was interviewed by two people.

Negotiation Details – Ask what the market range is for the position. I received what I wanted, but realized that I should have requested more.

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting began in the fall with with a company presentation and networking event. Following the networking event, on campus interviews took place in January. Pru sent an associate to campus to conduct the interviews who seemed to really care about their position. Few technical questions, mostly fit questions.

Interview Question – The technical questions followed the typical, explain how $10 of depreciation flows through the 3 statements and walk me through a DCF model format.   Answer Question

Actuarial Associate Interview

Actuarial Associate

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – Phone interview given by a nice HR. Take me 2 weeks to receive it. About 20 mins. Mostly went through the resume and some behavioral questions, say group project experience or teamwork experience. Receive the notification for onsite interview at the next day. The onsite one will be given by 5 actuaries and 1 product manager, which sounds quite tough.

Interview Question – No, quite normal   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Financial Professional Associate
Downers Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential in March 2014.

Interview Details – They are very friendly but it is completely commission. Personally, I didn't really mind that is completely commission. But, I really did not like how you have to sell to your family and friends. They were extremely competitive in selling life insurance. It wasn't a good fit for me. Also, you have to pass a bunch of tests before you even work. Essentially, to work for Prudential you need to be all in from the start which is a big commitment from a company that doesn't offer you everything from the start.

Interview Question – Nothing really. What do you look for in a company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to sell life insurance to my family and friends.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Financial Professional Associate
Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

Interview Details – They had me take an online personality test to see if I was suited for a sales job. During the interview they were most interested in whether or not I knew a lot of high net-worth individuals who could become my clients. They were also interested in whether I was a good networker.

Interview Question – How will you build your book of business?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because they'd sponsor me for a Series 6 license to sell mutual funds, and I want a Series 7 license to also be able to sell individual stocks.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!