Prudential

2.7

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Prudential.

Asked to apply from my universities recruiting page. First interview was on campus and very technical, but it varies depending on the person. About a week later I received note that I was selected for a second interview with Prudential's capital group. They flew me to Chicago for a night and took very good care of me. The second interview consisted of 5 interviews at their office. Great experience overall.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Prudential in February 2015.

The interview was brief but informative. Benefits were discussed and we talked about what kind of work I would be doing. The interview was a breeze with no difficult questions asked and it seemed that they had already decided to hire me before I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about our products   View Answer

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

This was fairly quick . I enjoyed that they wanted to know more about me . The interview first on the phone which takes about 30 min and they checked on my background . Then I had a group interview which they explained the position and the history of the company . I like how they welcomed me with open arms

Interview Questions
    Salary was exceptional for no experience

Financial Services Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Prudential.

Applied online. After applying online I received interview phone call then after all of that I received an in-person interview. Everyone was very pleasant. Seems like a great company to work for.

Team Leader Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

3 interviews during 2 week period in 1998, panel and 1-on-1. Panel interviews were a surprise. Then individual. Questions were analytical and situational. Background info on tech then more on analytical skills.

Business Systems Architect Interview

Applied online. Quick phone interview first, then (if all goes well) face-to-face. Back for two face to face with multiple team members. Environment seemed casual and easy going.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based interview...tell me about your biggest failure...tell me about how you handled not hitting an extremely important dedline.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

It was a pretty short process. You first met with an hiring manager and the interview was more like a conversation. You then had to do your top 200 people that you can contact to start your business. Make sure you have close to 200 even if they are not potential customers. Then you meet the division manager and you get a background check.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

One is talking with you. Another one is sitting nearby. Firstly, some general questions like why us, tell me about yourself, what's your major, why this major,etc.. Secondly, some background checking like your visa status and some working experience discussion. thirdly, open ended questions. such as how to connect with a client who rejected you once before.

Manager, Information Systems Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in January 2015.

Had multiple interviews with this company progressing through various stages. Interviews went well. Started with applying online, then followed by a phone call from a recruiter, scheduled the call, went through the initial screening process, then call with the hiring manager.

Asked the standard questions which went easily, then progressed to a second more comprehensive phone interview. Had alot of gotcha type questions but overall the feedback was good, kept scheduling and rescheduling follow up meetings and suddenly zero follow up or feed back. At the same time getting calls from them about other departments and kept interviewing.

This company never gives follow up and they take months to progress through anything. The lack of follow up is epic, and they quite frankly can't make basic decisions probably due to a lack of clarity on what exactly they're looking for. Definitely not a great interview process and not recommended if you're looking for a company with a culture that's welcoming.

Overall I think this company is behind the curve, but great practice while you're actively interviewing with other companies. Chances are you will have other offers before anyone bothers to follow up with you....that's if they bother to.

Interview Questions
    • What root cause analysis tools or process unique to your employer were you guys using? I thought this was ridiculous because no company would want you divulging their business processes. The interviewer should know better then to ask such question.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analysis Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in January 2015.

1.Applied online
    2.Received e-mail with 25 behavioral questions (limited time).
    3.Received e-mail stating prudential was interested in providing me an interview.

Two managers interviewed me. They were very nice and and made me feel comfortable to answering all questions. No intimidation at all. After 23 days, i received a call and was told the position was given to someone else.

Interview Questions
    • biggest weakness? what have you sold in the past? how do you feel working in an area with a many cultural differences? tell me about you? what skills you want to develop?   Answer Question