Prudential Interview Questions

2.7

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Prudential in December 2012.

had 4 interviews in 2 months. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Interview with person on skype. I didn't know if the camera was on at one point. I was nervous enough without adding cameras to it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Phone Interview - Surprised with multiple people on the other end - Conference style

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in November 2012.

First interview was on-site at my campus, second round was at their headquarters in Newark, NJ. Process seemed very organized throughout and it looks like a program that can give you a lot of hands-on experience. The second round interview consisted of 2 separate interviews by employees, the first round was just one.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time that you experienced difficulty motivating a team member and what did you do?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. Personality Assessment
    3. First Round Interview
    4. Skill Test - Math, English and detailed personality assessment
    5. Second Round Interview (Final)

Investment Operation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Prudential in October 2013.

The recruiter contacted me the day before interview and scheduled the next day. There was miss-communication between HR and interviewer. Nobody from the department knew that they have been scheduled for an interview with me. It was embarrass at first, but then they had 3 people interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • 3 interviewers take their turn to interview. One of them asked me many interesting questions. Although the questions were hard and out of my expectation, I had learned some experience. Those questions focus on the negative side such as "any goal that you did not achieve?", " what did you do when you got a bad grade?", "Have you have any difficult decision that you had to make a choice?"....   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

interviewed at Prudential in November 2012.

individual and group interview, question about strength and weaknesses, group discussion and some techical question

Life Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

The most invasive process I've ever participated. You must open your financial and personal life for them. Some people have your house inspected.

Interview Questions
    • The manager told me I didn't have material accomplishments and that was an issue.   View Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in November 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter about another position but I wasn't interested in it. However, established a relationship with the recruiter over several months, which led to my applying for other roles that were a better fit. Phone interview, in person interview in CT and then panel interview in NJ. Assessment exercise was rigorous - took a total of 20 hours to complete, but my goal was to make the deliverable over-the-top so that it would stand out. I had to present it to a panel.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were standard. The most challenging part of the process was the assessment exercise. I was surprised by the breadth of it's scope - write a comms plan and present it - for the launch of six deliverables (listed in the exercise overview given to me) throughout the year. Putting a comms plan together is easy for me - it's what I do. However, I had to research each product and was not familiar with specific comms channels within the company. It was an extremely time consuming exercise taking a cumulative 20 hours to complete. I admit to going over-the-top with it - but I really wanted the job and my goal was to hit it out of the park. Later, I learned that they were beyond impressed with it, so my hard work truly paid off. No other candidate went into the detail that I did. My mock comms plan was about 25 pages; other candidate's mock comms plans were sometimes 2 pages and very high level.   View Answer

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

Got an interview with this company because my brother's co-worker worked for the manager of this (Jackson, MS) office. The interviewer was well put together, and extremely personable. Some concerns though were that I never had much time to respond to questions nor did I feel like I had time to talk in general. The interviewer was very good at trying to persuade you to really look hard at accepting the position with the company.

Overall, the interview was a little overwhelming at first, but soon, it was okay. Be prepared to answer questions about the services Prudential offers as well as some other questions based on your personality (are you personable, are you an introvert/extrovert).

Interview Questions
    • If you were to enter an elevator and there were 9 other people in the elevator, what would you do?   View Answers (2)

The job is all commission. Or at least, the job offer I got was. At this point in my life, that was too big of a risk for me.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential in February 2014.

I applied through school career website and had on-campus interview after about a month. It took me only 2 weeks for first interview, and asked me about basic questions regarding my resume and experiences. Also, they asked me 5 behavioral questions, it was pretty hard questions to answer unless prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a specific situation and asked me to solve the problem from the view of different roles such as project manager, new employee, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!