Prudential

294 candidate interviews

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Financial Professional Associate
Paramus, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Marketing Associate at Prudential regarding a Financial Professional Associate position from the Paramus NJ office. My initial conversation was pleasant and I asked several questions particularly about compensation. I was told there was a base of $22k given for the first year with commissions and bonuses on top of that. I was given an online assessment test which I completed. The next day I was contacted by the agency recruiter who scheduled a face to face interview. The interview went very well and once again I asked several questions regarding the compensation plan. I was told there was a supplemental income base of $22k given the first year as well as commissions and bonus income. I felt there was a basis to move forward and was told to come back fo second interview with one of the sales managers. Here's where it turns ugly. When I arrived at the interview I met with the manager and proceeded to have discussions about the position. When compensation was discussed, I was told something completely different from the previous two prudential employees. I was told there is a supplemental base income of $12k the first year with bonuses and commissions on top of that. My initial response was why was I told the base was $22k the first year and not $12k? I was told that both the Marketing Associate and Agency Recruiter did not explain the compensation properly. At this point I felt this was nothing more than a bait and switch. I was very confused as to why I was told the same exact compensation figure from two different employees of the bank responsible for hiring, and yet I was given an entirely different compensation figure almost half as much by the sales manager. I told the manager that this was a bait and switch scam designed to mislead and deceive job candidates and that this was a very deceptive practice. I can't enter into a working relationship for a company who uses such misleading and deceptive practices in order to lure unsuspecting job candidates into their office. The job market is tough enough out there and no one should have their time wasted and be deceived. Interview at this company at your own risk.

Summer Investment Analyst Interview

Summer Investment Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – First round screening call with 2 analysts/associates. Typically more senior level people (i.e.-principals) will be on mute listening into the call as well.

Second round has multiple rounds of 1-on-1 interviews with associates and principals.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the debt side?   Answer Question

Rotation Associate - Fixed Income Operations Interview

Rotation Associate - Fixed Income Operations

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Interview through University of Delaware Career Services, basic fit questions

Interview Question – Why are you attracted to fixed income   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not an Ops guy

Financial Services Associate Interview

Financial Services Associate

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – Not an interview. The interviewer just tells you about the job and how they want you to come work for them. They tell you that you can make 140k in your first year.

Interview Question – Why did you apply?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Managing Broker Interview

Managing Broker

I applied through other source and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Have a business plan in mind and written down to give to your interviewer-you will be an independent contractor and you will be responsible for creating this anyway, so have it ready at the interview and you will be one step ahead of the game

Interview Question – How will you get your first commission   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This really is not applicable because I have been with the company for almost 20 years now

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – the recruiter took a very long time to call me back. it was more like a conversation, not very professional

Interview Question – experiences related to insurance   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Investment Operations Associate

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – The first round interview on campus. Easy-going and conversational interview. Got a call back from HR for the second round. The second round was in the office. Got to sit down with different levels of people from the department. More technical questions this round but still very easy-going. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Question – How will your prior experience help you in this role?   Answer Question

Realtor Associate Interview

Realtor Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – The company will hire inexperienced as well as experienced agents. The training is very good and will help to relative success.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty easy and laid back, even though they made it seem difficult. THe first one was a one on one with the basic questions and a math test. After that i was asked back to another interview with 3 people who asked behavioral type questions. The 3rd interview was with the manager of the branch, who are the end offered me the position.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were an allstar   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Financial Professional Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter, we set up a phone interview. Mostly it was just explaining my background and them talking about the position in detail. We then scheduled a meet and greet interview for the location nearest to me. Went in for an interview, generally simple questions and more explanation about the position. Had to complete long form questions online, then a project 200 assignment. Didn't really want to do the project 200, since it involves me selling products and services to people I know. This is how you get started first, before they provide you with clients. I decided that i did not want to continue on with the application process or third round interview. If you do not mind this, then by all means try for this position. If you put in the time and long hours, you can probably make decent money from premiums.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!