Prudential

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential in August 2014.

I applied online. The recruiter called me a month later for a phone interview that lasted 20 minutes. I went in for half the day to meet with the VP, and two directors along with an executive assistant. They each went through my resume. They never got back to me about the position. No standard email letting me know the position has been filled. No phone call. Nothing.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in October 2014.

process was 3 weeks, wanted the project 200 so they could figure out potential clients. promoting themselves way to much. I felt they were trying to get as many people to fill position. my buddy from college was offered as well he turned it down as well

Interview Questions

dont feel comfortable asking friends and family to purchase policys form me. also fully commission. not fully full time for 6 months.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in June 2013.

Contacted a recruiter through an employee referral. Process took about one month. Interviewed with recruiter then agency trainer. Required to take an aptitude test which was not too difficult. Called back for another interview with a sales manager. Called back again for another interview with the Managing Director and the Compliance manager. Easy process, just takes a long time. They want to find out if you are able to build a market of clients and effectively reach them.

Interview Questions
    • What would your (insert closest person to you) say if I asked them to give me three words to describe you.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward, Interviewed once at school, they asked strictly behavioral question. Final round interview more industry and market based. Make sure you know about fixed income and bonds

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

I applied on July and I got the call two weeks later for a phone interview. The same day I received an invitation for a face-to-face interview for the following week. The interview was very easy and most behavioral and situational questions. They wanted to know if you will be a good fit in the team. But don't trust the job description and required skills, those are too vague and in the interview they will tell you. Be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about fixed income knowledge however it was not a skill required in the job description but they were looking for someone with those skills.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the HR for a 15 mins phone screening. The HR sent me a link for logical and personal assessment. Then I was invited for in person interview and met with senior analyst, director and two principals 30mins each. A week and half was invited for final round and met the managing director for 30 mins. No response for over two weeks after the final interview and I followed up several times with the HR but still no feedback at all... I will have to assume that I didn't get the offer.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prudential.

Long process, up to three different rounds of interviews. First round isn't terrible, but second round is a mix of regional colleges. Then final round is a super day with up to eight different interviews.

PCG Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in October 2014.

Applied through target school. A lot of behavioral questions and a few technicals. I had to submit a writing sample after my interview and was notified a day later for superday. Super day is two days, one for dinner and presentation, and the next has a written test and interviews all day. Pretty technical and accounting focused.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to invest in debt, what statements would you look at, what items on the statements and why? Walk me through the Cash flow statement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

They found me through an external job board site. Said they wanted to schedule an interview after completing a series of questionnaires, two to be exact, to see if I was suited for the job and their company. Filled it out. Went to the interview. They talked more than I did. The only questions they asked were how big was my network in Los Angeles and if I could leverage that network to sell their product, life insurance. All commissioned based salary. Said I had to pay for certification and some additional schooling, etc. They were nice enough, but from what I could tell, they were trying to sell themselves more than I was and from what it seemed, they were more interested in tapping my social network, ie my friends and family, to sell them life insurance.

Interview Questions
    • How large is your network in Los Angeles? And could you sell them our policies?   View Answer

Didn't want to sell insurance to my friends and family. And the salary was totally commissioned based. Didn't seem like a wise choice to follow through

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

Most of the questions were directed to find out what type of character you have. They will ask you questions about your biggest challenges, as well as how you over came them. Not many technical questions to worry about, at least in the CT annuities branch. Prudential was willing to build me from the ground up and learn their strategies.

Interview Questions
    • There were not difficult questions, one question to think about is your biggest project that had involved a group.   Answer Question