Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

Was given a phone interview by a person who gave a referral for me and was given about 4 interviews over the phone to make sure I was a good fit. Went in and talked to the secretary who asked me basic questions then led me to the district managers office where he went into detail of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I would be a good fit and what I had to offer.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Met in person and asked a couple of basic questions (what do I know about Prudential, etc), probably to gauge how I sound over the phone since the job is basically a (tele)marketing assistant with some administrative work. Came in another night to watch someone who worked as a marketing assistant to see how a call might go, and then tried it myself another night. Scored a couple of appointments and got hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Prudential? How are your phone skills?   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Prudential (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Was very thorough in what they expected. I was asked what I knew about the company. I had an introduction to the many things they offer besides life insurance. I was also briefed on the many services they do offer annuities, and others

Interview Questions

• Work experience, how well I knew the company, sales background   Answer Question

Because it was a straight commission job and I did not want to work for commission only.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Prudential (Brick, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

For my first time meeting with them, I walked in, we sat down and I was asked a few basic interview questions. Then they had me take an hour long test. It was math based with a little common sense mixed in. Many, if not most, of the questions seemed to have 2 correct answers. Overall the test was fairly easy, I passed. Then once the interviewer had seen I passed the test, she went on with the interview process and asked other questions. The only thing I didn't like is that I was told that I was just coming to take a test and to do the first part of the interview. Then once I got there they changed their mind and said, "actually let's do all of the interview right now". I didn't feel prepared for that. So, warning, just be prepared. Also, I didn't like that the position was more focused on sales than actually advising. It was more about selling their insurance, that's more so how you make your money.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential in May 2015.

Interview

It's a 30 minutes phone interview. Self introduction is required of course. Then the main content is go through resume. But the interviewer went deep into responsibilities of previous jobs. I was tested for some statistics questions too. I didn't clearly expressed some points and I think that's why I didn't go yo next step.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was good. He took time to establish the ground. initial questions were more of behavioral in nature, followed by a couple of technical questions. There were about 4 interview rounds. one technical ( lasted for about an hour) and others were more towards behavioral questions / background / business.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential in May 2015.

Summer Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Prudential (New York, NY).

Interview

Friendly and straight-forward procedure. Good interview process with the recruiter and hiring managers, a bit uninspired at times but thorough, fun, and no pressure. They really care about hiring someone who wants to be part of the culture as well. Great pay offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

This process took a long time, it took more than 2 weeks after I applied. The interviewer talked a lot about this position and their company before asking questions. Interview questions were pretty straightforward. Questions were about sale and working experience, and how you well sale the financial products if you get a job like this.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

First I was screened by Human Resources person. This was a low pressure step where the HR person was just asking simple questions to be sure that the candidate meets the minimum requirements given by hiring manager. Then in person interviews with direct manager and Director. This stage included more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to collaborate with others to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Check the market reference range and salary is negotiable.