Prudential

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.7

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in January 2015.

Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview and then in person interview. The interview was mostly personality and behavioral questions to get an idea of your networking skills. You start off part time at $10/hour during training and start full time after you get your licensing. They say they reimburse you for the licensing.

completely based on sales

Finance Interview

Applied and had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. Lasted about 30 minutes, all behavioral questions. The recruiter was very nice and the interview centered around my resume and experience. Basic questions about strengths, team scenarios etc.

Had superday on-site which consisted of an informational session and three back to back interviews with staff from different divisions and at different levels of management. All mostly behavioral with an emphasis on experience and what I knew about the company. Research beforehand on the various divisions and services Prudential offers is a must. Definitely do not say Prudential is just a life insurance company.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of products and services does Prudential offer?   View Answer

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Applied online through my university's website. Prudential sent an email and I completed a preliminary application. They then sent me a link to a web-based inventory which asked interview questions with multiple choice answers. Ex: If a coworker was angry at you how would you respond? A: Yell at them B: Take it to HR and so on. It only took about 20 minutes. After this I was notified that they would not be offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have much experience so some of the questions were tough to answer/had to answer them hypothetically.   Answer Question

Product Manager/ Interview

First round interview with one manager (45 min) with fit questions. Second round interview was conducted in their headquarter office with 4 interviews. (60 min each) You need to be ready for tons of questions and your personal stories to answer various behavioral questions. Not only just saying your story, but also connect your story with the job requirements.

Financial Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in December 2014.

I was interviewed by the office manager, and told that my licensing (around $1100!) would be up to me to finance, with a promise to be reimbursed. After explaining that I would not be able to meet that initial investment, the sales manager assured me that I should continue with the application process anyway, hinting that there might be some sort of way they could help me. I filled out the online application and was sent a questionnaire. I filled out the answers and received an email a few days later explaining that I was not eligible to be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are fair, but very hard to answer without explanation. An answer of "I Don't Know" could show negatively, but could be very accurate depending on why it was answered that way.   Answer Question

Fpa Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential in December 2014.

Reached out to me via e-mail. Had one phone conversation and then three in person interviews. No technical questions, just conversations about what drives you as a person and your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tough, makes you think about yourself deeper than you would think,   Answer Question

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in December 2014.

The process moves fast. I get the impression that they try to hire as many people as they can so they can leverage their contacts. They are very up front and transparent about the process. Be prepared to do several more background tests after you accept a position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It is straight commission. They also will tell you that you will be able to work independently, but you will find out after you are hired, that even though you will be 1099'd. They will expect you to be at mandatory meetings every morning so that everyone can talk about how they did their job yesterday and will do it again today.

Fpa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Prudential in December 2014.

Laid back, aligned my goals with theirs. Very supportive sales team and management. Opportunity to transition from a current job to their CDP (career development program) which is nice. I was able to transition seamlessly from my old job to the Financial Professional Associate position with all of my licenses and training already completed.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions, nothing too difficult. They just wanted to find out if your work ethic and personality aligned with the sales position (FPA) they were hiring for.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

I was recruited from my college campus. The process was not difficult. the last round interview was at Roseland with 3 30 min interviews back to back with three different team leaders. Questions asked were basic scenario and behavior questions. You need to know the information about the company and be on top of their stock price if you want to get somewhere in the interview. No technical questions at all but it is always good to know your stuff

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Applied through University, heard back a couple of weeks later for an interview. The interview was purely behavioral with generic questions. The interviewer was nice but kind of awkward. There was a greeter to walk you through the entire situation.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you had to fix something because you foresaw a problem   Answer Question