Prudential

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by Staffing specialist within ten days. An interview was set up to meet with three members of the group I would be working for, roughly a half hour with each. Interview questions pertained to the job and was more of a conversation as opposed to a strict interview. It was a conversation detailing areas the group needed help and how I could help contribute to the group. Everyone was very nice, very honest, and was one of the more positive interviews I've ever had. No trick questions, typical tell us about yourself, straight forward job description questions, etc.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself. No real trick questions, but that is always the question that can talk you out of an interview before it even starts.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – All of focus is on rushing you to sell insurance versus properly training in the licensing and ability to recruit clientele. More time should be spent on grooming employees on the art of associating with clients.

Interview Question – Do you feel you can recruit upwards of 500 people your first year to purchase insurance?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – All commission upfront very small base salary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – They hired through my college career website. I received a response that week. They asked very straightforward questions about your background and why you are interesting in the position. During the first round they asked you to choose five adjectives to describe yourself. In the second round they told you more about the position and asked why you are interested.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. They asked questions to make sure you were committed enough to bring in your own clients.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Commission based and I did not want to bring in a list of 200 of my own clients.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in March 2014.

Interview Details – two people had interviewed me, relatively standard interview

Agent Interview

Agent

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – lengthy, testing for aptitude, personality, likely hood of success in business, , 2 interviews. For me it was pleasant. I believe it has changed considerably. College degree necessary, licensing necessary. Selling necessary

Financial Services Associate Interview

Financial Services Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Met with Regional Sales Manager and Senior Financial Services Associate after a referral from the Senior Financial Services Associate. Interview process consisted of an online assessment test as well.

Interview Question – What was the reason you left the same position at the last company you worked for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Financial Professional Associate

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – applied on school career link Guy was very friendly called me on a sunday told me about a great program wasn't interested in sales however and the location would recommend it to someone who was interested in sales and location though

Interview Question – Would you like to move forward with your application?   Answer Question

PRL Interview

PRL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – List all your strengths and weaknesses. How would you make your strength and weakness and weakness a strength.

Interview Question – Why would we consider you for this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Financial Professional Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

Interview Details – First send me a email and tell me about the role. Then tell me to have a online personality test and get my first and second interview.

Interview Question – Mostly talking about the CDP program and background screening.   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Regional Director
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Prudential in October 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, followed by in person interview about a week later. Comfortable, conversational style interview. Telephone interview with off location hiring manager a few weeks later, seemed to go well, more specific questions such as "What would your goals be in the first 90 days?" Was told a decision would be made within the week. Never heard back. Personally dropped off thank you card at office and followed up with recruiting personnel 4 times over the next 2-3 months -each time told a decision had not been made yet and I would be contacted and had not been ruled out. My final call was told that an indefinite hold had been put on the position possibly related to budget. I gave up. Six months from the first call and interview later...I received the obligatory "thanks for your time but we've found someone with more closely aligned skills" email.
I was not impressed.