Prudential

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.7

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview with HR recruiter, training manager and sales manager. Both training manager and sales manager pretend that they are the Principal, but neither is, and you probably won't meet the branch principal for months. If you can meet the background check requirements (ie) you are not a convicted felon still on probation; and you say you can pay for your training upfront, and also say that you are willing to sell the 5 policies to your family and friends; you will get accepted. Pru is making money off of you and you will have to pay them for your series 6 and 63 exams, and for email access, etc... They don't tell you that the 5 accounts and $7500 in GDR is really about $800,000 in policy sales; and those 5 family and friends who you convince to help you out to get a new job will never speak to you again; after they start feeling the pinch of those high Pru premiums and service charges galore; for a policy that they can't get out of for the rest of their lives; without possibly ruining their credit.

Interview Questions
    • You have to complete a Project 200 list where you list 200 of your family and friends, and contacts that you will attempt to sale insurance to. They will ask you when and how soon you can sell as many of these people as you can sell life insurance policies too.   View Answer
    One way, and you sign an employment agreement that they will not give you a copy of (excuse is that you will get a copy after the managing principal signs off); but you will never get a copy; so you can't sue them later on.

Sales Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Prudential.

Prudential put me through an in person series of interviews. The HR recruiter told me that I was the only candidate and it turns out, I was one of six candidates for a half day series of interviews. I took a day off from work and drive 4 hours to their Hartford office and stayed over night - they paid for my hotel and meal expenses. The recruiter asked me to do two writing assignments and submit them prior to the interview and do a work style assessment to see if I was a good culture fit. Be careful of companies who ask you to do a written assignment - they are just using you for their own benefit of free work...I worked for three days to make perfect so they would see how competent I am because I thought I was the top candidate and it was the final round of interviews. That was sooo not true.

I met with four people in the department. They seemed nice but none of the four had any sales training experience - I am a seasoned sales training leader and bring deep experience.

They declined me without even progressing me to the next round saying that the person they hired was a sales professional in the industry and they would learn how to do training.

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall any difficult questions just the writing assignments.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Interviewed on campus originally where I was asked about general behavioral questions. We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on some of my resume points. Later we had a random discussion about an online website I used and how his wife and son were addicted to the same site. I didn't hear back for like 3 weeks and then received a call to come in the next day. The on site interview was two 30min interviews with two people at the time. The next day I got the offer. Never had a technical question.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

They found me through an external job board site. Said they wanted to schedule an interview after completing a series of questionnaires, two to be exact, to see if I was suited for the job and their company. Filled it out. Went to the interview. They talked more than I did. The only questions they asked were how big was my network in Los Angeles and if I could leverage that network to sell their product, life insurance. All commissioned based salary. Said I had to pay for certification and some additional schooling, etc. They were nice enough, but from what I could tell, they were trying to sell themselves more than I was and from what it seemed, they were more interested in tapping my social network, ie my friends and family, to sell them life insurance.

Interview Questions
    • How large is your network in Los Angeles? And could you sell them our policies?   View Answer

Didn't want to sell insurance to my friends and family. And the salary was totally commissioned based. Didn't seem like a wise choice to follow through

Senior Associate, Actuarial Interview

one round of phone interview, on site interview with 5 people. Better to get internal referral to increase the success rate. Interview is half half on behavior question and technical questions.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the HR for a 15 mins phone screening. The HR sent me a link for logical and personal assessment. Then I was invited for in person interview and met with senior analyst, director and two principals 30mins each. A week and half was invited for final round and met the managing director for 30 mins. No response for over two weeks after the final interview and I followed up several times with the HR but still no feedback at all... I will have to assume that I didn't get the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

First met recruiter at a job fair, then filed out a fairly detailed application online. After completion of application I had to complete a sales assessment online. After I completed the assessment I did not hear anything for three weeks, then I received a random call from the recruiter offering me an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer from another financial firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Prudential.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out an application. After doing so, I received another email asking me to complete an 88 question character assessment. The assessment covered my past experience as well as hypothetical situations that asked what would I be most/least likely to do and asked me to select from a list of choices that were generic and not particularly close to what I would actually do. No opportunity for explanation was given and "none of the above" was not an option.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the logic of the hiring process. I received an email from a recruiter, timestamped at 11:30 PM on a Monday evening, requesting that I apply. I completed the application and assessment on Tuesday afternoon and received a letter informing me that I had not been hired (via email) on Thursday morning with no explanation as to why.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR representative and then she placed me an a face to face interview with two senior leaders. The process was fairly quick. The HR representative called me personally to tell me that I was not chosen for the role.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect two questions in a row about working on a team where conflicts needed to be resolved.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Prudential in August 2014.

You must first complete an on line job application and then a personality assessment test. After completing these you will go over some of the details on the phone. This includes going over what you need to accomplish before your commissions and benefits begin. You must be willing to invest time and money to pass required tests. Then after training work with your hiring manager you must close first 5 cases to begin your career.