Prudential

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.7

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Prudential in August 2014.

You must first complete an on line job application and then a personality assessment test. After completing these you will go over some of the details on the phone. This includes going over what you need to accomplish before your commissions and benefits begin. You must be willing to invest time and money to pass required tests. Then after training work with your hiring manager you must close first 5 cases to begin your career.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential in August 2014.

I applied online. The recruiter called me a month later for a phone interview that lasted 20 minutes. I went in for half the day to meet with the VP, and two directors along with an executive assistant. They each went through my resume. They never got back to me about the position. No standard email letting me know the position has been filled. No phone call. Nothing.

N/A Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Prudential.

Generic interview process. Internal hiring makes it difficult to obtain perm. employment. No surprises. Very friendly yet professional. Standard security and escort procedure. Interviewed by 3 execs and spoke with 2 admins.

Manager of Financial Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Typically 3-5 interviews with territory management and local management. Some are very structured asking about past experience, most are more focused on current skills and vision. They also have you do a variety of background and drug tests to make sure your not a criminal which I guess is good. Although the education and employment verification process is very slow.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, they only offer you 1 option and you either take it or leave it. There is no transition money given either which can be very difficult if moving from another company.

Life Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential.

I applied and was asked several days later to do some additional testing. Included some fast paced coding questions, a mock calling portion, and a personality assessment.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult portion was the coding. Had 20 minutes to answer 10 questions that required table reading and code interpretation. I found it difficult because the position was supposed to be entry-level.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

The total process took a little over 4 months from the time I initially applied until I started. I only interviewed once and really didn't hear anything until I received a call asking if I was still available. The interview lasted for about an hour or so. I was interviewed by two people.

Ask what the market range is for the position. I received what I wanted, but realized that I should have requested more.

Disability Case Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Prudential.

Your are not provided correct information on work loads. Salary lower than other companies . Advised of promotional opportunities that never seem to be viable after starting. They are not honest about processes/procedures.

they did not negotiate

Actuarial Associate Interview

Phone interview given by a nice HR. Take me 2 weeks to receive it. About 20 mins. Mostly went through the resume and some behavioral questions, say group project experience or teamwork experience. Receive the notification for onsite interview at the next day. The onsite one will be given by 5 actuaries and 1 product manager, which sounds quite tough.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

interviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

I had a connection to someone that works there so he got me the interview. I was contacted via email to set up the appointment and went on it 2 weeks later. interviewed with 4 people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard. there was the usual situational question of name a time you failed or a time you had to deal with someone difficult in a group project.   Answer Question

Senior Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

The hiring process was great...I had two phone interviews, two face to face interviews and then a panel interview with a presentation. The entire interview process was fabulous. The team was wonderful. It was the post interview activity that was discouraging.
    I was told by the hiring manager that I would be notified the following week, one week to the day of the interview, of their decision. When I finally heard from HR I was told that I had to take an assessment. The HR rep explained to me that no one does well on the math and that is just a formality. She actually made me think that it was just a formality based on her poor opinion of the tool. I am not sure why they utilize an assessment that doesn't leverage a candidates experience to the position, but I completed it. The assessment was not at all what I expected and having it come up last minute really placed a damper on the whole experience. Needless to say, I wasn't offered the job. It was disappointing because it was a great opportunity and everyone seemed so wonderful. I am not sure why the assessment wasn't given up front.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about team work
      Deadlines
      Collaboration

Answer Question
    • Questions about curriculum design analysis, best practices, etc   Answer Question