Prudential

288 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Associate Interview

Financial Services Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Met with Regional Sales Manager and Senior Financial Services Associate after a referral from the Senior Financial Services Associate. Interview process consisted of an online assessment test as well.

Interview Question – What was the reason you left the same position at the last company you worked for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Financial Professional Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

Interview Details – First send me a email and tell me about the role. Then tell me to have a online personality test and get my first and second interview.

Interview Question – Mostly talking about the CDP program and background screening.   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Regional Director
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Prudential in October 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, followed by in person interview about a week later. Comfortable, conversational style interview. Telephone interview with off location hiring manager a few weeks later, seemed to go well, more specific questions such as "What would your goals be in the first 90 days?" Was told a decision would be made within the week. Never heard back. Personally dropped off thank you card at office and followed up with recruiting personnel 4 times over the next 2-3 months -each time told a decision had not been made yet and I would be contacted and had not been ruled out. My final call was told that an indefinite hold had been put on the position possibly related to budget. I gave up. Six months from the first call and interview later...I received the obligatory "thanks for your time but we've found someone with more closely aligned skills" email.
I was not impressed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through school career website and had on-campus interview after about a month. It took me only 2 weeks for first interview, and asked me about basic questions regarding my resume and experiences. Also, they asked me 5 behavioral questions, it was pretty hard questions to answer unless prepared.

Interview Question – Give me a specific situation and asked me to solve the problem from the view of different roles such as project manager, new employee, etc.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Agent

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – There was a personality test. Many of the questions could easily be guessed as to what the right answer would be.

Interview Question – I was asked if I could have any job no matter the expense what would I choose?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It is really a commission only opportunity and I needed a salary.

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Investment Operations Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my College. First Round interview was easy. 30 minute interview, first half case questions about disagreements in a team environment, second half mostly going through my resume. Two or three behavioral questions. They called me a week later inviting me for second round interviews at their corporate office in Newark.

Interview Question – You've been working for a company for the past 6 months and at a meeting with your manager and other members your manager decides to commit an unethical decision. What do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got invited to second rounds

Financial Management Intern Interview

Financial Management Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Pretty much behavioral interview. Asked questions about my resume. What is your weakness/strength. Asked about course load (emphasis on accounting)

Interview Question – There weren't really any unexpected questions. Its more about "are you a fit for the culture."   Answer Question

Portfolio Analysis Intern Interview

Portfolio Analysis Intern
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Prudential in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus recruiting. First round interview was easy, half an hour one on one, mostly behavior questions. Asked one question about bond risks. Invited to second round interview two days later in their Newark office, which consisted of three one on ones, mostly behavioral questions. People were friendly throughout the process

Interview Question – If you wrote an autobiography about yourself, what would you call it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Newark, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – One phone interview with the hiring manager and then individual in-person interviews with him, his colleague and HR. It took about 2.5 hours. I thought the interviews went really well & felt that the position was a perfect fit, but I received no response from HR even after I contacted them twice for my status. It has been almost two months since my interview, but still no word or automatic rejection email from Pru.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Applied through college career search. Was contacted 2 weeks later with an interview request. Went to 1 interview after the first interview and was then offered the position. Overall it was a pretty smooth process and happened quicker than others I had been waiting on.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question