Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.7

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

This was fairly quick . I enjoyed that they wanted to know more about me . The interview first on the phone which takes about 30 min and they checked on my background . Then I had a group interview which they explained the position and the history of the company . I like how they welcomed me with open arms

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was exceptional for no experience

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Applied online. After applying online I received interview phone call then after all of that I received an in-person interview. Everyone was very pleasant. Seems like a great company to work for.

Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

3 interviews during 2 week period in 1998, panel and 1-on-1. Panel interviews were a surprise. Then individual. Questions were analytical and situational. Background info on tech then more on analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• how many mowers needed given area   1 Answer

Interview

Applied online. Quick phone interview first, then (if all goes well) face-to-face. Back for two face to face with multiple team members. Environment seemed casual and easy going.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based interview...tell me about your biggest failure...tell me about how you handled not hitting an extremely important dedline.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

It was a pretty short process. You first met with an hiring manager and the interview was more like a conversation. You then had to do your top 200 people that you can contact to start your business. Make sure you have close to 200 even if they are not potential customers. Then you meet the division manager and you get a background check.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview and then in person interview. The interview was mostly personality and behavioral questions to get an idea of your networking skills. You start off part time at $10/hour during training and start full time after you get your licensing. They say they reimburse you for the licensing.

completely based on sales

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through a local office, interview was fairly easy and questions asked were mainly about determining whether or not your personality matched the job. The job was full commission based and you are expected to get the licensed required on your own, but most of the fees involved are refunded once you become full time. In order to become full time however you have to write a required amount of business based on their core products.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a motivated and self driven person, who can work independently?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

One is talking with you. Another one is sitting nearby. Firstly, some general questions like why us, tell me about yourself, what's your major, why this major,etc.. Secondly, some background checking like your visa status and some working experience discussion. thirdly, open ended questions. such as how to connect with a client who rejected you once before.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in January 2015.

Interview

Had multiple interviews with this company progressing through various stages. Interviews went well. Started with applying online, then followed by a phone call from a recruiter, scheduled the call, went through the initial screening process, then call with the hiring manager. Asked the standard questions which went easily, then progressed to a second more comprehensive phone interview. Had alot of gotcha type questions but overall the feedback was good, kept scheduling and rescheduling follow up meetings and suddenly zero follow up or feed back. At the same time getting calls from them about other departments and kept interviewing. This company never gives follow up and they take months to progress through anything. The lack of follow up is epic, and they quite frankly can't make basic decisions probably due to a lack of clarity on what exactly they're looking for. Definitely not a great interview process and not recommended if you're looking for a company with a culture that's welcoming. Overall I think this company is behind the curve, but great practice while you're actively interviewing with other companies. Chances are you will have other offers before anyone bothers to follow up with you....that's if they bother to.

Interview Questions

• What root cause analysis tools or process unique to your employer were you guys using? I thought this was ridiculous because no company would want you divulging their business processes. The interviewer should know better then to ask such question.   Answer Question

Financial Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prudential in January 2015.

Interview

This started with a phone call, on a Saturday interestingly enough. We chatted briefly, and he said that he was going to send me an Assessment, basically a personality test combined with some "what would you do in this situation" type questions. There wasn't really a phone interview to get to know the company or the people so it was already off to a bad start. Anyway, the next day I took the exam and the next day I got a call back saying that I did well enough to proceed. We then scheduled an in person interview. The next day I got an email from Prudential confirming that I passed the exam and that they'd like me to complete a long form application. Later on I received a phone call from Prudential saying that I did not pass the exam and that there was a clerical error. They then canceled the in person interview we scheduled and said that I could apply again in 6 months. (Spoiler Alert: I won't)

Interview Questions

• You are working with another person who doesn't like you, how does it affect your performance?   Answer Question