Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.7

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

For a large company like Prudential I expected more professionalism. After being in touch with the Recruiter through several e-mail exchanges she wasn't slightly aware of my background and experience when I went for an interview. It's understandable that they're dealing with hundreds of candidates but at least they should take a minute to refresh their minds before calling in someone. Like others have mentioned, the position seemed so cheap since the whole time they were trying to sell their position instead of me selling myself to them. Didn't really get into the salary detail, but they did mention that there's never any lay off in that position, make your own schedule and you also make based on how much you sell. So it's pretty much like a Mary Kay business, instead of selling cosmetics you're selling insurance with a fancy title.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult part. The overall interview was smooth and casual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

They had me take an online personality test to see if I was suited for a sales job. During the interview they were most interested in whether or not I knew a lot of high net-worth individuals who could become my clients. They were also interested in whether I was a good networker.

Interview Questions

I declined because they'd sponsor me for a Series 6 license to sell mutual funds, and I want a Series 7 license to also be able to sell individual stocks.

Senior Analyst Programmer Interview

Usually starts in the company as consultant, and if somebody retires or resigns, they will hire you if they like your performance. You still have to submit your application online and wait for your date of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, all are just standard technical questions and questions on what you wrote on your resume.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Prudential.

All of focus is on rushing you to sell insurance versus properly training in the licensing and ability to recruit clientele. More time should be spent on grooming employees on the art of associating with clients.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel you can recruit upwards of 500 people your first year to purchase insurance?   Answer Question

All commission upfront very small base salary.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

They hired through my college career website. I received a response that week. They asked very straightforward questions about your background and why you are interesting in the position. During the first round they asked you to choose five adjectives to describe yourself. In the second round they told you more about the position and asked why you are interested.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. They asked questions to make sure you were committed enough to bring in your own clients.   Answer Question

Commission based and I did not want to bring in a list of 200 of my own clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

I went to a job fair and was approached by one of the managers. I attended a few interviews and everyone was very nice. I felt like they cared about me and my success. I attended an in person interview, a phone interview, then a final interview where they make sure you are the right fit for the job. They tell you about the sales structure for earning commission, then set you up for the orientation. A skills test is required, as well as a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to financially support yourself through the training until it has been completed?   Answer Question

I declined because I'm not a spot in my life where I can work without earning money because I don't have any saved at the moment, just coming out of college. This position would be better for someone who is doing a career transition.

Financial Reporting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

Was called in for an interview, interviewer showed up late, 4 people interviewed me for 3 1/2 hours straight, no breaks or water, mostly ask typical behavioral questions though.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to decipher and provide details about an excel spreadsheet that was presented before me.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by Staffing specialist within ten days. An interview was set up to meet with three members of the group I would be working for, roughly a half hour with each. Interview questions pertained to the job and was more of a conversation as opposed to a strict interview. It was a conversation detailing areas the group needed help and how I could help contribute to the group. Everyone was very nice, very honest, and was one of the more positive interviews I've ever had. No trick questions, typical tell us about yourself, straight forward job description questions, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself. No real trick questions, but that is always the question that can talk you out of an interview before it even starts.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

lengthy, testing for aptitude, personality, likely hood of success in business, , 2 interviews. For me it was pleasant. I believe it has changed considerably. College degree necessary, licensing necessary. Selling necessary

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

Most of the questions were directed to find out what type of character you have. They will ask you questions about your biggest challenges, as well as how you over came them. Not many technical questions to worry about, at least in the CT annuities branch. Prudential was willing to build me from the ground up and learn their strategies.

Interview Questions
    • There were not difficult questions, one question to think about is your biggest project that had involved a group.   Answer Question