Prudential

2.7

Senior Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

The hiring process was great...I had two phone interviews, two face to face interviews and then a panel interview with a presentation. The entire interview process was fabulous. The team was wonderful. It was the post interview activity that was discouraging.
    I was told by the hiring manager that I would be notified the following week, one week to the day of the interview, of their decision. When I finally heard from HR I was told that I had to take an assessment. The HR rep explained to me that no one does well on the math and that is just a formality. She actually made me think that it was just a formality based on her poor opinion of the tool. I am not sure why they utilize an assessment that doesn't leverage a candidates experience to the position, but I completed it. The assessment was not at all what I expected and having it come up last minute really placed a damper on the whole experience. Needless to say, I wasn't offered the job. It was disappointing because it was a great opportunity and everyone seemed so wonderful. I am not sure why the assessment wasn't given up front.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about team work
      Deadlines
      Collaboration

Answer Question
    • Questions about curriculum design analysis, best practices, etc   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

Pretty easy interview process, focused on your network, project two hundred is a big part of things. They did three interviews for me, each time they really sold themselves more than me selling to them. I took the job so we'll see how things go. You have to pay for your licenses but they supposedly reimburse you after you start working. We'l see.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied on July and I got the call two weeks later for a phone interview. The same day I received an invitation for a face-to-face interview for the following week. The interview was very easy and most behavioral and situational questions. They wanted to know if you will be a good fit in the team. But don't trust the job description and required skills, those are too vague and in the interview they will tell you. Be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about fixed income knowledge however it was not a skill required in the job description but they were looking for someone with those skills.   Answer Question

Director, Project Management Interview

First was a phone interview with the company recruiter. Then a phone interview concall with three hiring managers. Third, I had a face-to-face group interview with the three hiring managers. I was brought back to the company a 2nd time for a day of 1-on1 interviews with managers with VP titles. There were five of these 1-on-1 interviews, each lasting about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Received fairly routine and expected questions at all interviews.   Answer Question

Prudential Financial Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

phone interview, 2 one on one interviews and a final one on one interview the overall interview process was easy just took about 4 weeks to finish the overall interview process.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

I was recruited from a job fair. I set up an initial interview with the manager who explained the position. Then I did a phone interview with a second manager, who liked to talk. I was required to do a skills test and a personality test. To them, the personality test is more important. Then I did a third interview to go over compensation details.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you need to do to be successful at this position?   View Answer
    No, it is 100% commission. Make sure this is what you want before committing.

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

I was flown out to their Chicago offices and stayed in small meeting room as the interviewers rotated. I was interviewed by 6 individuals. an analyst, then principal, associate, principal, analyst, principal and finally the director. The first analyst asked me a few technical questions including how to value an apartment complex with 200 units and commercial space on the 1st floor. Each interviewer wanted to know why I wanted to be in real estate. One of the principals asked me to give him a pitch about anything. The other principal asked me odd questions to try and see if I was an analytical person. The position was heavily on modeling and analyzing spreadsheets so they wanted to make sure I was a good fit. The director asked me what Prudential's stock price was, but everyone walked through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • The stock price question took me by surprise and I hadn't looked at the stock in a few weeks but managed to get by. I expected a real estate valuation question so it helped that I refreshed myself on common industry metrics and methods.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

For a large company like Prudential I expected more professionalism. After being in touch with the Recruiter through several e-mail exchanges she wasn't slightly aware of my background and experience when I went for an interview. It's understandable that they're dealing with hundreds of candidates but at least they should take a minute to refresh their minds before calling in someone. Like others have mentioned, the position seemed so cheap since the whole time they were trying to sell their position instead of me selling myself to them. Didn't really get into the salary detail, but they did mention that there's never any lay off in that position, make your own schedule and you also make based on how much you sell. So it's pretty much like a Mary Kay business, instead of selling cosmetics you're selling insurance with a fancy title.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult part. The overall interview was smooth and casual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in June 2014.

They had me take an online personality test to see if I was suited for a sales job. During the interview they were most interested in whether or not I knew a lot of high net-worth individuals who could become my clients. They were also interested in whether I was a good networker.

Interview Questions

I declined because they'd sponsor me for a Series 6 license to sell mutual funds, and I want a Series 7 license to also be able to sell individual stocks.

Senior Analyst Programmer Interview

Usually starts in the company as consultant, and if somebody retires or resigns, they will hire you if they like your performance. You still have to submit your application online and wait for your date of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, all are just standard technical questions and questions on what you wrote on your resume.   Answer Question