Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed on campus originally where I was asked about general behavioral questions. We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on some of my resume points. Later we had a random discussion about an online website I used and how his wife and son were addicted to the same site. I didn't hear back for like 3 weeks and then received a call to come in the next day. The on site interview was two 30min interviews with two people at the time. The next day I got the offer. Never had a technical question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Senior Associate, Actuarial Interview

Interview

one round of phone interview, on site interview with 5 people. Better to get internal referral to increase the success rate. Interview is half half on behavior question and technical questions.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the HR for a 15 mins phone screening. The HR sent me a link for logical and personal assessment. Then I was invited for in person interview and met with senior analyst, director and two principals 30mins each. A week and half was invited for final round and met the managing director for 30 mins. No response for over two weeks after the final interview and I followed up several times with the HR but still no feedback at all... I will have to assume that I didn't get the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Warwick, RI) in September 2014.

Interview

First met recruiter at a job fair, then filed out a fairly detailed application online. After completion of application I had to complete a sales assessment online. After I completed the assessment I did not hear anything for three weeks, then I received a random call from the recruiter offering me an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer from another financial firm.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR representative and then she placed me an a face to face interview with two senior leaders. The process was fairly quick. The HR representative called me personally to tell me that I was not chosen for the role.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect two questions in a row about working on a team where conflicts needed to be resolved.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Prudential (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out an application. After doing so, I received another email asking me to complete an 88 question character assessment. The assessment covered my past experience as well as hypothetical situations that asked what would I be most/least likely to do and asked me to select from a list of choices that were generic and not particularly close to what I would actually do. No opportunity for explanation was given and "none of the above" was not an option.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything particularly difficult. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the logic of the hiring process. I received an email from a recruiter, timestamped at 11:30 PM on a Monday evening, requesting that I apply. I completed the application and assessment on Tuesday afternoon and received a letter informing me that I had not been hired (via email) on Thursday morning with no explanation as to why.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Prudential in August 2014.

Interview

You must first complete an on line job application and then a personality assessment test. After completing these you will go over some of the details on the phone. This includes going over what you need to accomplish before your commissions and benefits begin. You must be willing to invest time and money to pass required tests. Then after training work with your hiring manager you must close first 5 cases to begin your career.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter called me a month later for a phone interview that lasted 20 minutes. I went in for half the day to meet with the VP, and two directors along with an executive assistant. They each went through my resume. They never got back to me about the position. No standard email letting me know the position has been filled. No phone call. Nothing.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Generic interview process. Internal hiring makes it difficult to obtain perm. employment. No surprises. Very friendly yet professional. Standard security and escort procedure. Interviewed by 3 execs and spoke with 2 admins.

Manager of Financial Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Typically 3-5 interviews with territory management and local management. Some are very structured asking about past experience, most are more focused on current skills and vision. They also have you do a variety of background and drug tests to make sure your not a criminal which I guess is good. Although the education and employment verification process is very slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they only offer you 1 option and you either take it or leave it. There is no transition money given either which can be very difficult if moving from another company.