Prudential

Average Difficulty
287 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shelton, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in July 2013.

Interview Details – Many interviews with smiling, friendly subordinates to the MD. Think of a time-sharing experience. They will lie outright to entice prospects into the office. Their approach is one of rambling misrepresentation. One must submit to lengthy vetting through credit checks and month-long internal evaluation by individuals with fewer credentials and less experience. Run, do not walk, to the exit.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was keeping the interviewers focused on the interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations and no truth in the process at all.

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – I was contacted through my school email as a potential applicant and told to apply online. Within 2 days I was contacted by phone and instructed to take an 88-question online assessment test before scheduling an interview. It was essentially a personality test to screen for people aggressive enough for a sales job.

Interview Question – It just asked about your personality and how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Claims Examiner

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – I applied online. I received a call by a recruiter. Scheduled an interview for a week later. The interview was done by 2 senior administrative personel within the department. The interview was your average interview. They asked jobe related situational questions. Personality questions and also gave me a general math test. I received a call 2 weeks later from HR making an offer. The starting salary was $35,000 per year.

Interview Question – All questions were fair and your averega interview questions such as strengths and waeknesses.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Prudential in November 2011.

Interview Details – It is important to realize that this a company that wants to "date a while" before you are married to it. There are online assessments that need to completed and it is vital that they are done in a timely manner to show that you have some desire to test drive the career. Also, there are three face to face interviews. The first is a meet and greet and where you are informed of what your future will be, second, is compiling a project 200 which is basically a list of people that you know that could give you business or referrals. Finally, it is the "pull the Trigger" interview, at this time you are through the door and will be plunged into a career where the strong survive! Make sure you are ready to learn!!!!

Interview Question – Pay...it is sometimes tricky for the person giving the interview to explain that you are pretty much hunting to make a living...you keep what you kill in this industry   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really is no negotiation, you either accept the terms of the agency distribution contract or you find a different company to work for. Their expectations are reasonable. If you have any ability to sell and you're receptive to new ideas and instructions you will be fine.

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager
Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – It was pretty quick and the normal 4 or 5 people interviewing you

Interview Question – I head that they make you take an exam now before they invite you for an interview. If you fail the exam, they think you will not fit with their culture and they won't call you back.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I was young and didn't know I could negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – Took 1 month for my status to change from Resume Acknowledged to Resume Under Review (which means you will be contacted). Had 1 phone interview with the hiring director. Then had a face to face interview with other members of their staff. Still waiting to hear a yes or no and it has been around 3 months.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty straight forward. There were not any random out of the blue type questions. It was more geared toward how the person would fit in the team and if the would gel.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Sales Associate Interview

Financial Sales Associate
New York, NY

I interviewed at Prudential in November 2013.

Interview Details – Accepted interview through college recruiting consortium and had a general information interview. The interview was very conversational and went well. I then took their online test and after passing it I was invited for a second interview at the closest office. The interview again felt very informal and unnecessary. I was then invited to come back to the office a second time and at this point decided to go in a different direction. Overall, the process felt much more drawn out then necessary, and often felt like the process wasn't actually moving forward.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Prudential in October 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone by internal recruiting staff- very professional, efficient screening, friendly. Scheduled first interview within two weeks of initial contact. Interview lasted one hour, comfortable... took time to explain structure and answer questions as well. Second interview over phone two weeks later- November 2013. Company still has not filled the position or made a decision

Interview Question – experience with underwriting   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

Interview Details – It is a presentation like they would give to large groups not personal at all.

Interview Question – Nothing it was a presentation   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Long Term Disability Manager Interview

Long Term Disability Manager
Portland, ME

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Prudential in December 2012.

Interview Details – Overall impression: disorganized. Recruiting/Coordinating is accomplished remotely through organization in Florida (I was interviewing for a position in Portland, ME); there was a lot of back and forth, incorrect information (gave me the names of the wrong interviewers, wrong office address for office, etc.). Extremely drawn out approval process ...

Interview Question – None - very standard. "Most challenging experience with a client" "Example of good customer service" "Top 3 strengths" "Top 3 Weaknesses"

There is a written component where they ask you to respond to a mock-claimant email detailing an long-term disability claim
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room to negotiate salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Prudential