Prudential

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

encouraged to apply online by a manager in training at a career fair, applied online, filled out a lengthy personality assessment, quickly received call from a secretary to set up an interview, interviewed with a recruiter at the office, scheduled for a follow up interview with the manager

Interview Questions
    • Who is your closest friend? How would they describe you?   View Answer

After reading reviews on this site, I discovered that they lied when they said no cold calls, also, I did not realize that it would take so long before I see a paycheck, and they failed to mention that my expenses would not be reimbursed in any way
    Also, any job that is being sold to you should be questioned. Typically, you sell yourself to the employer, not the other way around. They attempted to dazzle me with large numbers, but my interviewer was young and had only been working there for a short period of time. It just felt too good to be true.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

First send me a email and tell me about the role. Then tell me to have a online personality test and get my first and second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly talking about the CDP program and background screening.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

There was a personality test. Many of the questions could easily be guessed as to what the right answer would be.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I could have any job no matter the expense what would I choose?   Answer Question

It is really a commission only opportunity and I needed a salary.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

One phone interview with the hiring manager and then individual in-person interviews with him, his colleague and HR. It took about 2.5 hours. I thought the interviews went really well & felt that the position was a perfect fit, but I received no response from HR even after I contacted them twice for my status. It has been almost two months since my interview, but still no word or automatic rejection email from Pru.

Financial Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Prudential.

Pretty much behavioral interview. Asked questions about my resume. What is your weakness/strength. Asked about course load (emphasis on accounting)

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any unexpected questions. Its more about "are you a fit for the culture."   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

Applied through college career search. Was contacted 2 weeks later with an interview request. Went to 1 interview after the first interview and was then offered the position. Overall it was a pretty smooth process and happened quicker than others I had been waiting on.

Had a different offer

Peak Leadership Conference Attendee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

Application then you get contacted for an on-site interview. While waiting for the interview, I was placed in a group session with the other candidates to talk to the recruiters. Interview one person, they give info about the company and ask some resume/behavioral questions and then ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of leadership? Give an example of a time when you had to do something with vague directions.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential.

Interviewed after meeting with someone at a networking event. Smooth interview, standard questions. Job involves a lot of sales. They want to see that you are a positive and confident person.

Interview Questions
    • None. Most important question was to explain why you wanted the job/why you wanted to work for prudential.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Long process. Came back five times.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential in March 2014.

They are very friendly but it is completely commission. Personally, I didn't really mind that is completely commission. But, I really did not like how you have to sell to your family and friends. They were extremely competitive in selling life insurance. It wasn't a good fit for me. Also, you have to pass a bunch of tests before you even work. Essentially, to work for Prudential you need to be all in from the start which is a big commitment from a company that doesn't offer you everything from the start.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. What do you look for in a company?   View Answer

I didn't want to sell life insurance to my family and friends.