Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Generic interview process. Internal hiring makes it difficult to obtain perm. employment. No surprises. Very friendly yet professional. Standard security and escort procedure. Interviewed by 3 execs and spoke with 2 admins.

Manager of Financial Services Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Typically 3-5 interviews with territory management and local management. Some are very structured asking about past experience, most are more focused on current skills and vision. They also have you do a variety of background and drug tests to make sure your not a criminal which I guess is good. Although the education and employment verification process is very slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they only offer you 1 option and you either take it or leave it. There is no transition money given either which can be very difficult if moving from another company.

Life Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Prudential (Plymouth, MN).

Interview

I applied and was asked several days later to do some additional testing. Included some fast paced coding questions, a mock calling portion, and a personality assessment.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult portion was the coding. Had 20 minutes to answer 10 questions that required table reading and code interpretation. I found it difficult because the position was supposed to be entry-level.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The total process took a little over 4 months from the time I initially applied until I started. I only interviewed once and really didn't hear anything until I received a call asking if I was still available. The interview lasted for about an hour or so. I was interviewed by two people.

Negotiation

Ask what the market range is for the position. I received what I wanted, but realized that I should have requested more.

Disability Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Your are not provided correct information on work loads. Salary lower than other companies . Advised of promotional opportunities that never seem to be viable after starting. They are not honest about processes/procedures.

Negotiation

they did not negotiate

Actuarial Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview given by a nice HR. Take me 2 weeks to receive it. About 20 mins. Mostly went through the resume and some behavioral questions, say group project experience or teamwork experience. Receive the notification for onsite interview at the next day. The onsite one will be given by 5 actuaries and 1 product manager, which sounds quite tough.

Interview Questions

Application

interviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

Interview

I had a connection to someone that works there so he got me the interview. I was contacted via email to set up the appointment and went on it 2 weeks later. interviewed with 4 people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty standard. there was the usual situational question of name a time you failed or a time you had to deal with someone difficult in a group project.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied on July and I got the call two weeks later for a phone interview. The same day I received an invitation for a face-to-face interview for the following week. The interview was very easy and most behavioral and situational questions. They wanted to know if you will be a good fit in the team. But don't trust the job description and required skills, those are too vague and in the interview they will tell you. Be prepared!

Interview Questions

• Asked me about fixed income knowledge however it was not a skill required in the job description but they were looking for someone with those skills.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process, focused on your network, project two hundred is a big part of things. They did three interviews for me, each time they really sold themselves more than me selling to them. I took the job so we'll see how things go. You have to pay for your licenses but they supposedly reimburse you after you start working. We'l see.

Senior Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential (Roseland, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was great...I had two phone interviews, two face to face interviews and then a panel interview with a presentation. The entire interview process was fabulous. The team was wonderful. It was the post interview activity that was discouraging.
    I was told by the hiring manager that I would be notified the following week, one week to the day of the interview, of their decision. When I finally heard from HR I was told that I had to take an assessment. The HR rep explained to me that no one does well on the math and that is just a formality. She actually made me think that it was just a formality based on her poor opinion of the tool. I am not sure why they utilize an assessment that doesn't leverage a candidates experience to the position, but I completed it. The assessment was not at all what I expected and having it come up last minute really placed a damper on the whole experience. Needless to say, I wasn't offered the job. It was disappointing because it was a great opportunity and everyone seemed so wonderful. I am not sure why the assessment wasn't given up front.

Interview Questions

• Questions about team work
      Deadlines
      Collaboration

Answer Question
    • Questions about curriculum design analysis, best practices, etc   Answer Question