Prudential

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward, Interviewed once at school, they asked strictly behavioral question. Final round interview more industry and market based. Make sure you know about fixed income and bonds

Other Interview Reviews for Prudential

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the HR for a 15 mins phone screening. The HR sent me a link for logical and personal assessment. Then I was invited for in person interview and met with senior analyst, director and two principals 30mins each. A week and half was invited for final round and met the managing director for 30 mins. No response for over two weeks after the final interview and I followed up several times with the HR but still no feedback at all... I will have to assume that I didn't get the offer.

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential.

I was flown out to their Chicago offices and stayed in small meeting room as the interviewers rotated. I was interviewed by 6 individuals. an analyst, then principal, associate, principal, analyst, principal and finally the director. The first analyst asked me a few technical questions including how to value an apartment complex with 200 units and commercial space on the 1st floor. Each interviewer wanted to know why I wanted to be in real estate. One of the principals asked me to give him a pitch about anything. The other principal asked me odd questions to try and see if I was an analytical person. The position was heavily on modeling and analyzing spreadsheets so they wanted to make sure I was a good fit. The director asked me what Prudential's stock price was, but everyone walked through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • The stock price question took me by surprise and I hadn't looked at the stock in a few weeks but managed to get by. I expected a real estate valuation question so it helped that I refreshed myself on common industry metrics and methods.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Went to target school. First round interview was on campus (30 min with one person). Second round interview was at HQ with six people (30 min each) + the managing director of the group (15 min). Interview was a mix of technical and behavioral/fit questions. The technical questions are in the form of what you would do in hypothetical scenarios. Offer came from HR 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • A company whose debt PRU invests in announced they were going to acquire another company. What would you advise your manager to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Prudential.

The first round interview was all behavioral. There was two interviewers and myself. One of the interviewers performed a "stress test", in which he sat impatiently tapping his foot with a bored look on his face. The next day, I received an email to take a personality and logic assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do commercial real estate instead of residential?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in March 2010.

I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first round was a 1:1, 30 minutes long, very simple behavioral/fit/personality questions (what are your strengths & weaknesses, describe yourself in 3 words, etc). The second round was on site, with about 6 people in the department, some 1:1, some 2:1. Again, all behavioral/fit/personality questions, nothing tricky or difficult. All the people were very nice, laid-back, conversational, some even gave me advice for how to proceed in case I didn't get this job. They did seem very eager to snatch good talent.