Prudential

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – I was flown out to their Chicago offices and stayed in small meeting room as the interviewers rotated. I was interviewed by 6 individuals. an analyst, then principal, associate, principal, analyst, principal and finally the director. The first analyst asked me a few technical questions including how to value an apartment complex with 200 units and commercial space on the 1st floor. Each interviewer wanted to know why I wanted to be in real estate. One of the principals asked me to give him a pitch about anything. The other principal asked me odd questions to try and see if I was an analytical person. The position was heavily on modeling and analyzing spreadsheets so they wanted to make sure I was a good fit. The director asked me what Prudential's stock price was, but everyone walked through my resume.

Interview Question – The stock price question took me by surprise and I hadn't looked at the stock in a few weeks but managed to get by. I expected a real estate valuation question so it helped that I refreshed myself on common industry metrics and methods.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details – Went to target school. First round interview was on campus (30 min with one person). Second round interview was at HQ with six people (30 min each) + the managing director of the group (15 min). Interview was a mix of technical and behavioral/fit questions. The technical questions are in the form of what you would do in hypothetical scenarios. Offer came from HR 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – A company whose debt PRU invests in announced they were going to acquire another company. What would you advise your manager to do?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details – The first round interview was all behavioral. There was two interviewers and myself. One of the interviewers performed a "stress test", in which he sat impatiently tapping his foot with a bored look on his face. The next day, I received an email to take a personality and logic assessment.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do commercial real estate instead of residential?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first round was a 1:1, 30 minutes long, very simple behavioral/fit/personality questions (what are your strengths & weaknesses, describe yourself in 3 words, etc). The second round was on site, with about 6 people in the department, some 1:1, some 2:1. Again, all behavioral/fit/personality questions, nothing tricky or difficult. All the people were very nice, laid-back, conversational, some even gave me advice for how to proceed in case I didn't get this job. They did seem very eager to snatch good talent.

Interview Questions

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!