Prudential

2.8

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PCG Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in October 2014.

Applied through target school. A lot of behavioral questions and a few technicals. I had to submit a writing sample after my interview and was notified a day later for superday. Super day is two days, one for dinner and presentation, and the next has a written test and interviews all day. Pretty technical and accounting focused.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to invest in debt, what statements would you look at, what items on the statements and why? Walk me through the Cash flow statement.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Interviewed on campus originally where I was asked about general behavioral questions. We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on some of my resume points. Later we had a random discussion about an online website I used and how his wife and son were addicted to the same site. I didn't hear back for like 3 weeks and then received a call to come in the next day. The on site interview was two 30min interviews with two people at the time. The next day I got the offer. Never had a technical question.

None

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential in August 2014.

I applied online. The recruiter called me a month later for a phone interview that lasted 20 minutes. I went in for half the day to meet with the VP, and two directors along with an executive assistant. They each went through my resume. They never got back to me about the position. No standard email letting me know the position has been filled. No phone call. Nothing.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

I applied on July and I got the call two weeks later for a phone interview. The same day I received an invitation for a face-to-face interview for the following week. The interview was very easy and most behavioral and situational questions. They wanted to know if you will be a good fit in the team. But don't trust the job description and required skills, those are too vague and in the interview they will tell you. Be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about fixed income knowledge however it was not a skill required in the job description but they were looking for someone with those skills.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by Staffing specialist within ten days. An interview was set up to meet with three members of the group I would be working for, roughly a half hour with each. Interview questions pertained to the job and was more of a conversation as opposed to a strict interview. It was a conversation detailing areas the group needed help and how I could help contribute to the group. Everyone was very nice, very honest, and was one of the more positive interviews I've ever had. No trick questions, typical tell us about yourself, straight forward job description questions, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself. No real trick questions, but that is always the question that can talk you out of an interview before it even starts.   Answer Question

Global Business Technology Solutions Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential in April 2014.

I first applied through my university website and was notified later that i was selected for an interview. The first interview was conducted by two people. I did not get a call back for about two months and then they notified me I was selected for a second interview. Less than a week after the second interview I was told that I got the job. The interview wasn’t anything out of the ordinary and they asked a lot of behavioral questions. Prudential likes to see people who have really good communication skills and people who are willing to work in a group environment.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

One phone interview with the hiring manager and then individual in-person interviews with him, his colleague and HR. It took about 2.5 hours. I thought the interviews went really well & felt that the position was a perfect fit, but I received no response from HR even after I contacted them twice for my status. It has been almost two months since my interview, but still no word or automatic rejection email from Pru.

Peak Leadership Conference Attendee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Prudential.

Application then you get contacted for an on-site interview. While waiting for the interview, I was placed in a group session with the other candidates to talk to the recruiters. Interview one person, they give info about the company and ask some resume/behavioral questions and then ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of leadership? Give an example of a time when you had to do something with vague directions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Prudential.

Long process. Came back five times.

No negotiation

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in March 2014.

two people had interviewed me, relatively standard interview