Prudential

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Small Market Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Prudential in October 2013.

My initial contact was through LinkedIn in which my qualifications allow me to receive an inquiry call. My resume was forwarded to the hiring manager and interviewed with her. After 4 days of waiting for a response, I received a denial due to "lack of experience". I first accepted the denial but much dismay it did not rest easy with me in that I know I was more than qualified for the position. I contacted the hiring manager again and she admitted that she felt I was a good candidate. I brought to her attention that I felt some hesitation in the interview but was not sure of what brought on those feelings. The manager agreed to have me come in and meet with the staff that I would be working with in order to help her with the decision. That was completed and I felt went really well BUT....a denial was still sent stating they will continuing looking. After being the top and "I think" the only candidate, they decided to start the hiring process all over. I honestly believe I was not the RIGHT CANDIDATE....because I am Afro-American. It is a shame that a trillion dollar and diverse company will allow such practice to take place. I really am not one to play the race card but it was too obvious on the action of the manager of the position, with her facial expression, body language and lack of valid reason for denial. My resume, which showed I was more than qualified, did not change from the first two interviews before meeting the actual manager of the position.

Interview Questions
  • Very few questions were asked. No difficult questions.   Answer Question