Public Bank

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Public Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – Normal chit-chat, quite relax. Just asking some standard question ( for e.g. why you choose Public Bank, what are your area of interest….). Waited for 1 hour, there were lots of applicant. They did ask are you willing to travel, and so on.

Interviewed at Public Bank

Interview Details – waited for about 1.5 hours and there were many candidates who attend the interview.

Interview Question – why do u like accounting?   Answer Question

Management Trainee/Sales Interview

Management Trainee/Sales
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Public Bank in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process is quite nice. The interviewer keep smiling on me~ There are 3 interviewer when the interview is take~ The whole interview session take 3 hour to finish include waiting time 2 hour plus~

Interview Question – Why u choose this position? How can u perform well in this position? Which position you are more interest?   Answer Question

Trainee Credit Analyst Interview

Trainee Credit Analyst
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Bank in December 2013.

Interview Details – Waited there for around 1 hour and it is total around 30+ candidates waiting for interview. 3 interviewers in a room. Basically they will just ask some basic question and why you want working in Public Bank. How well you know about this position. Lastly they will ask which branch location u prefer the most.

Interview Question – What is the basic job and basic skill that you needed as a trainee credit analyst   View Answer

Teluk Intan (Malaysia)

I applied online - interviewed at Public Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – Must travel to the HQ for the interview. The interviewers are nice and professional. Asking some simple questions and the situation is quite relaxing. You have to wait for a long time until your turn as there are many people attending the interview too.

Interview Question – Can you sacrifice your precious time for working OT but no OT paid?   Answer Question

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Public Bank in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via email, received a call after 1 week. More than 20 candidates were in the same interview session. Waited for almost 1.5 hours for my turn. 3 HR staffs interviewed me. Keep "hard sell" their sales position and mentioned no other position suitable for me. Interview culture is obviously very different than other companies I went.

Interview Question – Are you ok with sales jobs ? 100% sales ? how about 50% sales ?   Answer Question

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Public Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview is very easy, conversational. However they are very sensitive about your results and why you want to work there.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Public Bank.

Interview Details – Very simply interview, interviewers finding out our interest in which field, recommended other position and explained about it. Said 2weeks to get reply.

Interview Question – not challenging questions given.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Public Bank.

Interview Details – Interview process was a breeze, probably due to desperation of hiring people right now. Interviewers will make you feel calm and at ease, to make the company seem like a wonderful place to work at. It took them less than 2 weeks to get back to me which was swift.

Interview Question – Asked about the banking industry and its products. Asking what I know about some of the products the bank had to offer. (e.g. Loans, credit cards, mortgages)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-existent.

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Public Bank in February 2013.

Interview Details – Wait about 1 hour to be interview. Enter a room with 3 interviewer inside.
1)Ask about your past job.
2)Which specialize you prefer
3)Why you want to choose(EXP credit analyst)
4)What do you know about that job
5)What is the criteria to work as a credit analyst

Interview Question – What do you know about that job?
Since i'm just a fresh graduate, i just have brief overview of the job.But they expect to hear more details from me.
  Answer Question

Worked for Public Bank? Contribute to the Community!