Public Consulting Group

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.7

Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Went through one HR interview, two with the hiring manager, one with the team and the last (final) interview with the COO when he decided I didn't have the experience they were looking for...what?! It took them that long to figure this out?!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, many of the typical project manager questions   Answer Question

ITS Technical Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Qualified for the position, have a great track record of past positions held, all very good terms with great references, applied for the position, received email 22 days later stating not selected. No interview given. I am an over 50 woman with 30+ years in the business with 21 of those years in IT services delivery.

School Specialist/Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Public Consulting Group.

The hiring process for the organization was fairly extensive. The time requirement for this company would be best suited for someone who is exclusively wishing to work for this company. From start to finish the interview process lasted three months with several interviews usually two to three weeks apart from each other.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that related to the mechanics of the position and its impact on personal life outside of office.   View Answer

Schools Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Spoke with the recruiter on the phone before meeting with two people in the NYC office. I thought the interview was a bit unprofessional - I had to keep the interview going because they seemed awkward. I have not heard anything in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us your most difficult encounter with some you have worked with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Consulting Group in May 2014.

I applied for an open position in the Indianapolis office online through the PCG website. I received an email from HR in Boston setting up an initial phone screening during which the position was explained and we walked through my resume. I received an email setting up an in-person interview for the following week. I arrived a few minutes early and was greeted by a woman sitting near the door. A minute later, the two Consultants with whom I was supposed to interview came to see me to the conference room. We had a very cordial and informal conversation for roughly 35-40 minutes where I was asked to go a bit more into detail regarding my experience and was asked a few "name a time when _____ " type questions.

I was told that I would hear back about the next step by the end of the week at the latest. After hearing nothing, I emailed the recruiter I initially spoke with to see if any decisions had been made and I received a form letter in reply letting me know I had not been selected for another interview. The whole process was confusing to me in that no difficult questions were posed to be during my in-person interview that I felt would have really given a true reflection of my ability, or lack thereof, to do the job. It was explained to me that the position entailed mostly just research and report writing and I communicated to the two interviewers that this was what I enjoyed doing. They both seemed to appreciate that. It came as kind of a shock that after the feedback I was receiving during the interview that I would not be selected to continue in the process. It seems that if I'm going to come all the way to the office I should get more than 30 or 40 minutes to actually talk about my experiences and abilities before I am rejected.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Public Consulting Group in May 2014.

I was called into the Boston for an office interview. I had three individual interviews (Business Analyst, Consultant, and Senior Consultant) with your potential team members. The interviews were great, just review behavioral questions and try to be calm/yourself. Just prepare good questions to ask them, it shows you really care. Few days after the interview, i was asked to provide references.

Interview Questions
    • Why PCG?
      Weaknesses/Strengths
      Why Public Sector?
      Describe a time when you went up and beyond in a team setting.
      Review behavioral questions and just be yourself.

Answer Question
    I did not choose to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Public Consulting Group in March 2014.

Initial phone screening, followed by an in-person interview at their office, during which I had to write a short report to demonstrate my analytic and writing abilities.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was very informal, all were standard behavioral questions   Answer Question
    I negotiated a little bit more salary. They were unwilling to budge.

Apprentice Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Waiting for the next follow-up after a phone interview. I got an email on the next day after I submitted my resume and did the interview yesterday. The interviewer was really nice and asked about the reasons I am interested in this company and my database experience. If you prepare yourself for these kinds of questions, it would not be too difficult.

Employment Training Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Public Consulting Group in January 2014.

I was very nervous at first but the ladies that interviewed me were very nice. The environment there is very friendly. I was asked a couple of questions about what kind of experience I had. Some questions were about what kind of software I knew about. They are very interested in people that know how to use Microsoft Excel.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was Why I was interested in Social Work. Since I have an Associate Degree in Social Work they ask how it related to the position I was asking for. I think I could of answered better.   Answer Question
    They offer me a different position and all they wanted from me was to pass the background check. I got the call directly from Boston, but where I interview was in Chula Vista, CA.

Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI

Phone interview with recruiter, then 2 on-site interviews.