Public Consulting Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

ITS Technical Services Manager Interview

ITS Technical Services Manager
Austin, TX

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Qualified for the position, have a great track record of past positions held, all very good terms with great references, applied for the position, received email 22 days later stating not selected. No interview given. I am an over 50 woman with 30+ years in the business with 21 of those years in IT services delivery.

Interview Question – There was no follow-up or interview given.   Answer Question

School Specialist/Analyst Interview

School Specialist/Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview Details – The hiring process for the organization was fairly extensive. The time requirement for this company would be best suited for someone who is exclusively wishing to work for this company. From start to finish the interview process lasted three months with several interviews usually two to three weeks apart from each other.

Interview Question – Questions that related to the mechanics of the position and its impact on personal life outside of office.   View Answer

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Consulting Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then in person, then panel interview. The questions were routine and very dry. It was nice to get a sense of the staff one would be working with.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation- take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Schools Specialist Interview

Schools Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Spoke with the recruiter on the phone before meeting with two people in the NYC office. I thought the interview was a bit unprofessional - I had to keep the interview going because they seemed awkward. I have not heard anything in 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell us your most difficult encounter with some you have worked with   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Public Consulting Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for an open position in the Indianapolis office online through the PCG website. I received an email from HR in Boston setting up an initial phone screening during which the position was explained and we walked through my resume. I received an email setting up an in-person interview for the following week. I arrived a few minutes early and was greeted by a woman sitting near the door. A minute later, the two Consultants with whom I was supposed to interview came to see me to the conference room. We had a very cordial and informal conversation for roughly 35-40 minutes where I was asked to go a bit more into detail regarding my experience and was asked a few "name a time when _____ " type questions.

I was told that I would hear back about the next step by the end of the week at the latest. After hearing nothing, I emailed the recruiter I initially spoke with to see if any decisions had been made and I received a form letter in reply letting me know I had not been selected for another interview. The whole process was confusing to me in that no difficult questions were posed to be during my in-person interview that I felt would have really given a true reflection of my ability, or lack thereof, to do the job. It was explained to me that the position entailed mostly just research and report writing and I communicated to the two interviewers that this was what I enjoyed doing. They both seemed to appreciate that. It came as kind of a shock that after the feedback I was receiving during the interview that I would not be selected to continue in the process. It seems that if I'm going to come all the way to the office I should get more than 30 or 40 minutes to actually talk about my experiences and abilities before I am rejected.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Public Consulting Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening, followed by an in-person interview at their office, during which I had to write a short report to demonstrate my analytic and writing abilities.

Interview Question – None. It was very informal, all were standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a little bit more salary. They were unwilling to budge.

Apprentice Business Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Public Consulting Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview was your typical interview with questions like "tell me about a time when..."
Asked about positions held via resume
What interests you about PCG

Interview Question – Typical interview questions   Answer Question

Apprentice Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Waiting for the next follow-up after a phone interview. I got an email on the next day after I submitted my resume and did the interview yesterday. The interviewer was really nice and asked about the reasons I am interested in this company and my database experience. If you prepare yourself for these kinds of questions, it would not be too difficult.

Interview Questions

Education Specialist Interview

Education Specialist
Okemos, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Public Consulting Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, then 2 on-site interviews.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty straightforward   Answer Question

Employment Training Advisor Interview

Employment Training Advisor
Chula Vista, CA

Interview Details – I was very nervous at first but the ladies that interviewed me were very nice. The environment there is very friendly. I was asked a couple of questions about what kind of experience I had. Some questions were about what kind of software I knew about. They are very interested in people that know how to use Microsoft Excel.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was Why I was interested in Social Work. Since I have an Associate Degree in Social Work they ask how it related to the position I was asking for. I think I could of answered better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer me a different position and all they wanted from me was to pass the background check. I got the call directly from Boston, but where I interview was in Chula Vista, CA.

Worked for Public Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!