Public Consulting Group

Public Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Consultant/Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview

The interview process at Public Consulting Group was quite lengthy. I went through five separate interviews with five different individuals. The process spanned over several months and made my decision to keep pursuing them challenging as I had offers from other companies coming through while I was waiting to hear back on next steps from PCG.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with a challenging client or individual and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview

In person interview, very pleasant and professional people. Extensive 1 on 1 interviews. Position details explained, experience reviewed, company culture overview, expectations outlined clearly. Position funding fell through but I'd interview here again and recommend to others.

Consultant Interview

Interview

The process began with a less than 30-minute phone interview with an HR representative. Within a week, an interview session was scheduled with several consultants and managers. The interviewers met with me individually and focused largely on my experiences in previous roles (these were not case interviews). About two weeks later, a second round of interviews was scheduled with another group of consultants and managers. These interviews proceeded in a similar fashion to those conducted in the first round.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest contribution to your previous organization?   Answer Question

Interview

First initial phone interview was not a problem just general screening. Invited for a second round in person interview but this interview was never confirmed to me because of the doings of an inept hr representative. I took that as a sign of a poor experiences to follow so i left it at that.

Apprentice Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Public Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview - nothing out of the ordinary, just some behavioral questions. Followed up with a in-person 30min interview at the Boston office - also very typical interview questions. It's been 3 weeks and HR still hasn't followed up with another interview or even responded to emails or phone calls. Has anyone else who applied for this position heard back yet?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Public Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

They did a phone screen and then an in-person interview. The in person was straight forward, some technical questions and in depth about the industry and structure there at PCG. Nothing out of the ordinary. I met with about 5 people total. They use HireRight to do background checks. This can take time. My process took two weeks. The folks there seems to be on the level and know what they are doing.

Temporary Teaching Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sussex, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Public Consulting Group (Sussex, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

applied online thru craigslist by replying with my resume over email, asked about math education experience over email, phone interview w/ recruiter was set up by recruiter, in person interview w/ principal & bigwig

Interview Questions

• what's your experience teaching math?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Public Consulting Group.

Interview

Went through one HR interview, two with the hiring manager, one with the team and the last (final) interview with the COO when he decided I didn't have the experience they were looking for...what?! It took them that long to figure this out?!!!!

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, many of the typical project manager questions   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Public Consulting Group (Glen Allen, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Positive and non-threatening. Friendly. Totally enjoyable. They explained the position as well as possible for a fairly unstructured environment. Offer was made and accepted in the interview. No behavioral questions.

ITS Technical Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Public Consulting Group (Austin, TX).

Interview

Qualified for the position, have a great track record of past positions held, all very good terms with great references, applied for the position, received email 22 days later stating not selected. No interview given. I am an over 50 woman with 30+ years in the business with 21 of those years in IT services delivery.