Public Health Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.9

Bilingual Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Public Health Solutions (Bronx, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I went to the Bronx office, to interview for the Bilingual Service Coordinator position. I was not expecting to have to fill out an application, but I did and I also had to type a business letter in both Spanish and English, as if I were already holding the position. The actual interview was not bad at all, the questions were standard interview questions, there were two women in the room, both very welcoming. They did tell me if called I will have to go to a second interview in the main building in Manhattan.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview followed by a face to face with three program managers. Everyone was friendly and asked general getting to know you and interest in the position type of questions. They were also interested in how detail oriented one is when working under deadlines. There is also a huge emphasis on customer service when working with contractors

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no opportunity for negotiation

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Public Health Solutions.

Interview

The interview was completely disorganized--just two team members. I do not think they had even considered what questions they would ask in advance. All questions were very standard about my own particular skills and career aspirations.

Interview Questions

• All questions were straightforward. Nothing too difficult or unexpected. I did have to regurgitate my resume on command because they had not even bothered to read it in advance.   Answer Question

After speaking with a former employee, and witnessing the disorganization of the interview, I was left with a negative impression.

Outreach Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Health Solutions.

Interview

Communications was fast. I proceeded to the second round. The interview with the Program Director were nothing new from the last one, so I presumed they wanted to check my "suitability".

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions applicable to the particular position.   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted a resume through a friend. The manager contacted me via phone. I had one interview with a manager and senior manager. I was offered the position a few weeks later via phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicting guidance from management?   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Public Health Solutions in November 2010.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first at the office location for which I applied with a panel of three supervisors. I was required to write a letter in Spanish for verification of fluency. The second interview was with the Program Director at the main office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Borough Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Public Health Solutions (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Position first advertised on Monster.com, as a contractor to the NY State Department of Health. Received a phone screening, then first and second interviews. Lengthy delay in receiving official offer after second interview. It was necessary to follow-up by phone several times to get update information on the hiring process. No opportunity to discuss salary or to negotiate. Interview process was friendly and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're not good at, or have problems with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lengthy delay prior to receiving offer (2-3 months, with no updates) No opportunity to negotiate salary.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Health Solutions in September 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, and within 2 days I got a call from the HR department. they left a message asking if I would like an interview. It took me a another day or so to reach the representative, but once I did she was very friendly, and we set up a meeting. Arriving to the building, the office was well-organized and modern looking. I talked to two individuals in the department I applied to separately. They talked about the company and its different programs, then asked me questions about myself (some experience stuff, why/how this company, why this specific field, my interests) and were genuinely interested in making sure the tasks involved in the position was in line with the experience I was looking to gain. They asked if I had any questions, and ended with a small test on my filing skills. Within a few days, I was offered the position- total time was approximately a week. Overall it was a very relaxed, yet professional experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an intern the item up for negotiation was in setting a schedule, which they were flexible with.