Public Health Solutions

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Public Health Solutions.

Interview Details – The interview was completely disorganized--just two team members. I do not think they had even considered what questions they would ask in advance. All questions were very standard about my own particular skills and career aspirations.

Interview Question – All questions were straightforward. Nothing too difficult or unexpected. I did have to regurgitate my resume on command because they had not even bothered to read it in advance.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After speaking with a former employee, and witnessing the disorganization of the interview, I was left with a negative impression.

Borough Manager Interview

Borough Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Public Health Solutions in August 2010.

Interview Details – Position first advertised on Monster.com, as a contractor to the NY State Department of Health. Received a phone screening, then first and second interviews. Lengthy delay in receiving official offer after second interview. It was necessary to follow-up by phone several times to get update information on the hiring process. No opportunity to discuss salary or to negotiate. Interview process was friendly and comfortable.

Interview Question – What is something you're not good at, or have problems with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lengthy delay prior to receiving offer (2-3 months, with no updates) No opportunity to negotiate salary.

Service Coordinator Interview

Service Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Public Health Solutions in November 2010.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. The first at the office location for which I applied with a panel of three supervisors. I was required to write a letter in Spanish for verification of fluency. The second interview was with the Program Director at the main office.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question: "Do you like to gossip?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Outreach Associate Interview

Outreach Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Health Solutions.

Interview Details – Communications was fast. I proceeded to the second round. The interview with the Program Director were nothing new from the last one, so I presumed they wanted to check my "suitability".

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions applicable to the particular position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Public Health Solutions in September 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online, and within 2 days I got a call from the HR department. they left a message asking if I would like an interview. It took me a another day or so to reach the representative, but once I did she was very friendly, and we set up a meeting. Arriving to the building, the office was well-organized and modern looking. I talked to two individuals in the department I applied to separately. They talked about the company and its different programs, then asked me questions about myself (some experience stuff, why/how this company, why this specific field, my interests) and were genuinely interested in making sure the tasks involved in the position was in line with the experience I was looking to gain. They asked if I had any questions, and ended with a small test on my filing skills. Within a few days, I was offered the position- total time was approximately a week. Overall it was a very relaxed, yet professional experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – As an intern the item up for negotiation was in setting a schedule, which they were flexible with.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Public Health Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Public Health Solutions interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Public Health Solutions employees and interview candidates.