Public Storage

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Interviewed by Dan, seems like great guy, questions were in-depth and based on experience. I only made it to the phone interview but I know the in-person interview is three or more hours in length. I decided to pursue other options before the second interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Public Storage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Public Storage in June 2014.

I had send my resume on friday, immediately after I received a phone call to set up a conference call with the Sr.DM and VP. We had a 15min conversation, I thought all went well but WITH IN 2 hours I received an email that they didn't think I was the right person for the job. I did not see that coming to be honest. A few questions they asked me:
    What do you know of the company, what would your formal supervisor tell about you, how would this person rate you on a scale from 1-10. You have to tell what your strength is and also weakness. Prepare a few questions yourself for at the end of the conversation. You need to tell them about your management skills.
    I hope I will have better luck next time. Good luck to all that apply. It looks like a great company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage in March 2014.

I applied online for the position and was contacted fairly quickly. I spoke with the current DM of the area I applied to and a few preliminary questions were asked. Basic background info was covered. At the end of this conversation a second phone interview was set up. This second interview was much more in depth and lasted about half an hour. During this time I learned that the company was hiring people to train into the DM program, but not start as DM's.

Interview Questions
    • What rank were you in you area vs peer DM's? What would it take for you to be #1?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Public Storage in December 2013.

Recruiter called me the next day. Asked me about 6 questions, 5 of which was why I was no longer working at my last job, only one question was about the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me one question: What do you consider yourself to be really good at?"   View Answer

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Received first call from RVP phone interview, was asked to come in for a face to face the following week. Interview was 3 hours long structured about what you would have done differently from high school! Was really a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do differently if you could change anything from high school?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Public Storage in December 2011.

Two interviews in Southern California and one interview in Georgia. The interview in Georgia was a fly out and fly back in the same day. It was a relatively straight-forward interview process. They were good about communicating the next steps and for staying in touch. The administrative assistant was on top of things, including communicating the travel arrangements.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any particular question that threw me off. I may have hestitated in a response when I was told that I will be given more work than I can complete.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everyone gets paid the same. It does not matter what the cost-of-living is in your particular metropolitan area.