Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews, two by phone and one in person. It was a very pleasant experience, very professional and straightforward. I removed my name from the hiring process due to the money and earning potential.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous boss say was your three weaknesses?   Answer Question

Bench District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Anaheim, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Once he called, he put me on hold for about a minute to review my resume he said. Awkward. He said, "Thank you for that", about 30 times in the interview. Robot. Little late calling me for the interview. Blamed it on the meeting before. Overall the experience was fine. The Bench District Manager position was explained to me as an "extra" floater position. When someone quits or whatever this person fills that spot to that person's district. So, you could be put anywhere. I asked specifically and was told the hours are Monday - Friday but sometimes Saturday. The Storage opens at 9:30 and you'll be home by 5PM every night. I don't know if this is true or not.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans 3, 5 and 10 years from now? What are some positives about your previous job? What would your former boss pick out that are some negatives about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day. 15 minute phone interview then I wAs asked to come in. Met district & senior manager. Generic questions, robot like. Had to answer same 5 questions about my past jobs and school. Was offered the job at the end of interview. Had to pass a background check, no drug test.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous boss say your 3 weaknesses were.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage in May 2015.

Interview

My resume was found by a recruiter. Phone screen, face to face interview, ride a long (spend half a day with current DM), Region VP interview, & executive VP interview. After face to face I was emailed and told they were looking at other candidates, after what seemed to be such a personable interview process I wish they would have called me and let me know what they disliked, so I may use on future interviews.

They use the A Model Interview Process.

Interview Questions

• 3 positives & 3 negatives during HS, college, and previous work history.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Short phone interview. The questions were pretty much common sense questions. My phone interview was with the district manager. Was told to come in the next day for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10 what would your previous supervisor rate you?   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

I was initially contacted via email to inform me that they would like to interview me over the phone. I contacted the recruiter that same day to setup the phone interview. I was told about both the Customer Service position, and the Sales position, and asked which one I was more interested in, I chose Sales for the higher pay, and bonus compensation.
    The phone interview was pretty basic to start. Just a review of your experience, and I felt she wanted to get a sense of my determination. That interview concluded with a more difficult role play in which I had to sell her baseball caps for her sons baseball team.
    I was later contacted by the recruiter for an in person panel interview, which was attended by 2 Sales Supervisors, and the Sales Manager of the entire office. The next day I was offered the Sales position, starting the 6 week training course in 2 weeks. I remained there successfully for years. It is a very nice place to work especially the peers and local management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. It is what they offer you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Brief. And the manager told me I couldn't get benefits until 3 months which was a lie. By the time I applied they told me I waited too long and had to wait another year for open enrollment.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before?   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Applied online, immediately got an email requesting a phone interview. The lady made me feel really relaxed and then I was then referred for the next phone interview. The whole process was easy. It involves 2 phone interviews followed by and in-house interview with the manager. They are seeing if you listen and if you can carry a conversation.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview with the Regional Vice President. Pretty standard stuff. No real surprises regarding the questions. Prefer a face-to-face. Not sure what else I can say, but I have to use at least 50 words here, so that is basically what I am doing. I think that is 50.

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Interview was short and rushed as i was not the only applicant. They hired me and 2 other people at the same time. There isn't much to tell, standard questions. Was 3 years ago, I've slept since then...