Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Public Storage
- Relief Manager (34)
- District Manager (29)
- Property Manager (16)
- District Manager Public Storage (10)
- Customer Service (4)
- Manager (4)
- Resident Property/Manager (3)
- DM (2)
- Property Manager/KTP (2)
- Relief/Property Manager (1)
- Public Storage Retail Associate Position (1)
- PS On Site Manager (1)
- Bench District Manager (1)
- Vice President Internal Audit (1)
- On-Site Sales Manager (1)
- Sales Associate (1)
- Call Center Representative (1)
- Call Center Sales Agent (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Corporate Manager (1)
- Reservation Sales Agent (1)
- Software (1)
- Administrative Assistance (1)
- Help Desk (1)
- Area Manager (1)
- Inside Sales (1)
- Exempt (1)
- Guest Service Associate (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
Long process be prepared to go deep into work history even back to school. Strength weaknesses how you work with upper management. Building a players and how you managed b and c players
- Who you worked for and how did you train employees to be a players Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage (Escondido, CA).
Audra, who is the manager of four locations, did the interview. She had just been hired and it was her first day on the job. She was still learning the ins and outs of the company. After the interview she stated that the store manager may contact me for an interview, she wasn't sure. As in she wasn't sure if the store manager was just going to go with her input or if she even did interviews. It would have been nice to talk to someone who knew the company a little better. You will be learning scripts so there is NO room for error. All of the wax centers in San Diego county were hiring. I guess that should have been my first sign.
- Tell me a little about yourself... Hobbies, interests... What experience do you have? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The interview process was easy. A couple of questions asked by the supervisor and the Call center Director. The interview process took 10 minutes and I was offered the position. Very easy
- Explain how you dealt with a irate customer? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Frisco, TX) in September 2015.
Interview was done on a speaker phone by a person in Frisco TX. There was a ton of background noise and it was very hard to hear. She continued to ask me to repeat my answers and kept telling me "I'm typing your answers into the computer and it takes a few minutes" The questions seemed very scripted and as if she was reading from a list. There was not a lot of interaction and she did not provide much information on the company or the position. Overall a very unprofessional interview.
- The continued to ask...what are your strengths. Once I would answer - she would say - tell me another one. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Overland Park, KS) in September 2015.
Got a email from a recruiter, had a interview two days later. My first interview, a district manager just asked me the basics, we had more of a conversation then a formal interview. The same day i got interviewed by the district managers big boss, he just went a little more in depth with job specs. Got hired on the spot. No drug testing(:
- 3 strengths 3 weaknesses Answer Question
They will not negotiate pay.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.
Called me before 8am to schedule a phone interview for the following morning at 8am. The call was very cold the person on the other end was like a talking Robot. I knew it did was not going good even before we hung up because of how dry he was.
- How would your previous boss rate you from 1-10? Where do you want to be in five years? I attempted to have a basic conversation with him but he was very cold and did not want to loosen up. I thought it was a good company but after that call I would not want to work with a man without a personality. 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.
The interview was extremely cold.....questions were extremely basic, interviewer was fishing for negatives, almost got annoyed when there were none to report. Coldness was somewhat uncomfortable, why interview folks if you already ruled them out? Apparently if job was offered I would be working for this robot......
- How would you boss rate you 1-10, name stuff you need improvements on.....tell me some negative things about you....really idiotic, it was apparent from the interviewer they are not accustomed interviewing a professional.....sounded like a great company to work for, however they need a better on-boarding process....get rid of the robot and have staff with a personality.... Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Public Storage (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.
Was a 30 min brief phone interview after he called me to schedule the interview an initial phone screen.. they were prompt in calling on time.. and actually after discussing the position , discussed the training process and the length of the training,,
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Public Storage (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2015.
Recruiter called and then set up a time for a formal interview. Questions were very simple. The process was easy and made me feel very comfortable while on the phone. Do you research on the company
- Why should we choose you? How would you handle a disgruntled employee etc Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Still waiting on next interview
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Public Storage.
Great People, great interview process. First interview (set up by recruiter) was with two regional managers. Follow up interview was with Regional Manager and Senior District Manager I would be under. Very professional, they took the time took explain the position well and as part of the follow up process spent a day shadowing a current district manager.
- Most district managers will have a short conversation with the C.O.O. at some point in the process. Questions were all relevant, nothing too off the wall. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review