Public Storage

54 candidate interviews

District Manager Public Storage Interview

District Manager Public Storage

Interviewed at Public Storage

Interview Details – Received first call from RVP phone interview, was asked to come in for a face to face the following week. Interview was 3 hours long structured about what you would have done differently from high school! Was really a waste of time.

Interview Question – What would you do differently if you could change anything from high school?   View Answer

District Manager Interview

District Manager

Interviewed at Public Storage

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was about 1 hour and very detailed questions were asked around P+L and management style. In person interview was very long over 2.5 hours and on location. Asked about all direct reports from the last 3 years and breakdowns of strengths and weaknesses. I was given some opportunity to ask probing questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – Asked about my high school experiences.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided I was more comfortable with were I was currently.

Administrative Assistance Interview

Administrative Assistance

Interview Details – Interview with District Manager

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult customer situation?   Answer Question

Relief Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview Details – The interview was quite tedious in hindsight. I had to go through 3 interviews to get an entry level position.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work for a company that does not propmote internally?   Answer Question

Relief Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the District manager who basically looked me over and made an offer.

Interview Question – Do you have a vehicle?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None at all.

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Public Storage in March 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty typical. Phone interview first, and then an in person one. Really nothing out of the ordinary here

Negotiation Details – There is none for a job like this

Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in April 2008.

Interview Details – After initial phone call to set up appointment, met with district manager onsite. We toured the facility and then sat down and had a question and answer type meeting. The district manager was new to the industry and was asking me questions regarding how he should do his job.

Interview Question – How many years experience do you have in the industry?   View Answer

District Manager Public Storage Interview

District Manager Public Storage
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in December 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me the next day. Asked me about 6 questions, 5 of which was why I was no longer working at my last job, only one question was about the job itself.

Interview Question – Asked me one question: What do you consider yourself to be really good at?"   View Answer

Relief Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Public Storage in October 2012.

Interview Details – applied online...called me one month afterwards...so that's a big negative...phone interview went well...meeting with "DM" didn't...they lied about becoming a on site manager in 6 months...very shady imo...just in it for themselves...don't care about you.

Interview Question – kept asking over and over about dealing with difficult customers...and want you to sell but only want to pay $9.00 per hour   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview Details – The phone interview went very well. I thought that I had at least gotten through to the next step, but did not. The person interviewing asked very good questions an made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Public Storage

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!

Public Storage Videos

Public Storage – Why Work for Us?

Public Storage built its first self-storage facility in 1972 and now operates more than 2,200 unique and diverse company-owned locations in the United States and Europe. Serving more than one million customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Public Storage interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by Public Storage employees and interview candidates.