Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Resident Property/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

Went in and met face to face. Took a test and within 2 weeks was hired. No drug testing when I was hired.Was in training for a month then you work anywhere.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work anywhere and do you have a car   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage (Lexington, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, 2nd interview 2 days later with District Manager & Senior DM ..
    Questions were pretty straight to the point, DM was friendly & personable , After first interview he told me he would call me for the next steps but the senior DM basically gave me the job on spot with contingency of passing a complete background check

Bench District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Anaheim, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Once he called, he put me on hold for about a minute to review my resume he said. Awkward. He said, "Thank you for that", about 30 times in the interview. Robot. Little late calling me for the interview. Blamed it on the meeting before. Overall the experience was fine. The Bench District Manager position was explained to me as an "extra" floater position. When someone quits or whatever this person fills that spot to that person's district. So, you could be put anywhere. I asked specifically and was told the hours are Monday - Friday but sometimes Saturday. The Storage opens at 9:30 and you'll be home by 5PM every night. I don't know if this is true or not.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans 3, 5 and 10 years from now? What are some positives about your previous job? What would your former boss pick out that are some negatives about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Pasadena, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

more of a conversation than an interview, not very many questions and more so a conversation of who i was and then we went on a tangent about sports and everything but the job. I was pretty surprised, and was expecting something completely different. unfortunately, the person who interviewed me left the week before i started.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews, two by phone and one in person. It was a very pleasant experience, very professional and straightforward. I removed my name from the hiring process due to the money and earning potential.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous boss say was your three weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day. 15 minute phone interview then I wAs asked to come in. Met district & senior manager. Generic questions, robot like. Had to answer same 5 questions about my past jobs and school. Was offered the job at the end of interview. Had to pass a background check, no drug test.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous boss say your 3 weaknesses were.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Public Storage (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

They want to make sure you have worked in sales and have experience to push people to buy things they don't want to since that's what they will be making you do. They will pick pick something random like a lock, phone, or pen and ask you to sell it to them... note you must have a drivers licence and have a car.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Hicksville, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I had one interview in person, very basic. And two interviews over the phone asking how well you sell things and managing skills. I interviews with my District Manager and Regional Manager and someone within Public Storage.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview with the Regional Vice President. Pretty standard stuff. No real surprises regarding the questions. Prefer a face-to-face. Not sure what else I can say, but I have to use at least 50 words here, so that is basically what I am doing. I think that is 50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Public Storage (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I was recommended. Not much of an interview. Not much of an interview. I was asked about my experience and my availability. Gentlemen seemed nice and cordial. He made me an offer on the spot and I accepted. This was for a part time position. I sarted within two weeks of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.