Public Storage

Average Difficulty
66 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kent, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Public Storage in June 2013.

Interview Details – Company was missing District Manager. Had to interview with subordinate .

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? What do you bring to Public storage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Loballed my salary

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Public Storage in August 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process begins through their website at PublicStorage.com. Shortly after submitting my information I recieved a call for a phone interview followed by a call with the area manager.

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager
Chamblee, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly straight forward. After submitting an application I was given a phone interview about two weeks later for about 20 minutes, basically just to verify my work history and resume as well as explaining the duties of the job. Afterwards I was contacted by a district manager to set up an interview. The 2nd interview was conducted by two managers, and lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me many questions, mainly aimed at seeing if I was being honest about my work experience and also to get to know my personality. Despite being a lower paying manager job ($10/hr), it was a somewhat difficult interview and very thorough. I was put "on the spot" a few times, with some interview questions being open-ended such as what did I do to prepare for this interview, how I felt about work safety, and even what superpower would I pick if I could choose one (a question to gauge my personality I believe). I was made an offer after the interview, and told I would get the job after passing a drug screening at Concentra within 48 hours and after a background check had been conducted.

Interview Question – After being asked my favorite and least favorite things about sales, I was then given a Public Storage lock and told to sell it to the manager interviewing me. I admit I was not expecting this. Since I was completely unfamiliar with the product, I took a deep breath before proceeding with my winged sales pitch.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I needed a job, I did not negotiate. I don't believe it would've possible anyways.

Relief/Property Manager Interview

Relief/Property Manager
West Paterson, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in November 2010.

Interview Details – There is a 2 part to the interview. First, the phone interview where they actually general questions about your past experience in retail. Then second, would be an interview with the district manager axes you more specific questions about your past experiences, future decisions, and what you can offer to the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – All I had to do was passed the drug testing

District Manager Interview

District Manager
South Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Public Storage in March 2013.

Interview Details – applied online, got a call. The process was fairly quick and easy enough. I applied in houston, texas and It was made clear very early that they were interested in candidates open to relocation to areas near by. Questions were pretty straight forward trying to legitmazie the information I provided. I answered the questions and had to call back on my own to get the sad news.

Interview Question – Would I be open to a long commute   View Answer

Relief Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Public Storage in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied, was contacted by the district manager within a week to conduct a brief phone interview. We arranged an interview, the questions were simple. I received a 2-3 minute call from the regional manager.

District Manager Public Storage Interview

District Manager Public Storage

Interviewed at Public Storage

Interview Details – Received first call from RVP phone interview, was asked to come in for a face to face the following week. Interview was 3 hours long structured about what you would have done differently from high school! Was really a waste of time.

Interview Question – What would you do differently if you could change anything from high school?   View Answer

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was send a declined email saying that I did not qualified for the position. 3 weeks later got a call from the district manager to come in for interview.

Interview Question – Why should i hire you?
How do you feel about stealing?
How do you feel about cleaning the property?
Describe a time that you had to deal with an anger customer.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did even try to negotiation. I need a job!!!!

Resident Property/Manager Interview

Resident Property/Manager
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in September 2008.

Interview Details – My interview was done by two district managers. I was asked several industry related questions. I was hired and went through four weeks of training. The District Trainer was very knowledgeable and very patient.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Public Storage in October 2012.

Interview Details – applied online...called me one month afterwards...so that's a big negative...phone interview went well...meeting with "DM" didn't...they lied about becoming a on site manager in 6 months...very shady imo...just in it for themselves...don't care about you.

Interview Question – kept asking over and over about dealing with difficult customers...and want you to sell but only want to pay $9.00 per hour   Answer Question