Public Storage

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chamblee, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chamblee, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage in July 2013.

Interview process was fairly straight forward. After submitting an application I was given a phone interview about two weeks later for about 20 minutes, basically just to verify my work history and resume as well as explaining the duties of the job. Afterwards I was contacted by a district manager to set up an interview. The 2nd interview was conducted by two managers, and lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me many questions, mainly aimed at seeing if I was being honest about my work experience and also to get to know my personality. Despite being a lower paying manager job ($10/hr), it was a somewhat difficult interview and very thorough. I was put "on the spot" a few times, with some interview questions being open-ended such as what did I do to prepare for this interview, how I felt about work safety, and even what superpower would I pick if I could choose one (a question to gauge my personality I believe). I was made an offer after the interview, and told I would get the job after passing a drug screening at Concentra within 48 hours and after a background check had been conducted.

Interview Questions
    • After being asked my favorite and least favorite things about sales, I was then given a Public Storage lock and told to sell it to the manager interviewing me. I admit I was not expecting this. Since I was completely unfamiliar with the product, I took a deep breath before proceeding with my winged sales pitch.   View Answer
    Since I needed a job, I did not negotiate. I don't believe it would've possible anyways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Public Storage in June 2013.

Company was missing District Manager. Had to interview with subordinate .

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to Public storage?   View Answer
    Loballed my salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage in March 2013.

Hiring was easy, first you'll get a phone call from the HR who will ask you a couple of questions about your background history and then you'll be asked to do a formal interview. Once at the formal interview they'll ask questions like "name a time you went above and beyond" or "when you provided the greatest customer service."

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult is when they hand you an object (lets say a highlighter) and they say "sell this to me"   Answer Question
    There are NO negotiations usually they have the amount you will earn when you fill out the application. Also there is NO advancement.

PS On Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Public Storage in March 2013.

PS was professional and direct about the opportunity. Initially looked upon this as an interim job to carry me through a career change but it was clear that for PS this is serious business and the process allowed me to recalibrate and avoid a bad match based upon my short term goals.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a leader? Please cite two examples of a leadership success from your past?   View Answer

I wanted a low-stress interim job and not a career path in PS retail operations. They seem like a good outfit for the right individual.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Public Storage in March 2013.

applied online, got a call. The process was fairly quick and easy enough. I applied in houston, texas and It was made clear very early that they were interested in candidates open to relocation to areas near by. Questions were pretty straight forward trying to legitmazie the information I provided. I answered the questions and had to call back on my own to get the sad news.

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Received first call from RVP phone interview, was asked to come in for a face to face the following week. Interview was 3 hours long structured about what you would have done differently from high school! Was really a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do differently if you could change anything from high school?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage in December 2012.

Applied online. Was send a declined email saying that I did not qualified for the position. 3 weeks later got a call from the district manager to come in for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should i hire you?
      How do you feel about stealing?
      How do you feel about cleaning the property?
      Describe a time that you had to deal with an anger customer.

Answer Question
    Did even try to negotiation. I need a job!!!!

Property Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage in November 2012.

2 telephone interviews, 1 face to face, drug and background test. The process was standard as far as interviews go. It was a fairly easy process from beginning to end, it took a while for the former county I lived in to answer the background test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Public Storage in October 2012.

applied online...called me one month afterwards...so that's a big negative...phone interview went well...meeting with "DM" didn't...they lied about becoming a on site manager in 6 months...very shady imo...just in it for themselves...don't care about you.

Interview Questions
    • kept asking over and over about dealing with difficult customers...and want you to sell but only want to pay $9.00 per hour   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Public Storage.

I only had one inteview and it went weel. After I left I was hired within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    10 phr with full Benefits.