Public Storage

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in April 2014.

Interview Details – They ask you about your previous employers (honesty is the best policy). They ask you what you would like from an employer. It is usually a two interview process. They also ask you to tell about different things you've experienced with previous employers that you felt you could have handled better or have learned from.

Interview Question – Your strengths and weaknesses and how you can improve.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate I loved the benefits.

Interviewed at Public Storage

Interview Details – 2 weeks one phone interview and 2 in person with DM and regional manager drug and back ground test take about one week to get results back they well ask what are your strengths and weakness

Interview Question – what are your weakness   Answer Question

Property Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview Details – 1. Apply at publistoragejobs.com
2. Either approach a current staff member and seek out a referral, or you'll have no other choice but to wait for recruiting to contact you. There is no way for you to follow up on your application on your own.
3. Once recruiter contacts you will be interviewed a minimum of 3 times.
4. After successfully completing the interview process, they will make a hiring offer.
5. Once you accept their offer, the company will conduct a thorough background check and a drug screening, before you will be onboarded.
6. After being onboarded, paid training will begin.

Interview Question – The interview process is completely scripted.
You will be asked about the 3 most positive and negative experiences during your highest level of educational instruction.
You will be asked about 3 positives and 3 negatives from your last 3 jobs.
You will be asked how you could have exceeded the positives and resolved the negatives.
You will be asked what your most trying time in life has been to date.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is zero negation in the field management positions.

Property Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview Details – Must Apply at www.publistoragejobs.com
Recruiter must contact you to schedule interview.
2-3 Interviews at Field Level
Drug Testing
Job Offer
Background Testing
Training Will Start After Results Come Back Positively

Interview Question – Simple interview process.--Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating is not an option at field level.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Public Storage in March 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty typical. Phone interview first, and then an in person one. Really nothing out of the ordinary here

Negotiation Details – There is none for a job like this

Property Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview Details – very easy interview. One phone with HR rep,one face to face with DM,and a super quick one with RM (same day) typical questions.

Interview Question – very straight forward interview. Felt like I had the job before it even started   Answer Question

Property Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Public Storage in August 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process begins through their website at PublicStorage.com. Shortly after submitting my information I recieved a call for a phone interview followed by a call with the area manager.

Chamblee, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly straight forward. After submitting an application I was given a phone interview about two weeks later for about 20 minutes, basically just to verify my work history and resume as well as explaining the duties of the job. Afterwards I was contacted by a district manager to set up an interview. The 2nd interview was conducted by two managers, and lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me many questions, mainly aimed at seeing if I was being honest about my work experience and also to get to know my personality. Despite being a lower paying manager job ($10/hr), it was a somewhat difficult interview and very thorough. I was put "on the spot" a few times, with some interview questions being open-ended such as what did I do to prepare for this interview, how I felt about work safety, and even what superpower would I pick if I could choose one (a question to gauge my personality I believe). I was made an offer after the interview, and told I would get the job after passing a drug screening at Concentra within 48 hours and after a background check had been conducted.

Interview Question – After being asked my favorite and least favorite things about sales, I was then given a Public Storage lock and told to sell it to the manager interviewing me. I admit I was not expecting this. Since I was completely unfamiliar with the product, I took a deep breath before proceeding with my winged sales pitch.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I needed a job, I did not negotiate. I don't believe it would've possible anyways.

Clifton, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview Details – I only had one inteview and it went weel. After I left I was hired within 30 minutes.

Interview Question – How to handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 10 phr with full Benefits.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was fast and full of stuff you never would do.

Interview Question – what is the one thing you most would like to do   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fast and easy, not a long time.

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!