Public Storage Relief Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.4

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Interview was short and rushed as i was not the only applicant. They hired me and 2 other people at the same time. There isn't much to tell, standard questions. Was 3 years ago, I've slept since then...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Public Storage

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was very lengthy ( 1 1/2 hrs), so be prepared. Based on the employees I saw, the company presents a very blue collar image. The man who gave me a tour of the facility was very adamant about the job security. Offered by the company. Anyone who wants to work for public storage should be self aware, practical, organized and responsible.

Interview Questions

• what extra curriculum activities where you involved in during high school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. The pay will increase by .50¢ after 6 months.

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online .Get phone interview if passed get called in face to face.
    You meet Dm and Regional manager for last two interviews.
    Background check,Drug,references,call past employers.
    That's basic it in a nutshell

Interview Questions

• What opportunity did you have on your last job 2 negatives,Then asked 2 positives   Answer Question

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied to Public Storage and got called for a phone interview. Once i passed the phone screen, i was asked to come down for a face-to-face interview with the DM. The regional manager also happened to be on location and decided to interview me at the same time. (Otherwise i wouldve been given a phone screen by him and an additional face-to-face interview) they were amazing! Laid out their plans for me, told me exactly why they needed me and asked me plenty of personal questions, to learn more about who i am as a person. I was very lucky, i got a job offer right on the spot! Needless to say, i was very happy, i felt like my accomplishments had finally been acknowledged by a company. Im very excited for what lies ahead! Within a week, igot hired and completed my background and DT . today is my first day!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you really felt like you couldve done something better or differently but you didnt.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great. He explained compensation,benefits, and future opportunities.

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call the next day. The first step in the interviewing process consisted of a phone screening with the District Manager. The DM basically asks if you can perform the necessary duties, please tell me about yourself and your past experience, then sets up a face to face interview (which for me was the next week). Before the face to face, I recommend focusing on STAR interview techniques (Situation, Task, Action, Result) so you will be well prepared. It was not difficult at all, but somewhat redundant. If you answer the questions well and do a great job in describing your past work experience you will be fine. After face to face with DM, you will have to interview with the Regional Manager. The RM asks you basically the same things but in less time (more or less like the phone screening but in person). After this you will do background check, drug test and walk through the location to see what they do on daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Remember STAR technique and your answers will flow in a formal and consistent way. This will apply to mostly all of their questions. Here are a few questions to give you an idea

1. Give me a time where you gave excellent customer service?
      2. Give me a time where you could have done better? (Work or personal)
      3. What did you like and dislike about your past or current job?
      4. Tell me about High School and what you were proud of and could have done better?
      5. Tell me about your last three jobs (Two things you were happy you accomplished in that job and two things you could have done better)
      6. Why are you willing to leave your job?
      7. What do you like about your supervisor (Last three jobs)
      8. Tell me about how you sell?
      9. What are your best and worst characteristics?
      10. Looking back what would you have done differently if you knew the outcome in your past jobs?
      11. Sell me this pen..

They do care about you as a person and how this job will make you better. In your interview emphasize sells, providing urgent care, handling yourself in a professional manner, having fun and enjoying people and you will do fine. Remember to ask questions to make yourself more available to learning more about the company and if this best suits you and your goals.

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but it is Full-time and you get PTO and bonuses. The next promotion up is Property Manager, but that's it as far as climbing up in the company. Although if you go to school and receive a degree I am sure you will have a better chance at working in a different area of the company.

Relief Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online was called the next day. 3 interviews: phone with recruiting manager, in person with district manager & regional manager. It helps if you were referred by a current employee. Currently in the interview stages, phone interview occurred recently

Interview Questions

• Was asked 3 biggest strengths & 3 biggest weaknesses. FYI they don't generally promote within the company but they do seek long term candidates for the relief manager position. Mention you are looking for a long term position. They do check references, conduct background check & drug testing. If you are currently employed and planning to quit be prepared to tell them why... they will ask   Answer Question

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

The interview was quite tedious in hindsight. I had to go through 3 interviews to get an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work for a company that does not propmote internally?   Answer Question

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

apply online, there will be a phone interview, followed by a face to face with a District manager. interview depends on wordiness of DM, but should last about an hour

Interview Questions

Negotiation

hourly rate is across the board.

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Public Storage (Kent, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Company was missing District Manager. Had to interview with subordinate .

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What do you bring to Public storage?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Loballed my salary

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Hiring was easy, first you'll get a phone call from the HR who will ask you a couple of questions about your background history and then you'll be asked to do a formal interview. Once at the formal interview they'll ask questions like "name a time you went above and beyond" or "when you provided the greatest customer service."

Interview Questions

• Most difficult is when they hand you an object (lets say a highlighter) and they say "sell this to me"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are NO negotiations usually they have the amount you will earn when you fill out the application. Also there is NO advancement.