Public Storage

2.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Applied online was called the next day. 3 interviews: phone with recruiting manager, in person with district manager & regional manager. It helps if you were referred by a current employee. Currently in the interview stages, phone interview occurred recently

Interview Questions
  • Was asked 3 biggest strengths & 3 biggest weaknesses. FYI they don't generally promote within the company but they do seek long term candidates for the relief manager position. Mention you are looking for a long term position. They do check references, conduct background check & drug testing. If you are currently employed and planning to quit be prepared to tell them why... they will ask   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Public Storage

Relief Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage.

The interview was quite tedious in hindsight. I had to go through 3 interviews to get an entry level position.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to work for a company that does not propmote internally?   Answer Question

Relief Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Public Storage.

apply online, there will be a phone interview, followed by a face to face with a District manager. interview depends on wordiness of DM, but should last about an hour

Interview Questions
    hourly rate is across the board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Public Storage in June 2013.

Company was missing District Manager. Had to interview with subordinate .

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to Public storage?   View Answer
    Loballed my salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in March 2013.

Hiring was easy, first you'll get a phone call from the HR who will ask you a couple of questions about your background history and then you'll be asked to do a formal interview. Once at the formal interview they'll ask questions like "name a time you went above and beyond" or "when you provided the greatest customer service."

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult is when they hand you an object (lets say a highlighter) and they say "sell this to me"   Answer Question
    There are NO negotiations usually they have the amount you will earn when you fill out the application. Also there is NO advancement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in December 2012.

Applied online. Was send a declined email saying that I did not qualified for the position. 3 weeks later got a call from the district manager to come in for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should i hire you?
      How do you feel about stealing?
      How do you feel about cleaning the property?
      Describe a time that you had to deal with an anger customer.
        Answer Question
    Did even try to negotiation. I need a job!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Public Storage in October 2012.

applied online...called me one month afterwards...so that's a big negative...phone interview went well...meeting with "DM" didn't...they lied about becoming a on site manager in 6 months...very shady imo...just in it for themselves...don't care about you.

Interview Questions
    • kept asking over and over about dealing with difficult customers...and want you to sell but only want to pay $9.00 per hour   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in April 2012.

Extremely simple interview. There is nothing difficult about it whatsoever. They will hire anybody. Just make sure you don't say you are looking for a company you can grow in because you cannot be promoted beyond property manager.

Relief Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Public Storage in August 2011.

I applied, was contacted by the district manager within a week to conduct a brief phone interview. We arranged an interview, the questions were simple. I received a 2-3 minute call from the regional manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Public Storage in May 2011.

Got an e-mail about my candidacy and asked that I call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview and initial communication was enjoyable and professional. Everything seemed to be communicated well and expectations were accurately set. The onsite interview was also enjoyable while a little unorganized.

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!