Public Storage

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

Interviewed at Public Storage

Interview Details – Applied online was called the next day. 3 interviews: phone with recruiting manager, in person with district manager & regional manager. It helps if you were referred by a current employee. Currently in the interview stages, phone interview occurred recently

Interview Question – Was asked 3 biggest strengths & 3 biggest weaknesses. FYI they don't generally promote within the company but they do seek long term candidates for the relief manager position. Mention you are looking for a long term position. They do check references, conduct background check & drug testing. If you are currently employed and planning to quit be prepared to tell them why... they will ask   Answer Question

Middletown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in April 2012.

Interview Details – Extremely simple interview. There is nothing difficult about it whatsoever. They will hire anybody. Just make sure you don't say you are looking for a company you can grow in because you cannot be promoted beyond property manager.

Relief Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview Details – The interview was quite tedious in hindsight. I had to go through 3 interviews to get an entry level position.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work for a company that does not propmote internally?   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Public Storage in May 2011.

Interview Details – Got an e-mail about my candidacy and asked that I call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview and initial communication was enjoyable and professional. Everything seemed to be communicated well and expectations were accurately set. The onsite interview was also enjoyable while a little unorganized.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the District manager who basically looked me over and made an offer.

Interview Question – Do you have a vehicle?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None at all.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in March 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring was easy, first you'll get a phone call from the HR who will ask you a couple of questions about your background history and then you'll be asked to do a formal interview. Once at the formal interview they'll ask questions like "name a time you went above and beyond" or "when you provided the greatest customer service."

Interview Question – Most difficult is when they hand you an object (lets say a highlighter) and they say "sell this to me"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are NO negotiations usually they have the amount you will earn when you fill out the application. Also there is NO advancement.

Relief Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview Details – apply online, there will be a phone interview, followed by a face to face with a District manager. interview depends on wordiness of DM, but should last about an hour

Interview Question – Sell me this pen?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – hourly rate is across the board.

Kent, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Public Storage in June 2013.

Interview Details – Company was missing District Manager. Had to interview with subordinate .

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? What do you bring to Public storage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Loballed my salary

Relief Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Public Storage in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied, was contacted by the district manager within a week to conduct a brief phone interview. We arranged an interview, the questions were simple. I received a 2-3 minute call from the regional manager.

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was send a declined email saying that I did not qualified for the position. 3 weeks later got a call from the district manager to come in for interview.

Interview Question – Why should i hire you?
How do you feel about stealing?
How do you feel about cleaning the property?
Describe a time that you had to deal with an anger customer.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did even try to negotiation. I need a job!!!!

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!