Publishers Clearing House

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Manager Interview

Port Washington, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House in March 2014.

Interview Details – I met with the head of digital, the head of social media, the former social media manager and the HR director across two separate visits.

Interview Question – How would you approach responding to 2000 facebook comments per day?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview Details – Applied online (via their job portal). I was contacted by an HR person (who asked me some basic questions) and set up a time to come in to interview. I interviewed with higher ups from the marketing department. Heard back a few days later with an offer... wasn't given that much time to think about it either.

Interview Question – Favorite class outside of majors and minors, and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Port Washington, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House in January 2013.

Interview Details – Simple interview, sit with your direct manager, then your indirect manager, then the assistant controller, and then the controller

Interview Question – No difficult questions, they just test your basic knowledge like, what is an accrual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

QA Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview Details – 1 skype interview first and scheduled an onsite meeting with managers. The whole onsite interview went about 2 hours. People there are really nice and friendly. Most of the questions are related to the previous experience and some technical questions.

Credit Analyst Interview

Long Island City, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House in May 2013.

Interview Details – Three people interviewed me with lots of behavior, major and previous experience questions. The whole interview process lasts 2 hours.

Creative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview Details – First there is a screening interview over the phone, followed by a in-person interview. Not really a bad process and the people I dealt with in HR and the hiring manager were decent. However, there was no follow-up and they kind of left me hanging which is the new normal I guess. Common courtesy has gone out the window in this soft job market. It seems like it could be a good place to work. But I would'nt know because I never heard from them again

Interview Question – No difficult or trick questions   Answer Question

Search Marketing Analyst Interview

Port Washington, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met with HR recruiter and 3 members of the department. Everyone was very friendly. Spent about 2 hours there. Head of HR said I should hear that week. They never got back to me. At least have the decency to contact me regardless of the decision!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Port Washington, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House in May 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was standard. Consisted of questions about background and what you are looking for as a candidate. In person interview was friendly and not very professional. I took a few hours to get to the location and met with about 3 different people since I was "suited for multiple positions" within the company. I was told I would be contacted but never was.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working in a high paced environment with little specifications or task management?   View Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Port Washington, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House in November 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy here. There were not multiple interviews like there are at other companies. Some questions can be difficult, but manageable.

Interview Question – Logic Questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is very difficult to netotiate a higher salary here.

Creative Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Publishers Clearing House in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was a one on one interview. Interviewer was friendly. Not a long interview. Met with the interviewer and then the Human Resources person who offered me the job on the spot. No waiting for a call back.

Interview Question – No difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Publishers Clearing House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publishers Clearing House interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Publishers Clearing House employees and interview candidates.