Publishers Clearing House Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

2.7

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

Meet first with HR and had a mini interview, then was introduced to and interviewed with 4 other individuals. Finally met with the VP, and was sent once around again to meet one last time with HR. Great atmosphere, wonderful people for the most part. Interview lasted over 3 hours. Instead of telling me I didn't get the job though, they ceased all communication with me and refused to respond to follow email and phone call. Very rude and unprofessional, overall it soured the positive experience I had.

Interview Questions

• What industries are doing the best/worst, what recommendations would you make for the future?   Answer Question

Online Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

One phone interview and two in person interviews, It was a very relaxed interview talking about prior experience and what is expected. Also included was how the company plans to grow and competition

Interview Questions

• It was a very relaxed interview and prior experience and expectations were included   Answer Question

Negotiation

You need to negotiate salary

Manager, Customer Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a nice experience . interviewer made the interview decent and cool , which make my interview easy going. They emphases more on logical and practical work done in your carrier. Ask all the general concepts including Database query, Operating system basic concepts, Testing terminology,etc.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with the head of digital, the head of social media, the former social media manager and the HR director across two separate visits.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach responding to 2000 facebook comments per day?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

Applied online (via their job portal). I was contacted by an HR person (who asked me some basic questions) and set up a time to come in to interview. I interviewed with higher ups from the marketing department. Heard back a few days later with an offer... wasn't given that much time to think about it either.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

QA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

1 skype interview first and scheduled an onsite meeting with managers. The whole onsite interview went about 2 hours. People there are really nice and friendly. Most of the questions are related to the previous experience and some technical questions.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Long Island City, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Three people interviewed me with lots of behavior, major and previous experience questions. The whole interview process lasts 2 hours.

Creative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House.

Interview

First there is a screening interview over the phone, followed by a in-person interview. Not really a bad process and the people I dealt with in HR and the hiring manager were decent. However, there was no follow-up and they kind of left me hanging which is the new normal I guess. Common courtesy has gone out the window in this soft job market. It seems like it could be a good place to work. But I would'nt know because I never heard from them again

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Simple interview, sit with your direct manager, then your indirect manager, then the assistant controller, and then the controller

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, they just test your basic knowledge like, what is an accrual.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Search Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publishers Clearing House (Port Washington, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with HR recruiter and 3 members of the department. Everyone was very friendly. Spent about 2 hours there. Head of HR said I should hear that week. They never got back to me. At least have the decency to contact me regardless of the decision!