Publix Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.0

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I first had a phone screen with recruiter who went over my qualifications, salary expectations and availability. Tthen I had to take an MCSE type test online to prove my technical skills. After that was completed, a phone screen with the hiring manager was scheduled. In person interview with manager and two senior engineers followed.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational based on scenarios that they had encountered. How would you reinstall an application that you had lost the installable media for. How would you troubleshoot the failed install of a custom written application.   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA).

Interview

Waited forever .. Interviewer was late Interviewer kept focusing on how physical the job was (I am female and kind of small). I regularly lift heavy weights, worked manufacturing (heavy lifting) for 9+ years, and am solidly built. I feel like he kept seeing my gender as an issue. Questions were rushed and he seemed disinterested and hurried. Maybe I should have went into the interview in ripped jeans and a muscle shirt.

Interview Questions

• Why Publix, can you lift 30 pounds at least, can you do the physical portion of the job   Answer Question

Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Ask me why I want to work for them and dove into my 28yrs experience with questions asking me about certain situations and how I would react. They also wanted to see pictures of my work and I showed them my numbers and showed them my evals from the last 10 yrs

Anonymous Employee in Lilburn, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix (Lilburn, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

You have to go to a job kiosk and fill out some stuff. Then they'll call you to do a one on one interview. They tend to be more friendly than other low-skill recruiters. In fact, they're so friendly that you will probably leave the interview thinking you made it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what the slogan of Publix was.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application at the JAC (Job Application Center), then spoke with the store manager right after. She was really nice and told me she would pull my application. I got a call about a week later for an interview with the department manager. He was really relaxed and personable and the questions were just general questions about myself. He said he wanted me for the job and to expect a call from the store manager for a second interview. A couple days later, I received the call from the store manager to set up an interview with her. The second interview with the her was a couple days later and was just as relaxed as the first one. She was extremely welcoming, and it felt like we were having a general conversation, not a job interview. At the end, she gave me an offer and I accepted. Both interviews were pretty quick (no more than 15 min). Entire process, with orientation, was about 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Sandy Springs, GA).

Interview

General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

applied online and got a call in a week for a interview.Very brief short and to the point,relaxing and great interviewer.They call back for a second interview in days if they like you.

Interview Questions

found a job doing construction

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Publix (Smyrna, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

quick interviews centered on customer service. They look for social skills, attitude, and confidence. It may include multiple interviews. They didn't discuss my wage much. They were open to the availability of my schedule. They were interested about my future with the company. The managers were kind, shook my hand, and smiled often.

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Roswell, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward, we discussed job duties and responsibilities, transportation, availability. I was asked what I know of Publix History, my idea of customer service, and how I would handle a "bad" customer. Customer comes first, service is top in importance, making them happy. Finalized with an offer of pay and the job, and I took it.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would handle a customer angry at a failed product?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We both agreed to the base pay.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The application has to be filled out in the store, once that is done, expect to get a phone call within the next two weeks. Associates normally have to complete to in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• "What are your weaknesses" - This was my first time being asked this in an interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't really able to negotiate. I didn't have much kitchen experience so they gave me the starting salary. Kitchen experience, customer service certifications, etc. are very good and will give you leverage in negotiating your hourly rate