Publix Bagger Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

1.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in October 2010.

Interview was smooth and the assistant manager did a fine job in being clear and communicative with me during the whole process. She went over a bit of history of Publix, drug tests are mandatory and once that was screened and came back clean I was able to continue through the hiring process. Most questions were about me, what I believe is right from wrong, and work ethics.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Publix.

She was very nice and easy going, made jokes it was really relaxed. Basically we talked about skills important to the job. We went to the back room and she asked me questions like how quickly I could work, and if I could work nights.

Bagger Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Publix in April 2010.

So I went in and used the computer they had given me, it took me 2 hours of standing there filing out information and answering all the questions they had asked me. A lot of what if questions about customer service. Basically try to be the nicest person you can be. I had to put in my password and email again in order to reapply as it was past 3 months. I actually forgot my password and they were kind enough to give me a password to type in. When i got the interview, It only took about 10 minutes it felt like to me. Not many questions was left open to ask after taking their application questionnaire.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview the store manager said, this job is very repetitive, are you ok with that?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix.

I applied on the computer in the store but they never called me for an interview. So I passed by every week to speak to the manager until he finally succumbed to my persistence and interviewed me. I was a college student at the time so I already knew the basics of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not difficult at all. It was more like a conversation and getting to know each other.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Publix in June 2014.

applied online and got a call in a week for a interview.Very brief short and to the point,relaxing and great interviewer.They call back for a second interview in days if they like you.

Interview Questions

found a job doing construction

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in September 2012.

I was interviewed by the manager. He was a very nice guy and gave me the job right away. I was 16 at the time. I was kinda scared to go to work for the first time but he was funny and I loved working there. I would recommend everyone to apply for a job here, since you are very likely to get accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What are you hoping to accomplish while working here?   View Answer
    Just take it! I didn't need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooksville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooksville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in August 2013.

I applied in store and about a week later they called and scheduled an interview and it was basic interview questions they told me to wait til friday for them to call then they called friday.

Interview Questions
    • what do you wash first in your bathroom?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodstock, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Publix in January 2013.

I started applying at Publix in July of 2012, continued to update my application every month, and I finally got a call for an interview in January 2013. We set up the interview for 2 days later, on a Friday. I was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager and the Deli Manager, which is funny because I didn't realize that I had even applied for the deli department. They were both very kind and the Asst Store Manager knew that this was my first interview ever, so he kept trying to put me at ease. He honestly didn't let me talk much, just asked about a few things on my application and asked me what my long term goals were. Then the Deli Manager explained what the job would be like. I think they realized that the deli wasn't the right place for me, because I was so surprised to hear that they were interviewing me for that department and because I maybe didn't look so enthusiastic when they explained that I would have to lift 60 pound chicken crates pretty often and I couldn't be afraid to get dirty. (I didn't tell them that I'm a vegetarian...) But the Asst Store Manager seemed to like me, and told me that I did a great job. So, he called me again on Monday and asked me if I could come in an hour later and offered me a job as a bagger. I accepted, took a drug test, and should get the results back in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was that they were interviewing me for the deli department, which I don't remember applying for.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $7.75 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Publix in November 2008.

Extremely easy interview, reccomend showing up to the store and applying within.

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in June 2010.

Sloppy interview. Literally the easiest thing you could do. Answered some questions and that's it. Now I work with a bunch of people who just stand around doing nothing, but of course those are the managers' favorites, and then they complain to those actually doing work.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just a yes or no.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!