Publix

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – I applied on the computer in the store but they never called me for an interview. So I passed by every week to speak to the manager until he finally succumbed to my persistence and interviewed me. I was a college student at the time so I already knew the basics of interviews.

Interview Question – The interview was not difficult at all. It was more like a conversation and getting to know each other.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Publix in June 2014.

Interview Details – applied online and got a call in a week for a interview.Very brief short and to the point,relaxing and great interviewer.They call back for a second interview in days if they like you.

Interview Question – what do you know about this company   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – found a job doing construction

Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the manager. He was a very nice guy and gave me the job right away. I was 16 at the time. I was kinda scared to go to work for the first time but he was funny and I loved working there. I would recommend everyone to apply for a job here, since you are very likely to get accepted.

Interview Question – What are you hoping to accomplish while working here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just take it! I didn't need to negotiate.

Brooksville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in store and about a week later they called and scheduled an interview and it was basic interview questions they told me to wait til friday for them to call then they called friday.

Interview Question – what do you wash first in your bathroom?   View Answer

Woodstock, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Publix in January 2013.

Interview Details – I started applying at Publix in July of 2012, continued to update my application every month, and I finally got a call for an interview in January 2013. We set up the interview for 2 days later, on a Friday. I was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager and the Deli Manager, which is funny because I didn't realize that I had even applied for the deli department. They were both very kind and the Asst Store Manager knew that this was my first interview ever, so he kept trying to put me at ease. He honestly didn't let me talk much, just asked about a few things on my application and asked me what my long term goals were. Then the Deli Manager explained what the job would be like. I think they realized that the deli wasn't the right place for me, because I was so surprised to hear that they were interviewing me for that department and because I maybe didn't look so enthusiastic when they explained that I would have to lift 60 pound chicken crates pretty often and I couldn't be afraid to get dirty. (I didn't tell them that I'm a vegetarian...) But the Asst Store Manager seemed to like me, and told me that I did a great job. So, he called me again on Monday and asked me if I could come in an hour later and offered me a job as a bagger. I accepted, took a drug test, and should get the results back in a few days.

Interview Question – The most unexpected thing was that they were interviewing me for the deli department, which I don't remember applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $7.75 an hour.

Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in November 2008.

Interview Details – Extremely easy interview, reccomend showing up to the store and applying within.

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in June 2010.

Interview Details – Sloppy interview. Literally the easiest thing you could do. Answered some questions and that's it. Now I work with a bunch of people who just stand around doing nothing, but of course those are the managers' favorites, and then they complain to those actually doing work.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just a yes or no.

Bagger

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in January 2008.

Interview Details – Called, had a 1on1 interview them accepted and got the job after background check and drug test

Interview Question – what skills are you good at   Answer Question

Bagger

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Publix in October 2008.

Interview Details – I got a call saying come to interview. I went and interviewed. They called me an hour later and told me I got the job and to come back for a drug test.

Bagger

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in January 2010.

Interview Details – I have always enjoyed coming to this publix. The process was very to the point. The enviorment is friendly and nice. But most of all, I enjoy the staff. To put it into few words, they have great manners and go beyond their job descriptions.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Publix

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix Bagger interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees and interview candidates.