Publix Bagger Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

1.9

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

She was very nice and easy going, made jokes it was really relaxed. Basically we talked about skills important to the job. We went to the back room and she asked me questions like how quickly I could work, and if I could work nights.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Publix in April 2010.

Interview

So I went in and used the computer they had given me, it took me 2 hours of standing there filing out information and answering all the questions they had asked me. A lot of what if questions about customer service. Basically try to be the nicest person you can be. I had to put in my password and email again in order to reapply as it was past 3 months. I actually forgot my password and they were kind enough to give me a password to type in. When i got the interview, It only took about 10 minutes it felt like to me. Not many questions was left open to ask after taking their application questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• During the interview the store manager said, this job is very repetitive, are you ok with that?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix in October 2008.

Interview

I got a call saying come to interview. I went and interviewed. They called me an hour later and told me I got the job and to come back for a drug test.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix (Greenville, SC) in November 2008.

Interview

Extremely easy interview, reccomend showing up to the store and applying within.

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

applied online and got a call in a week for a interview.Very brief short and to the point,relaxing and great interviewer.They call back for a second interview in days if they like you.

Interview Questions

found a job doing construction

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied on the computer in the store but they never called me for an interview. So I passed by every week to speak to the manager until he finally succumbed to my persistence and interviewed me. I was a college student at the time so I already knew the basics of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not difficult at all. It was more like a conversation and getting to know each other.   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager. He was a very nice guy and gave me the job right away. I was 16 at the time. I was kinda scared to go to work for the first time but he was funny and I loved working there. I would recommend everyone to apply for a job here, since you are very likely to get accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to accomplish while working here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just take it! I didn't need to negotiate.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Publix (Woodstock, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

I started applying at Publix in July of 2012, continued to update my application every month, and I finally got a call for an interview in January 2013. We set up the interview for 2 days later, on a Friday. I was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager and the Deli Manager, which is funny because I didn't realize that I had even applied for the deli department. They were both very kind and the Asst Store Manager knew that this was my first interview ever, so he kept trying to put me at ease. He honestly didn't let me talk much, just asked about a few things on my application and asked me what my long term goals were. Then the Deli Manager explained what the job would be like. I think they realized that the deli wasn't the right place for me, because I was so surprised to hear that they were interviewing me for that department and because I maybe didn't look so enthusiastic when they explained that I would have to lift 60 pound chicken crates pretty often and I couldn't be afraid to get dirty. (I didn't tell them that I'm a vegetarian...) But the Asst Store Manager seemed to like me, and told me that I did a great job. So, he called me again on Monday and asked me if I could come in an hour later and offered me a job as a bagger. I accepted, took a drug test, and should get the results back in a few days.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing was that they were interviewing me for the deli department, which I don't remember applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $7.75 an hour.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Pembroke Pines, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Sloppy interview. Literally the easiest thing you could do. Answered some questions and that's it. Now I work with a bunch of people who just stand around doing nothing, but of course those are the managers' favorites, and then they complain to those actually doing work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, just a yes or no.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix in January 2008.

Interview

Called, had a 1on1 interview them accepted and got the job after background check and drug test