Publix Bakery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Melbourne Beach, FL).

Interview

It was VERY hard for me to get interviewed. I applied (you must apply at a computer station in-store) and came in once a twice a week for two months before I got called in, and even then it was to another store that was a half hour away from my house. (Annoying, since I applied to a store within walking distance from my home with the intention of saving money by biking to work. Instead, I spent a good chunk of money on gas getting to and from my shifts.) Once I got the interview, though, it was a breeze. Unless you really bomb the interview or fail the drug test, you've pretty much got the job by that point. My interviewing manager was very pleasant to talk with and was kind about calming me down (it was my first interview and I was a *little* nervous), and he went through pretty standard questions. He asked me what position I was applying for, and when I explained that I had my heart set on the bakery he told me they didn't really have openings there. I said that I would be happy to work as a cashier or in another department until something opened up, and he asked if I would be willing to get up as early as 4AM to work in the bakery. I said yes, and he very generously spoke the department manager and got me a starting position there.

Interview Questions

• What were my interests and subjects of study in school?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Franklin, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied at the kiosk at the front of the store. I was surprised to get a call to come in for an interview only two days later! She was the Deli manager, the bakery manager came over and we talked and I decided I would like the Bakery better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the store manager said he'd start me out at $10/hr, which was around what I was expecting.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in December 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after applying. It was pretty easy, I was asked why I wanted to work for Publix and what I thought good customer service was. My only issue is it took a month for the background check.

Interview Questions

• They took me to the bakery and asked me to frost a rose (I am bakery clerk/cake decorating apprentice).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, I was told the highest they could pay me was $9/hr for now, but opportunities to raise it would come twice a year. He just said if you'd like to work with us, we'd be happy to have you.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I was referred to the store manager by a current employee, so I am fairly sure I skipped much of the usual interview process. I went in for the interview with the store Manager and Assistant store Manager and was asked a number of interview questions like " What are your hobbies?" " Why do you want to work at Publix?" " What is your experience?" "What can you bring to the table as a Publix Employee?".

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your spare time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was expecting a lesser amount as I was initially hired for a different position but when I went in to fill out paperwork I was told I was being placed in a different department with a 75 cent pay raise. No negotiation, it was more than I was expecting and I was content.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Talked to bakery manager he seemed interested in me haven't heard back. That was a month ago. I was pretty excited about the job and the atmosphere of the place. Have heard nothing but great things about them

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Are you looking for a job or a career   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Interview

talked to manager, he seemed interested in my resume but i never got a call back it has been about three weeks now, i was excited to work for this company as well. but i never got an offer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Filled out application online and was called for an interview after about 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told what the hourly rate was and was asked if I'd like to think about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Its an one a one interview with the manager. He asked me if I would be interest to work at the bakery or deli. The questions were: Tell me about your self, why publix? tell me how is college going, tell me a person who inspired you, what is success for you, why should I hire you and not another candidate, what are your strengths and weaknesses

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. I went to one store to apply, a nice cashier gave me some words of encouragement, I recieved a call that very day to come in for an interview. I was offered a job right then and there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard, they basically really really needed people   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Manager told me to come in he would just hire me no interview necessary. The girl filled out my paper work then told me I would get 9 hr and more on my first review the manager would bump it up. 2 weeks later no call, I called back and the girl forgot to put my information in the computer, two weeks later then they hired me. And gave my job to someone else.

Negotiation

none, manager was on the phone and said he would increase my pay soon. But it never happened.