Publix Bakery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

1.6

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix in December 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview about 2 weeks after applying. It was pretty easy, I was asked why I wanted to work for Publix and what I thought good customer service was. My only issue is it took a month for the background check.

Interview Questions

• They took me to the bakery and asked me to frost a rose (I am bakery clerk/cake decorating apprentice).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, I was told the highest they could pay me was $9/hr for now, but opportunities to raise it would come twice a year. He just said if you'd like to work with us, we'd be happy to have you.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I was referred to the store manager by a current employee, so I am fairly sure I skipped much of the usual interview process. I went in for the interview with the store Manager and Assistant store Manager and was asked a number of interview questions like " What are your hobbies?" " Why do you want to work at Publix?" " What is your experience?" "What can you bring to the table as a Publix Employee?".

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your spare time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was expecting a lesser amount as I was initially hired for a different position but when I went in to fill out paperwork I was told I was being placed in a different department with a 75 cent pay raise. No negotiation, it was more than I was expecting and I was content.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Talked to bakery manager he seemed interested in me haven't heard back. That was a month ago. I was pretty excited about the job and the atmosphere of the place. Have heard nothing but great things about them

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Are you looking for a job or a career   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Interview

talked to manager, he seemed interested in my resume but i never got a call back it has been about three weeks now, i was excited to work for this company as well. but i never got an offer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Filled out application online and was called for an interview after about 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told what the hourly rate was and was asked if I'd like to think about it.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Its an one a one interview with the manager. He asked me if I would be interest to work at the bakery or deli. The questions were: Tell me about your self,
    why publix?
    tell me how is college going,
     tell me a person who inspired you,
    what is success for you,
    why should I hire you and not another candidate,
    what are your strengths and weaknesses

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. I went to one store to apply, a nice cashier gave me some words of encouragement, I recieved a call that very day to come in for an interview. I was offered a job right then and there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard, they basically really really needed people   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Manager told me to come in he would just hire me no interview necessary. The girl filled out my paper work then told me I would get 9 hr and more on my first review the manager would bump it up. 2 weeks later no call, I called back and the girl forgot to put my information in the computer, two weeks later then they hired me. And gave my job to someone else.

Negotiation

none, manager was on the phone and said he would increase my pay soon. But it never happened.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Nashville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied using the in-store kiosk and once finished, spoke to a manager at Customer Service. He said he would inform the bakery of my application. I received a call the following day asking me to come in for an interview the next day with the store manager. I met with the SM, had an easy interview, mainly consisting of Publix info and history, and was asked a couple of easy questions (tell me about yourself; why did I want to work there/in that position). The SM scheduled me to come back the next day to meet with the Bakery Manager, which was also a breeze (I was asked, "Why Publix?"). At this time, I was given the drug test and sent on my way. It took a week to get the drug test back, at which time I was asked to come back in to fill out paperwork. Orientation is next, and then I will start in the bakery! Everyone I have encountered, from the Customer Service manager to the Store Manager to the Bakery Manager to other employees, has been so enthusiastic and passionate about their jobs and working for Publix...I'm very excited!

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Publix (Weston, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I went to Publix and filled out the application in store. After changing my availability a few times, I was called in for an interview about four months after filling out the initial application. I had an interview with the store manager, very basic questions were asked, such as if I was attending school, what would my available days to work be, how do I see my personality benefiting the department I wish to work in, etc. I was hired on the spot after about 15 minutes of talking. Afterwards, I was given a drug test and background check, which came back about 3 days later. Then the next step was to fill out paper work and get registered for orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are given the option to negotiate, but I didn't. This was my first job as a college student, so I didn't want to risk starting off on the wrong foot. If you're full time and have a family to support, then I would suggest to negotiate.