Publix Cake Decorator Interview Questions

1.0

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Asked a few basic questions and then did a drug test right on the spot. Discussion of pay was brief, and then expectations were talked about. Hired immediately after.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Just basic questions about experience and availability.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Savannah, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied in person at one location and was told that another store would contact me for an interview. I came into the other location and was scoffed at by the staff saying I had to apply in person at THAT store. After asking for the store manager I was ushered into the interview. It was professional and easy... I explained why I was excited to start a career with Publix since their values are so much better than Kroger. I was asked how I handle customers and about my past experience in customer service.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question I was asked was if later down the road, if I were to get full time, would I put Publix first...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told that I could start part time at $9/hr. I started after being paid crap at Kroger, I should have tried to up talk my work experience and ask for a little more... Im sure I could have gotten 25 more cents or so...