Publix

Very Easy Interview

Cake Decorator Interview

Cake Decorator
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix in March 2011.

Interview Details – Asked a few basic questions and then did a drug test right on the spot. Discussion of pay was brief, and then expectations were talked about. Hired immediately after.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. Just basic questions about experience and availability.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cake Decorator Interview

Cake Decorator
Savannah, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Publix in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied in person at one location and was told that another store would contact me for an interview. I came into the other location and was scoffed at by the staff saying I had to apply in person at THAT store. After asking for the store manager I was ushered into the interview.
It was professional and easy... I explained why I was excited to start a career with Publix since their values are so much better than Kroger.
I was asked how I handle customers and about my past experience in customer service.

Interview Question – An unexpected question I was asked was if later down the road, if I were to get full time, would I put Publix first...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told that I could start part time at $9/hr.
I started after being paid crap at Kroger, I should have tried to up talk my work experience and ask for a little more... Im sure I could have gotten 25 more cents or so...

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!