Publix

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix in March 2011.

Asked a few basic questions and then did a drug test right on the spot. Discussion of pay was brief, and then expectations were talked about. Hired immediately after.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were difficult. Just basic questions about experience and availability.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix in July 2010.

I applied in person at one location and was told that another store would contact me for an interview. I came into the other location and was scoffed at by the staff saying I had to apply in person at THAT store. After asking for the store manager I was ushered into the interview.
    It was professional and easy... I explained why I was excited to start a career with Publix since their values are so much better than Kroger.
    I was asked how I handle customers and about my past experience in customer service.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question I was asked was if later down the road, if I were to get full time, would I put Publix first...   View Answer
    I was told that I could start part time at $9/hr.
    I started after being paid crap at Kroger, I should have tried to up talk my work experience and ask for a little more... Im sure I could have gotten 25 more cents or so...