Publix

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Interview Question – What are your flaws   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sandy Springs, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.

Very Easy Interview

Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Went into the store and applied at the kiosk. A manager had seen me applying and came over to me, he then asked if I could interview right then. He took me to an office and we chatted. I was only 16 at the time so I wasn't sure how the process was supposed to go. He was a very laid back chill guy and I felt very comfortable the entire time. He is still, 9 years later, my favorite manager. After talking for a bit he asked me when I could come back with a parent for a drug test, I went back that night and was told I had the job. Started work the next week.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions, the only one that sticks out in my mind that he asked me was "Why do you want to work for Publix?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was 16 and got minimum wage like every other teenager.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the store manager. Tell me about yourself type interview. We had a conversation about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. Offered me a job right away and did a drug test

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in May 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out application at the application booth at one of the stores. Asked you to take a personality quiz during the application process. Called for an interview in which I interviewed with the Customer Service Manager and the Store Manager. Around a 30 minute interview and was offered the job immediately after the interview.

Interview Question – What happens when a customer has a bad shopping experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Able to start from previous rate from previous job.

Interviewed at Publix

Interview Details – I put in an application at the kiosk at the front of the store. Less than a week later I was contacted to come in for an interview. I spoke with the Customer Service Manager and then the Store Manager for a brief time. When they schedule a time for you to come back in for the drug test you have the job.

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – Just had one interview, It was a simple interview since it was for a lower level position. The manager greeted me and took me to his office. He asked me some standard questions to basically get to know me and see what type of person I was. Publix wants good-hearted, friendly people.

Interview Question – Not really hard or unexpected just asked" What all can you do for he company?"   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was more of a conversation about Publix and my most recent experience. Just talked about expectations and what he was looking for in an employee. Talked about my future goals with the company and other departments I would be interested in at a later time.

Interview Question – None. Very simple and quick   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Store manager made an offer and I accepted.

Pompano Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – There was interview in person. Also you go there a few training process in there warehouse and in the store you will work in.

Interview Question – there will is not unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would yes.

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interview Details – I applied in-store and called a few times to make sure they knew I was really interested in interviewing. They finally scheduled one with me in the store, it was a solo interview. Usually the store manager takes part in the interviews but he was out of town so i was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager and the Customer Service Manager. They were very nice, emphasized that Publix was a family. I got a good feeling from them, and it made me want the job more. Sometimes I hear they hire you on the spot, but for me it was a day or so before I received the call that they'd like to offer me a position.

Interview Question – They asked run-of-the-mill questions: what are your strengths, weaknesses, have you ever had to deal with an unhappy customer, what did you do, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!