Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

1.7

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in October 2011.

When I was called for the interview they didn't even specify who was calling and from where they were calling aka Publix. Scheduled my interview, I came in and interviewed I was asked to tell about myself and really that is it. They ask about your availability. They ask about your school schedule if you are in school. They ask about any previous experience. It was not complicated at all.

Interview Questions
  • I know someone who was asked to sell my manager a stapler before.   Answer Question
No negotiation. You start from the bottom, no matter what.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cashier Interview

For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix.

General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Publix.

Went into the store and applied at the kiosk. A manager had seen me applying and came over to me, he then asked if I could interview right then. He took me to an office and we chatted. I was only 16 at the time so I wasn't sure how the process was supposed to go. He was a very laid back chill guy and I felt very comfortable the entire time. He is still, 9 years later, my favorite manager. After talking for a bit he asked me when I could come back with a parent for a drug test, I went back that night and was told I had the job. Started work the next week.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, the only one that sticks out in my mind that he asked me was "Why do you want to work for Publix?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was 16 and got minimum wage like every other teenager.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interviewed with the store manager. Tell me about yourself type interview. We had a conversation about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. Offered me a job right away and did a drug test

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in May 2010.

Filled out application at the application booth at one of the stores. Asked you to take a personality quiz during the application process. Called for an interview in which I interviewed with the Customer Service Manager and the Store Manager. Around a 30 minute interview and was offered the job immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What happens when a customer has a bad shopping experience?   View Answer
    Able to start from previous rate from previous job.

Cashier Interview

I put in an application at the kiosk at the front of the store. Less than a week later I was contacted to come in for an interview. I spoke with the Customer Service Manager and then the Store Manager for a brief time. When they schedule a time for you to come back in for the drug test you have the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Publix.

Just had one interview, It was a simple interview since it was for a lower level position. The manager greeted me and took me to his office. He asked me some standard questions to basically get to know me and see what type of person I was. Publix wants good-hearted, friendly people.

Interview Questions
    • Not really hard or unexpected just asked" What all can you do for he company?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in February 2014.

Interview was more of a conversation about Publix and my most recent experience. Just talked about expectations and what he was looking for in an employee. Talked about my future goals with the company and other departments I would be interested in at a later time.

Interview Questions
    Store manager made an offer and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pompano Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

There was interview in person. Also you go there a few training process in there warehouse and in the store you will work in.

I would yes.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!