Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

1.7

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

Applied in-store at Job Application Kiosk and multiple locations in the area received my application. Interview was about on-time and It was with the Store Manager. He was very relaxed and personal. It seems like they really want to know about you. 2 days later i received a call with a job offer and a time to come in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel working in customer service with no experience?   View Answer
no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cashier Interview

For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Went into the store and applied at the kiosk. A manager had seen me applying and came over to me, he then asked if I could interview right then. He took me to an office and we chatted. I was only 16 at the time so I wasn't sure how the process was supposed to go. He was a very laid back chill guy and I felt very comfortable the entire time. He is still, 9 years later, my favorite manager. After talking for a bit he asked me when I could come back with a parent for a drug test, I went back that night and was told I had the job. Started work the next week.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, the only one that sticks out in my mind that he asked me was "Why do you want to work for Publix?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was 16 and got minimum wage like every other teenager.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interviewed with the store manager. Tell me about yourself type interview. We had a conversation about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. Offered me a job right away and did a drug test

Cashier Interview

I put in an application at the kiosk at the front of the store. Less than a week later I was contacted to come in for an interview. I spoke with the Customer Service Manager and then the Store Manager for a brief time. When they schedule a time for you to come back in for the drug test you have the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Publix.

Just had one interview, It was a simple interview since it was for a lower level position. The manager greeted me and took me to his office. He asked me some standard questions to basically get to know me and see what type of person I was. Publix wants good-hearted, friendly people.

Interview Questions
    • Not really hard or unexpected just asked" What all can you do for he company?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

There was interview in person. Also you go there a few training process in there warehouse and in the store you will work in.

I would yes.

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix in February 2014.

Interview was more of a conversation about Publix and my most recent experience. Just talked about expectations and what he was looking for in an employee. Talked about my future goals with the company and other departments I would be interested in at a later time.

Interview Questions
    Store manager made an offer and I accepted.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix.

I applied in-store and called a few times to make sure they knew I was really interested in interviewing. They finally scheduled one with me in the store, it was a solo interview. Usually the store manager takes part in the interviews but he was out of town so i was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager and the Customer Service Manager. They were very nice, emphasized that Publix was a family. I got a good feeling from them, and it made me want the job more. Sometimes I hear they hire you on the spot, but for me it was a day or so before I received the call that they'd like to offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked run-of-the-mill questions: what are your strengths, weaknesses, have you ever had to deal with an unhappy customer, what did you do, etc.   Answer Question