Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process was cool . Make sure you are ready to work though.practice your line so you wont stumble on words. Just pay attention. Obtain excellent customer service . Pretty easy going

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. Make sure that after applying at JAC, go talk to one of the store representatives, such as the Associate Store Manager. Leave a good/friendly first impression and they will make your application stand out. Arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled interview and do some practice interviews in your head and make sure to bring at least TWO (2) resumes. Ask if they would like to see a copy of your resume even if they didn't ask. The interview was fairly relaxed, but make sure you answer sincerely and put the emphasis of good customer service. Lastly, make sure to have at least 2 questions to ask the interviewer (not just for show) that you would personally want to know (i.e. work environment, priorities, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Publix usually pays a little above minimum wage. Don't ask for a raise before you even start but work your way up through promotions and such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Clemson, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I made sure I called at least once a week to make sure they were looking at my application. Eventually, I had an interview with the customer service manager. It was quick, only about 10 minutes if that, and they said stheyhe would give me a call back later in the week if the store manager wanted to meet me. You must interview with the store manager in order to receive an offer, as they make the last decision. I met with the store manager and that interview was only about 10 minutes as well. I was told that I would receive a call if they wish to hire me. The next day I received a call offering me a position in the produce department, which wasn't what I originally interviewed for, but I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and get a dollar more on my salary because I explained I wanted to keep open availability which is very valuable

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

The process was really easy. I expected worse, but the questions were very easy and straightforward with no pressure from the managers there. They also had me take an oral drug test there. You have to sit there for about 5-10 minutes after your interview is over, you've been hired, and they give you their pay idea for you. Then you just have to wait for the test to be done, sealed, and put away for shipping.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy process...managers were friendly. They ask for flexibility and adaptability. If you can do this, you will get the job for sure. The company is very customer service focused, so make sure to mention how would provide premier customer service

Interview Questions

• What would you do if face with a difficult customer ... This is a typical question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in store and asked to speak to the store manager. The gentleman was fairly nice and shook my hand but told me they weren't hiring. I came back a few day later and spoke to the customer service manager and she took my name down and called me for an interview 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied in the store and one week later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple.I met with the store manager and she went over my resume. She was very nice. One week later, I've got an offer, overall great experience

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Will ask you basic questions and if they feel that you are friendly and can handle customers politely, they will hire you.

Took weeks to get a job interview then drug test on the spot. After a week, they will get the result and will call you back for a job offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

Interview

Applied in-store at Job Application Kiosk and multiple locations in the area received my application. Interview was about on-time and It was with the Store Manager. He was very relaxed and personal. It seems like they really want to know about you. 2 days later i received a call with a job offer and a time to come in for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working in customer service with no experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Lilburn, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix (Lilburn, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

You have to go to a job kiosk and fill out some stuff. Then they'll call you to do a one on one interview. They tend to be more friendly than other low-skill recruiters. In fact, they're so friendly that you will probably leave the interview thinking you made it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what the slogan of Publix was.   1 Answer