Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Clemson, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I made sure I called at least once a week to make sure they were looking at my application. Eventually, I had an interview with the customer service manager. It was quick, only about 10 minutes if that, and they said stheyhe would give me a call back later in the week if the store manager wanted to meet me. You must interview with the store manager in order to receive an offer, as they make the last decision. I met with the store manager and that interview was only about 10 minutes as well. I was told that I would receive a call if they wish to hire me. The next day I received a call offering me a position in the produce department, which wasn't what I originally interviewed for, but I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and get a dollar more on my salary because I explained I wanted to keep open availability which is very valuable

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

The process was really easy. I expected worse, but the questions were very easy and straightforward with no pressure from the managers there. They also had me take an oral drug test there. You have to sit there for about 5-10 minutes after your interview is over, you've been hired, and they give you their pay idea for you. Then you just have to wait for the test to be done, sealed, and put away for shipping.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy process...managers were friendly. They ask for flexibility and adaptability. If you can do this, you will get the job for sure. The company is very customer service focused, so make sure to mention how would provide premier customer service

Interview Questions

• What would you do if face with a difficult customer ... This is a typical question   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in store and asked to speak to the store manager. The gentleman was fairly nice and shook my hand but told me they weren't hiring. I came back a few day later and spoke to the customer service manager and she took my name down and called me for an interview 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied in the store and one week later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple.I met with the store manager and she went over my resume. She was very nice. One week later, I've got an offer, overall great experience

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Will ask you basic questions and if they feel that you are friendly and can handle customers politely, they will hire you.

Took weeks to get a job interview then drug test on the spot. After a week, they will get the result and will call you back for a job offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

Interview

Applied in-store at Job Application Kiosk and multiple locations in the area received my application. Interview was about on-time and It was with the Store Manager. He was very relaxed and personal. It seems like they really want to know about you. 2 days later i received a call with a job offer and a time to come in for a drug test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working in customer service with no experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Interview

For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Sandy Springs, GA).

Interview

General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was very relaxed. He made a point to tell me that I need not be nervous. After standard questions, became more of a relaxed conversation rather than a formal interview. We actually ended up talking about hobbies that we had in common at the end.