Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

1.7

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Asked standard interview questions, ensured employee was team player.

Interview Questions
  • What has been a past mistake of yours on the job and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cashier Interview

For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Publix.

Interviewed with the store manager. Tell me about yourself type interview. We had a conversation about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. Offered me a job right away and did a drug test

Cashier Interview

Once i got the interview, the interview was so laid back and easy. just be polite, talk about how you'd like more responsibility, show you would be good to work with customers.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

interviewed at Publix in April 2011.

You have to apply in the store. It takes at least 30 minutes, sometimes more. They should call you within 30 days of your application. If they do not call you within 30 days, then you can apply again. What was interesting about my situation is that they called me after 40 days, but I have never heard that happening with anyone else.

Interview Questions
    • It was a basic interview. He also asked me to sell him his Gatorade bottle sitting on his desk. I found that to be a little interesting since cashiering does not require a lot of sales.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in October 2011.

When I was called for the interview they didn't even specify who was calling and from where they were calling aka Publix. Scheduled my interview, I came in and interviewed I was asked to tell about myself and really that is it. They ask about your availability. They ask about your school schedule if you are in school. They ask about any previous experience. It was not complicated at all.

Interview Questions
    • I know someone who was asked to sell my manager a stapler before.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You start from the bottom, no matter what.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Publix.

Went into the store and applied at the kiosk. A manager had seen me applying and came over to me, he then asked if I could interview right then. He took me to an office and we chatted. I was only 16 at the time so I wasn't sure how the process was supposed to go. He was a very laid back chill guy and I felt very comfortable the entire time. He is still, 9 years later, my favorite manager. After talking for a bit he asked me when I could come back with a parent for a drug test, I went back that night and was told I had the job. Started work the next week.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, the only one that sticks out in my mind that he asked me was "Why do you want to work for Publix?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was 16 and got minimum wage like every other teenager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix.

General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Met with a very pleasant lady. She went over what the company was and asked me about myself. She went on to say this was the first part of the interviewing process and I would be interviewed by the store manager or assistant next. She told me thing went great and I would be hearing from someone soon.

Interview Questions
    • There was really nothing difficult or unexpected in the interview. My only things is the background check. I haven't commitede murder or anything like that, but I know they are going to conduct one and there are a few things on there. Does anybody know how far back they will go?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix.

It's very hard to get into Publix. It is recommended that after you submit your application you introduce yourself to the manager and come back to speak to them from time to time to let them know that you are still interested in a job. I only had one interview where I also offered the job contingent upon my drug test.

No negotiation

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!