Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Interview

Asked standard interview questions, ensured employee was team player.

Interview Questions

• What has been a past mistake of yours on the job and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager. Tell me about yourself type interview. We had a conversation about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. Offered me a job right away and did a drug test

Cashier Interview

Interview

For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Once i got the interview, the interview was so laid back and easy. just be polite, talk about how you'd like more responsibility, show you would be good to work with customers.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Will ask you basic questions and if they feel that you are friendly and can handle customers politely, they will hire you. Took weeks to get a job interview then drug test on the spot. After a week, they will get the result and will call you back for a job offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

The process was really easy. I expected worse, but the questions were very easy and straightforward with no pressure from the managers there. They also had me take an oral drug test there. You have to sit there for about 5-10 minutes after your interview is over, you've been hired, and they give you their pay idea for you. Then you just have to wait for the test to be done, sealed, and put away for shipping.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy process...managers were friendly. They ask for flexibility and adaptability. If you can do this, you will get the job for sure. The company is very customer service focused, so make sure to mention how would provide premier customer service

Interview Questions

• What would you do if face with a difficult customer ... This is a typical question   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Simple and very quick interview, they do a drug test and fill out forms and give you important information but if they call you in for an interview it pretty much means you've already got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple. After applying at the publix store, My mother (publix employee) referred me to her manager.. After 1 week I was contacted for an interview. The manager was extremely friendly and because of my mother's employment there, he wanted to keep it, as he said, "short and sweet".. asked me one question and explained to me the importance of great customer service.. After that, I was hired. I was supposed to come back in three days later to do the drug test, but the manager decided to do it that same day.. A few days later I was called back in after getting the test results and given Publix cashier uniform (vest, white button down, and name tag).. I was scheduled to go to orientation the following week at another local Publix.. The orientation lasted about half of the day and was very helpful.. The day after orientation was my first day of training (computer, videos).. A few days after completing the video training, I was starting physical, on the job training ( I already knew everyone at this Publix so it made the experience 10x easier ).. I trained for almost 2 weeks before being put on my own.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process was cool . Make sure you are ready to work though.practice your line so you wont stumble on words. Just pay attention. Obtain excellent customer service . Pretty easy going