Publix Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Interview

Asked standard interview questions, ensured employee was team player.

Interview Questions

• What has been a past mistake of yours on the job and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Cashier Interview

Interview

Once i got the interview, the interview was so laid back and easy. just be polite, talk about how you'd like more responsibility, show you would be good to work with customers.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager. Tell me about yourself type interview. We had a conversation about my experience, and why I wanted to work there. Offered me a job right away and did a drug test

Cashier Interview

Interview

For me, I was called one night and asked to come in to meet with the store manager for an interview. The day of the interview I was actually offered the position and I took it on spot. The interview was quick, short, and to the point but I hear that it is different with every store.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Publix.

Interview

The process was really easy. I expected worse, but the questions were very easy and straightforward with no pressure from the managers there. They also had me take an oral drug test there. You have to sit there for about 5-10 minutes after your interview is over, you've been hired, and they give you their pay idea for you. Then you just have to wait for the test to be done, sealed, and put away for shipping.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Will ask you basic questions and if they feel that you are friendly and can handle customers politely, they will hire you.

Took weeks to get a job interview then drug test on the spot. After a week, they will get the result and will call you back for a job offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy process...managers were friendly. They ask for flexibility and adaptability. If you can do this, you will get the job for sure. The company is very customer service focused, so make sure to mention how would provide premier customer service

Interview Questions

• What would you do if face with a difficult customer ... This is a typical question   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix in October 2011.

Interview

When I was called for the interview they didn't even specify who was calling and from where they were calling aka Publix. Scheduled my interview, I came in and interviewed I was asked to tell about myself and really that is it. They ask about your availability. They ask about your school schedule if you are in school. They ask about any previous experience. It was not complicated at all.

Interview Questions

• I know someone who was asked to sell my manager a stapler before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start from the bottom, no matter what.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Publix (Altamonte Springs, FL).

Interview

Went into the store and applied at the kiosk. A manager had seen me applying and came over to me, he then asked if I could interview right then. He took me to an office and we chatted. I was only 16 at the time so I wasn't sure how the process was supposed to go. He was a very laid back chill guy and I felt very comfortable the entire time. He is still, 9 years later, my favorite manager. After talking for a bit he asked me when I could come back with a parent for a drug test, I went back that night and was told I had the job. Started work the next week.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, the only one that sticks out in my mind that he asked me was "Why do you want to work for Publix?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was 16 and got minimum wage like every other teenager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix (Sandy Springs, GA).

Interview

General questions about background, nothing too difficult. They were just trying to get a feel for what type of person you were. Show up and be professional and this will be a formality.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Told me a number and that it was as high as they were allowed to offer.