Publix Customer Service Staff Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

1.7

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very short and unprofessional. I was asked ridiculous questions. They did a lot of my important information over the phone which resulted in another easy pointless interview. They hire anyone and anyone as long as you can pass a drug test

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be an animal, what would you be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Applied at kiosk in store, received a call back 2 weeks later. First interview was with the assistant manager and it was very relaxed; more of a "get to know you" type interview. They did ask about my previous customer service experience, and also to tell them about a time that I dealt with an upset customer and what did I do about to handle the situation. Was told during the first interview that they liked me and they would call me the next day for a second interview with the store manager. As expected, they called the next day to schedule the second interview. This interview took place 4 days after the first. The manager asked me what I know about Publix and then proceeded to explain the origins of the company to me (I honestly had not researched that question). The interview was again very relaxed and the manager explained how there's a lot of opportunity to advance within Publix. No unexpected questions. I feel like, as in the first interview, they were trying to get a feel for who you are as a person. Was called the next day with an offer for full-time employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Cary, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied at an application fair that Publix was holding. It was held in a hotel lobby as the store was not finished being built. Within 72 hours of applying, I was called by Publix to set up an interview time. I then went for my interview. Within 48 hours of the interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table that would benefit Publix?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Huntsville, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied at the store through computer kiosk. Couple weeks later called for an interview with store manager. Next day (Saturday) met with Customer Service Manger. Offered a position on Monday.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Mostly behavioral question, not technical at all. Got a phone call on the same day, and did that drug test. For all retail location, the work day starts on every Saturday. Pay is one week behind, and if you have its credit union, you get pay on every Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Only ask for experience and why do you want to work for Publix.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Apply on one of the Publix computers located outside some stores in where your application process goes fast that if you apply from a different source. First you receive a call from the Manager of the Customer Service to schedule a personal interview on the store. Your interview is conducted in the store with the assessor of the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose Publix to work?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what makes Publix different from other stores?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Regular 1 on 1, make sure you lock your FB privacy of bad pictures

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2 day paid class training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Ocala, FL).

Interview

If you' re seeking an entry level position and you get called in for an interview you are almost guaranteed a position. I had my interview with the store manager and it lasted about 10 minutes. He asked very general questions about my experience with people and working as a team and at the end of the interview offered me a position. I was then issued an employee handbook and drug tested via mouth swab. A few days later I had my orientation which lasted I think a little more than four hours and they give you a half sub, chips, and a drink halfway through. About a week later I had training in my store which lasted about six to eight hours.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions I was given were fairly simple and straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

They asked questions so that they could get to know you, both personally, and how Publix could use your skills. It was a 1-on-1 interview that included the customer service manager, and then i eventually had to interview with the store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview wasn't particularly difficult at all. Getting a job at Publix, unfortunately, is based more on the people you happen to know and not actual credentials. Be punctual though, as retail positions rely on punctuality.