Publix Customer Service Staff Interview Questions

1.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in September 2014.

I applied at an application fair that Publix was holding. It was held in a hotel lobby as the store was not finished being built. Within 72 hours of applying, I was called by Publix to set up an interview time. I then went for my interview. Within 48 hours of the interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • What would you bring to the table that would benefit Publix?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Customer Service Staff Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Publix.

Mostly behavioral question, not technical at all.
    Got a phone call on the same day, and did that drug test.
    For all retail location, the work day starts on every Saturday.
    Pay is one week behind, and if you have its credit union, you get pay on every Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • Only ask for experience and why do you want to work for Publix.   Answer Question

Customer Service Staff Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Publix in August 2010.

Special circumstance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Publix in April 2011.

The interview wasn't particularly difficult at all. Getting a job at Publix, unfortunately, is based more on the people you happen to know and not actual credentials. Be punctual though, as retail positions rely on punctuality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Deltona, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deltona, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in January 2009.

I applied in store and later called for interview. The interview was conducted by the assistant store manager. He asked very basic questions. He was mostly interested in my attitude towards helping customers. A drug test was administered. I was hired as a part time bagger and within six months I was promoted to customer service staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

Regular 1 on 1, make sure you lock your FB privacy of bad pictures

2 day paid class training

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in February 2010.

You have to apply in the store at the employment center computer. Your information will go to all stores in your area, so you may get called from a store at a different location than the one you applied. If you don't hear anything within 2 weeks, call and speak with the store or assistant store manager. There is an interview and drug test. Once results come back you are set up for weekend orientation and then begin your job.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions are not generally "tell me a time when..." questions. They are mostly just conversations that ask about your interests and positions you may be interested/qualified.   Answer Question
    I was told the hourly rate during the interview. I did not negotiate but found out later that it is definitely possible to do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in October 2010.

it took about a week after I submitted an application I recieved a call to show up for an interview. I first met with the department manager, soon after scheduled with the store manager. Very quick and easy process. did orientation while they got back the results of the drug test and background check. First job at 19 so they gave me a great opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Publix.

If you' re seeking an entry level position and you get called in for an interview you are almost guaranteed a position. I had my interview with the store manager and it lasted about 10 minutes. He asked very general questions about my experience with people and working as a team and at the end of the interview offered me a position. I was then issued an employee handbook and drug tested via mouth swab. A few days later I had my orientation which lasted I think a little more than four hours and they give you a half sub, chips, and a drink halfway through. About a week later I had training in my store which lasted about six to eight hours.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions I was given were fairly simple and straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Publix in February 2011.

I applied at an in-store kiosk and was called in for my first interview approximately three weeks later. I was told that I would have a second interview in a week at most. However, my second interview did not come for another 6 weeks. Immediately after, I did a drug test that was supposed to return the results in 3-5 business days. I was not called back for another five weeks, at which time I was told to come in the next day to do paperwork and be given a schedule for training in two days.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked to elaborate the experiences I had on my resume, in both interviews. THen I spoke very casually with the manager for about 30 mins.   Answer Question

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!